Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-16-2015, 09:02 AM

2,387 posts, read 2,211,217 times

Advertisements

Any single guys here? What are your thoughts? Does Denver live up to its moniker: Menver?

I'm trying to decide if I need to "get out of Dodge" if I want to meet my SO. My experience has been so-so here. I've come across several articles written about how Denver is totally a women's dating market paradise. Do you agree that the proportion is that far out of whack?

I'm in my late 20s btw.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-16-2015, 09:13 AM

2,394 posts, read 5,000,289 times
Well I moved here when I was 28 and I ended up meeting my now wife at 29 in this area. I'm very shy and have had a very hard time meeting women in the past, so based on my experience I don't think it's as bad as all that.

I think the key is to join a club and try to find people with similar likes and interests, rather than the random meetings at bars, clubs or the like.

Old 01-16-2015, 09:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snikt View Post
Well I moved here when I was 28 and I ended up meeting my now wife at 29 in this area. I'm very shy and have had a very hard time meeting women in the past, so based on my experience I don't think it's as bad as all that.

I think the key is to join a club and try to find people with similar likes and interests, rather than the random meetings at bars, clubs or the like.
That's very encouraging to hear. Congrats!

When did you move here?

Old 01-16-2015, 09:25 AM

2,394 posts, read 5,000,289 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lafleur View Post
That's very encouraging to hear. Congrats!

When did you move here?
late 2010, and we just got married September of 2014

Old 01-16-2015, 10:16 AM

694 posts, read 1,039,582 times
There are a lot of single "studs" here. However, the key to successful dating is not to be a jerk. Period. You don't need to look like Brad Pitt or have his money to be scoring in this town.

Not sure of what type of lady you are in the market for, but if you wanna blow all your greenbacks, there are plenty around town who will take it. However, there also some great down-to-earth single women just looking for a nice guy who treats them like a lady.

Don't lie, show-off, and try to claim something you're not. There are so many jackass guys in this city trying to act like they own the bank, claim the Mercedes is in the garage, have a house in cherry creek north, and it's nothing but bullS*&t. No wonder they spend their nights alone or wasting time at some loser club.

I could be dating 3 - 4 different women each week that's how many there are here.

Good luck.

Last edited by JohnnyDenver; 01-16-2015 at 10:19 AM.. Reason: spelling

Old 01-16-2015, 10:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyDenver View Post
There are a lot of single "studs" here. However, the key to successful dating is not to be a jerk. Period. You don't need to look like Brad Pitt or have his money to be scoring in this town.

Not sure of what type of lady you are in the market for, but if you wanna blow all your greenbacks, there are plenty around town who will take it. However, there also some great down-to-earth single women just looking for a nice guy who treats them like a lady.

Don't lie, show-off, and try to claim something you're not. There are so many jackass guys in this city trying to act like they own the bank, claim the Mercedes is in the garage, have a house in cherry creek north, and it's nothing but bullS*&t. No wonder they spend their nights alone or wasting time at some loser club.

I could be dating 3 - 4 different women each week that's how many there are here.

Good luck.
Laid back and down to earth sounds great. That's how I am. I'm also pretty frugal FWIW, but don't have any issue taking a girl out for a reasonably priced date.

Old 01-16-2015, 01:21 PM

14,164 posts, read 27,225,839 times
When I was a single dude in my 20s in Denver, I was able to find a husband! We've been together for 18 years now. Oh... different thread. Menver was good to me.

Old 01-16-2015, 02:01 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,747,599 times
Quote:
Any single guys here? What are your thoughts? Does Denver live up to its moniker: Menver?

I'm trying to decide if I need to "get out of Dodge" if I want to meet my SO. My experience has been so-so here. I've come across several articles written about how Denver is totally a women's dating market paradise. Do you agree that the proportion is that far out of whack?

I'm in my late 20s btw.
When my daughter was single, she certainly did not think that!

Old 01-16-2015, 02:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FallsAngel View Post
When my daughter was single, she certainly did not think that!
Can you elaborate? Did she just meet a lot of bad guys?

Old 01-16-2015, 02:14 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,747,599 times
Quote:
Can you elaborate? Did she just meet a lot of bad guys?
I don't want to get into her private life. Let's say it wasn't as easy for her or her friends as one reads/hears about.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver