Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-19-2015, 06:45 PM

457 posts, read 645,837 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackmet View Post
Lets get this straight...

No money.
A sketchy, unstable living situation with some "friends."
No job lined up for you or your husband.
Possibly 3-5 teenagers to young adults in tow. PLEASE tell me they are not with you and are somewhere safe, otherwise you're not just dumb, you're abusive and neglectful.

And you decide to come to one of the 10 most expensive cities in the country, which is suffering from a major housing shortage, much less anything remotely affordable in your kind of situation?

If I had this level of pre-planning skills, I'd be dead.

Hope you both find jobs and places somewhere, ANYWHERE, and quickly. But you made a big mistake. I hope you've learned something from it.
OK, like I said, CONNECTICUT is MORE expensive than Denver. Denver, get over yourselves.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-19-2015, 06:47 PM

457 posts, read 645,837 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mollygee View Post
Good Luck to you and yours!!! Do try the shelters, mentioned. Seems like many years ago, but we did the same thing, with a young baby.....took off to Montana; did not work out at all. Years later, we went to Alaska, with 2 kids, then. Things were a lot better. Hubby's brother was living in the town we moved to. Sure is easier, when you know someone reliable. We were younger...well, lots younger. (I loved Alaska); anyway, like someone else said.....maybe you should try Denver, or go South to Colorado Springs or Pueblo, or north to Wyoming? (There are some nice towns, between Denver and Wyoming.)

Did you say you came all the way from Ct? Just write it off as, you tried and if all else fails, go back home. Adventure, not lost cause; that's what I say.
OK, once again: CONNECTICUT IS MORE EXPENSIVE.

Geez.

Old 05-19-2015, 06:57 PM

245 posts, read 323,861 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by penny1969 View Post
They said they were coming from CONNECTICUT. Denver is less bat-ass expensive than anything in Connecticut, people. I know Denverites like to think they're the most expensive city in the world rivaling San Francisco, New York City, Boston, CONNECTICUT, and possibly Honolulu, but GET OVER YOURSELVES, DENVER.
When did Connecticut become a city?? Is Puerto Rico a state now? I'm so confused.

Old 05-19-2015, 08:13 PM

4,031 posts, read 2,715,223 times
Quote:
They said they were coming from CONNECTICUT. Denver is less bat-ass expensive than anything in Connecticut, people. I know Denverites like to think they're the most expensive city in the world rivaling San Francisco, New York City, Boston, CONNECTICUT, and possibly Honolulu, but GET OVER YOURSELVES, DENVER.
It really doesn't matter whether Connecticut is more expensive or not. This boils down to that a group of people with no work lined up, no definite place to stay, and no money, packed themselves up and moved damn near all the way across the country based on a whim and a 'maybe', and are somehow acting surprised that they're in a bad situation.

Maybe Denver is less expensive than Connecticut, but people in Denver do still expect to be paid for providing food (grocery stores, restaurants) and shelter (landlords).

Old 05-20-2015, 08:32 AM

12,566 posts, read 10,616,175 times
Quote:
You are completely reading this thread out of context. You may not like Denver but at least stay on topic and read what the OP posted.

Last edited by Timmyy; 05-20-2015 at 08:41 AM..

Old 05-20-2015, 10:17 AM

24,202 posts, read 19,206,363 times
not for nothing, there are plenty of inexpensive places in CT. Do the most expensive areas out pace Denver? Absolutely. But I'm feeling I can say with a fair degree of accuracy that the OP was not living in one of the more expensive areas of CT.

Old 05-20-2015, 12:51 PM

556 posts, read 763,105 times
I'm not sure where the stat for Denver being one of the top 10 most expensive places in the country came from, but if that's true, the drop of from 3 to 4 is massive and from maybe 6 to 7 is tremendous.

If Denver is top 10, then just how cheap is #20?!?!?!

Old 05-20-2015, 01:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by guyatwork37 View Post
I'm not sure where the stat for Denver being one of the top 10 most expensive places in the country came from, but if that's true, the drop of from 3 to 4 is massive and from maybe 6 to 7 is tremendous.

If Denver is top 10, then just how cheap is #20?!?!?!
Did somebody in this thread mention Denver being in the top 10? I am kind of confused of what your post was based on.

From what I am reading Denver isn't in the top 15. It is just getting more expensive by the day.

Old 05-20-2015, 02:06 PM

556 posts, read 763,105 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackmet View Post
Lets get this straight...

No money.
A sketchy, unstable living situation with some "friends."
No job lined up for you or your husband.
Possibly 3-5 teenagers to young adults in tow. PLEASE tell me they are not with you and are somewhere safe, otherwise you're not just dumb, you're abusive and neglectful.

And you decide to come to one of the 10 most expensive cities in the country, which is suffering from a major housing shortage, much less anything remotely affordable in your kind of situation?

If I had this level of pre-planning skills, I'd be dead.

Hope you both find jobs and places somewhere, ANYWHERE, and quickly. But you made a big mistake. I hope you've learned something from it.
I was quoting this post.

Old 05-20-2015, 02:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by guyatwork37 View Post
I was quoting this post.
Thanks for clarifying. I didn't go back far enough.

Denver is getting expensive but it certainly isn't top 10.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver