Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-22-2015, 09:22 AM

16 posts, read 38,636 times

Advertisements

Hi, looking to relocate to the area and we've done a bunch of research/visited some preschools, but have not found something that feels like a good fit. We really liked the Montessori School of Washington Park, but they are full for the fall. Can anyone recommend a pre-school that you/your kids loved? We like the Reggio Emilia / Montessori philosophies, child-led, etc. Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-22-2015, 09:36 AM

26,660 posts, read 13,757,033 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jessiker View Post
Hi, looking to relocate to the area and we've done a bunch of research/visited some preschools, but have not found something that feels like a good fit. We really liked the Montessori School of Washington Park, but they are full for the fall. Can anyone recommend a pre-school that you/your kids loved? We like the Reggio Emilia / Montessori philosophies, child-led, etc. Thanks!
The only reggio inspired preschool that I know of in Denver is this one: Larks Preschool | Denver Preschools, Denver Child Care

Many people speak highly of Cottonwood preschool in Littleton, Denver co-op preschool and Montview Co-op.

Montview Community Preschool & Kindergarten
Cottonwood Preschool
Denver Cooperative Preschool | A Play-Based Community in Denver, Colorado

Old 01-22-2015, 10:47 AM

24,201 posts, read 19,224,183 times
if you google "Reggio Emilia Denver" several things come up. No personal experience with any of them, but it's a good place to start.

Old 01-22-2015, 01:07 PM

Thank you. We have already visited Lark, Little Sprouts and Open Air, amongst others. I am looking for any recommendations that I might not be able to to find from afar. Thanks.

Old 01-22-2015, 01:15 PM

We have visited Denver cooperative preschool as well.

Old 01-22-2015, 03:43 PM

Quote:
Thank you. We have already visited Lark, Little Sprouts and Open Air, amongst others. I am looking for any recommendations that I might not be able to to find from afar. Thanks.
What others did you visit? What did you like and not like about different schools? Do you know what part of town you plan to live in so that we aren't suggesting options that are too far away?

Old 01-23-2015, 12:30 PM

We saw Larks, Open Air, Little sprouts, Montessori School of Wash Park, Montessori children's house of Denver and Denver cooperative preschool. We are looking for a child-led, experiential learning environment where our son will use as many natural materials as possible (a la Reggio Emilia) and there will be a strong sense of community for him and our family.

Old 01-23-2015, 12:48 PM

Quote:
We saw Larks, Open Air, Little sprouts, Montessori School of Wash Park, Montessori children's house of Denver and Denver cooperative preschool. We are looking for a child-led, experiential learning environment where our son will use as many natural materials as possible (a la Reggio Emilia) and there will be a strong sense of community for him and our family.
What did you not like about Denver Co-op or larks? They both sound like what you are looking for.
You may want to check out the Denver Waldorf School or the Patchwork school in Louisville.

Old 01-26-2015, 09:04 AM

19 posts, read 25,137 times
The Boulder Jewish Community Center (commonly known as the Boulder JCC) in North Boulder runs a fantastic preschool using the Reggio Emilia principles and they are in the process of building a beautiful new facility in East Boulder. I sent my older daughter to their preschool and it was fabulous experience, I would of have sent my younger daughter as well but we moved to east Boulder county and I felt the commute was too long for the amount of time she would be there. We are not of the Jewish faith ourselves I had just heard about them through world of mouth and I never felt that the fact we were not part of the religious community was a detriment to her experience at all. Just thought I would share that fact since it seems to be a common concern from people that I recommend the school too that aren't part of the Jewish community. I'm not personally familiar with the Denver JCC's but it might be worth checking out to see if they also have Reggio Emilia preschools in an area that works best for you.

Last edited by Corelni; 01-26-2015 at 09:08 AM.. Reason: add something
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver