Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-07-2006, 11:39 AM

2 posts, read 31,543 times

Advertisements

Hi,

Just came acroos this forum. Seems to be a great forum.

I am moving to Denver around end of November and so wanted to get some feedback about the area.

Can anyone give some reviews about The French Quarter apartment located at 3227 S Parker Rd, Denvwer Co. How is the area in general (safety wise). I think it is a part of Aurora....

The other apartment I have shortlisted is Cherry Creek Tennis & Sailing Club,5001 E Mississippi Ave, Denver, CO 80246

Would appreciate if anyone can give some feedback about both the area (if it is safe or not and other general details)

Thanks in Advance
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-07-2006, 12:30 PM

15 posts, read 104,159 times
CTtoDenver:
I'm a Denver/metro area Native. I grew up in Wheatridge and have lived in nearly every area of metro Denver. I would say that Aurora is just OK in the "safety" spectrum. The French Quarter apts are right on a very busy road (Parker Rd), a bit dumpy, and are not the best space for the money in that area. Just up the street is The Aventine apts..which in my opinion is much much better. The CC Tennis club is great and in a nice area...Cherry Creek is really nice and closer to downtown. I just moved to Lakewood from Aurora and couldn't be happier to be out of Aurora. I felt the "community" aspect of Aurora leaves a lot to be desired. Depending on where you will work...the commute to just about anywhere from Aurora is terrible. There is public transportation that is great (and within walking distance from The Aventine apts)...but my opinion is to look further West...in Littleton, Lakewood, SW Denver or even Arvada/Golden. Hope this helps and good luck!!

Old 11-08-2006, 12:12 AM

26 posts, read 198,735 times
Default Actions

Well for someone who moved a few months ago from California, well it isn't that bad at all. Aurora is diverse city with over 300,000 people and possibly the next county to join the main 5 in the Metro area. As far as apartments go, well the ones we are living in are really nice. It is also on S. Parker Rd. south of I-225 near the intersection of Arapahoe and S. Parker. Its about 3-4 miles south of the French Quarter Apartments. I thought those apartments looked nothing like the name suggested and can agree with the earlier post that the area is somewhat spotty. The apartments that we live in are actually in the city of Centennial, which is pretty much surrounded by Aurora and is walking distance to the Cherry Creek State Park. The apartments name is called "Pinnacle at the Creek" Which is located at the intersection of Orchard and S. Parker.

You can look it up on Google Earth or look online. The address is 6107 S. Parker Rd. Centennial, Co. 80016. It is owned by a company called "Bre Apartment homes." Large spaces, new with 9 foot ceilings and very affordable! Quiet with working proffessionals living here without partying and trashy neighbors.

Old 11-08-2006, 07:46 AM

2 posts, read 31,543 times
Thank You BlueSky and CornDog. It really helps... Actually I'll be working in Englewood and so was looking something that is really close. Also I have heard that Denver has a very good Public transport facility. Is it so??? Will I be needing a car?

I have a Car but I am thinking to come back and take my Car say after 1 month or so... Will that be a problem?? Can I commute without a car for a month??

Thanks Again,

Old 11-08-2006, 09:40 AM

616 posts, read 3,005,216 times
Doing without a car really depends on where you are working and living. Whether you are within walking distance to stores and bus stops (or light rail). Some people manage.

Personally, I wouldn't want to do without a car. I don't like waiting around for busses/trains and taking more time to get to a destination (in most cases) than if I drove there myself.

Old 11-09-2006, 03:40 AM

26 posts, read 198,735 times
Default Yep

That advice is good. I currently work for RTD and can attest that it all depends on whether your work is within walking or biking distance of a bus or rail way. However, RTD is a great system, one of the best in nation.

It again all comes down to how close to the rail or bus line is your residence and work. Englewood for example is a decent sized city, but there is a rail line that runs through it.

Old 11-09-2006, 09:36 AM

15 posts, read 104,159 times
Default Not a problem

If you are working in Englewood I would suggest possibly looking at apartments there or in Lakewood (per my previous posts...I am a big fan of Belmar in Lakewood). I mostly agree with the previous posts regarding public transportation, but I went without a car for 2 years and managed just fine. Yes, having a car is more convenient...but once you learn the bus/train routes you can get where you need to go with a little pre-planning. You may also want to consider looking at apts in Littleton or Highlands Ranch near the lightrail stations there. There is a large lightrail station right in the middle of Englewood. I currently drive to a park-n-ride and take the train downtown to work and it is 99% problem free. You may want to consider finding a cheap apt somewhere with a month-to-month lease so you can get used to the area and find something that suits you. I lived at Buchtel Park apts in college and there is a lightrail station across the street and a buss that goes directly through Englewood. Not a great place but not bad for short term...and it's in a very convenient location. It would only be 15 minutes on the bus to Englewood and pretty much everything you need is within walking distance. There are nicer rental places in that (University of Denver) area if you look.

Old 11-13-2006, 09:30 PM

1,088 posts, read 6,342,004 times
You might want to make check to see if your job is in Englewood proper or in the Denver Tech Center. The Denver Tech Center isn't in Englewood but for whatever reason some people seem to think parts of it is. This is going to directly influence where you are going to want to live.

Either way don't live in Cherry Creek Tennis and Sailing Club. My sister lived there for about 3 months before she broke her lease. Worst decision she ever made. You could here every noise made in other apartments. The toilet above her flooded into her closet and bathroom. The apartment was in bad shape overall. Even though there was nothing to steal her car was broken into anyway. Just about everything you can think of was wrong with this apartment. Would not recommend. Cherry Creek is a very nice area but this complex is in Glendale which is basically a collection of very run down apartments and Cherry Creek Tennis and Sailing Club is no exception.

Old 08-27-2007, 09:47 PM

4,468 posts, read 10,615,820 times
Is anyone familiar with Aspen Ridge on E Baltic Place?

Or Hickory Ridge on Richfield Way (says Denver but appears to be Aurora zip, 80013)

Thanks for the comments on the Aventine, it was on my list to check out and it's good to read some feedback about it.

Old 08-28-2007, 07:20 AM

10 posts, read 70,833 times
Hi, I had shortlisted the French quarter as well after looking at the apartment online. But based on the reviews on Apartment Ratings:

French Quarter Apartment Ratings, Reviews, Map, Rents, and other Aurora apartments for rent from ApartmentRatings.com

I doubt if the French would approve.. I'm coming down to denver in the second week of sept; hopefully I'l have discovered something good by then . Do let me know if you come across a nice place..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver