Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-30-2015, 11:54 PM

29 posts, read 40,080 times

Advertisements

I recently moved into the area and bought a home in Coal Creek Canyon in between Golden and Boulder (technically Golden). Now that the weather is warming up, I'd like to add more livable outdoor space to the property in addition to adding a few trees along the boundary for added privacy.

We're thinking of adding a fire pit, hot tub, and extended patio/grill area and would like to keep it relatively minimalist to avoid maintenance and preserve the natural beauty of the land. For folks that have done similar projects (especially in the mountains), I'd really appreciate any advice on: lessons learned, recommended "must have" outdoor features, any caveats, DIY vs hiring a pro, etc. I traditionally prefer to do most projects myself; however, the scope and vision of this project might require the aid of a pro.

With that said, if anyone has specific recommendations for a landscaping company with experience on mountain properties, feel free to let me know via private message. I've found a couple promising ones online but would love any other recommendations. Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-31-2015, 11:00 AM

403 posts, read 760,208 times
In my experience, if your outdoor area is on the north facing side of you property, you will definitely want a fire pit. If you have natural gas available...run it to the fire pit and make life easy. You'll use it way more than you think you will. The soil in the foothills is hard and rocky. You will bust your hump trying to dig into it on your own. Hire a pro with good equipment.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver