Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-25-2015, 11:26 AM

3 posts, read 2,294 times

Advertisements

Hello all,

I have just accepted a job offer in Englewood, Co. My work location would be near the NW corner of Centennial Airport. I was hoping to get some neighborhood suggestions for rentals in the area. I was hoping to stay in the neighborhood of $1200 for rent. It will be for just me and my girlfriend, both in our thirties, and no children. Any help would be appreciated.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-25-2015, 12:04 PM

331 posts, read 462,841 times
Get thee to a map. "Englewood" is the postal address for a HUGE area that is not at all the same as the City of Englewood. This is always very confusing to newcomers, and to plenty of local residents as well.

For instance, your work location is closer to Lone Tree or Centennial than to Englewood. I don't have time to look it up, but it could be in unincorporated Arapahoe County if it's not in Centennial. I seriously doubt that it's in the City of Englewood.

You really need to get onto Google maps or something similar to get a feel for the area, then hit padmapper.com. I hope someone with better knowledge of the area will chime in here with details.

Good luck!

Old 03-25-2015, 03:00 PM

24,204 posts, read 19,082,638 times
Suzatlarge is correct - the airport is not in the city of Englewood, it just has that for the address. If you use the zip code for the airport, that will give you a good starting point for location. There are quite a number of apartment complexes in that general area, as well as condo complexes that are likely to have some units for rent.

Old 03-25-2015, 04:08 PM

11,819 posts, read 34,323,376 times
padmapper.com

Old 03-25-2015, 06:35 PM

2,453 posts, read 3,583,436 times
There are lots of apartments/condos off Broncos Parkway a couple of miles east of your work location. You're actually nicely situated to live in Centennial, or even Parker. I used to work in the area near Centennial Airport and I live in western Centennial. It took me about 20 minutes to get to work. And yes, the location does have an Englewood mailing address but is nowhere near the city of Englewood. Think Centennial instead.

Old 03-27-2015, 02:32 PM

3 posts, read 2,294 times
Thanks for the responses. I will be visiting in a couple weeks to do some apartment hunting. We have decided to focus on the Parker and Centennial areas. I find many options on PadMapper in our price range of $1200, but it will be nice to actually visit these apartments. Is there any area that is more budget friendly than the other?

Old 03-27-2015, 05:39 PM

694 posts, read 1,034,890 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eastern_er View Post
Thanks for the responses. I will be visiting in a couple weeks to do some apartment hunting. We have decided to focus on the Parker and Centennial areas. I find many options on PadMapper in our price range of $1200, but it will be nice to actually visit these apartments. Is there any area that is more budget friendly than the other?
For a decent 1 bedroom in that area, 1k + is the norm and at the low end.

It's sad it's that high, but that the reality of the current Denver rental market.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver