Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-03-2015, 06:01 AM

1,261 posts, read 694,244 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DANNNY__ View Post
Nope - they probably think of that image more associated with California. Or Washington, where marijuana is also legal and which has the biggest hempfest in the world. Colorado is still a few rungs down in terms of states associated with marijuana.
I love Colorado, and try to get there as often as possible, but when I told a coworker I was going to Denver, he laughed and made a reference to pot...but that is expected. As my friend use to say, the “pioneers get arrows in their back”. It will settle down as more and more states go recreational usage.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-03-2015, 07:29 AM

79 posts, read 99,918 times
I live in an apartment building near downtown Arvada (the Reserve at Watertower) where several of my neighbors apparently do little more than smoke Cheech and Chong amounts of MJ each weekend. Ny next door neighbor did this so much the smell permeated my apartment and I would have to knock on her door to ask her to open up a window when she blazed. Each time I knocked she opened the door totally drugged out and said something like "oh, I'm baking cookies maybe that's what you smell" (I kid you not). Noooo... you are not baking cookies - open your damn window!"

Last month the apartment management finally(!) sent around a notice about drug use and the issue has pretty much gone away but I'm moving as soon as my lease is up because they apparently don't really screen the residents very well.

Old 04-03-2015, 07:54 AM

18 posts, read 24,877 times
We're the laughing stock of the country right now. Anytime I travel these days the first thing somebody brings up when they hear I'm from Denver is weed. I'm tired of it.

Old 04-03-2015, 08:08 AM

897 posts, read 1,253,159 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by schloe View Post
We're the laughing stock of the country right now. Anytime I travel these days the first thing somebody brings up when they hear I'm from Denver is weed. I'm tired of it.
Can you move somewhere else?

Old 04-03-2015, 08:09 AM

9,963 posts, read 18,499,454 times
Quote:
Someone has to lead, in order to do so we need to ruffle some feathers.

I just tell them it's nice to live in a state that is open to change ... plus "it's good to have options".

Old 04-03-2015, 08:37 AM

11,477 posts, read 11,559,641 times
Quote:
I work in corporate America and travel extensively. People are always very curious, but I would hardly use the term laughing stock.

Old 04-03-2015, 08:47 AM

12,566 posts, read 10,617,630 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DANNNY__ View Post
Nope - they probably think of that image more associated with California. Or Washington, where marijuana is also legal and which has the biggest hempfest in the world. Colorado is still a few rungs down in terms of states associated with marijuana.
I disagree. It may be below Washington but after that there is no other state that is more associated with pot than Colorado, not even Califorinia where it is not legal. I can't travel anywhere without getting some snide remark or joke about pot in Colorado. Cars with Colorado plates are targeted by cops in neighboring states.

I don't smoke the stuff but I am all for it being legal.

Old 04-03-2015, 08:57 AM

1,261 posts, read 694,244 times
Quote:
They have already made $800 million.....give or take. You dont think other States will jump in ?

Old 04-03-2015, 09:05 AM

12,566 posts, read 10,617,630 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barry Rock View Post
They have already made $800 million.....give or take. You dont think other States will jump in ?
It is only a matter of time before the whole country jumps in.

Old 04-03-2015, 09:08 AM

4,031 posts, read 2,716,220 times
Quote:
With all the money we're making off of it, we're laughing all the way to the bank.

I have a number of vendors fly into this state for business, and they ask about it because they're curious, but I think they're more curious how the shops get around all the federal banking regulations. Though a couple have mentioned it's fascinating to see the recreational shops just sitting in the middle of an ordinary strip mall, like it's a fast-food restaurant or some such, and how Coloradans hardly even pay attention to them. They figure the novelty has worn off for us and now we just all go about our business.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver