Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-10-2015, 01:32 PM

7 posts, read 7,592 times

Advertisements

I've always been interested in the relationship or lack there of between the city of Denver, CO and Kansas City, MO. It may sound like a strange thought of mine to have but I was just curious what the people from Denver think about Kansas City in general. This could include anything from experiences, people, attractions, food, sports teams, skyline, or just the first few things that come to mind.

I'm from Kansas City and I've been to Denver many times throughout the years and have always been pretty impressed upon arrival. Here are some random thoughts I have about your city.

1. Skyline is decent. Nothing too spectacular (neither is KC's)
2. Backdrop to the city is gorgeous and second to none.
3. I have no idea what food you guys like or specialize in.
4. LoDo is incredibly fun to party in.
5. Red Rocks is the best music venue I've ever been to.
6. I hate the Broncos.. Especially since they've been really good and I'm a Chiefs fan lol.
7. You know how there are those teams in professional sports that you forget exist? I would honestly say that both the Rockies and Nuggets would be on that list of forgotten teams.

That's all I can think of for now. Feel free to bash or compliment KC!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-10-2015, 01:34 PM

12,566 posts, read 10,617,630 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boss_Hammer View Post
I've always been interested in the relationship or lack there of between the city of Denver, CO and Kansas City, MO. It may sound like a strange thought of mine to have but I was just curious what the people from Denver think about Kansas City in general. This could include anything from experiences, people, attractions, food, sports teams, skyline, or just the first few things that come to mind.

I'm from Kansas City and I've been to Denver many times throughout the years and have always been pretty impressed upon arrival. Here are some random thoughts I have about your city.

6. I hate the Broncos.. Especially since they've been really good and I'm a Chiefs fan lol.
7. You know how there are those teams in professional sports that you forget exist? I would honestly say that both the Rockies and Nuggets would be on that list of forgotten teams.

The Royals were on that list up until last year.

Old 04-10-2015, 01:37 PM

7 posts, read 7,592 times
Thanks for the input! Wouldn't blame you for thinking that haha.

Old 04-10-2015, 01:38 PM

26,214 posts, read 49,044,521 times
I like KC bbq, especially Arthur Bryant's, though haven't been in several years. The sauce was legendary.

When Arthur died and went to heaven, St Peter met him at the pearly gates and asked: Did you bring sauce?
http://www.harvardcommonpress.com/im...3-1024x682.jpg
- Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.
- Thank you and enjoy City-Data.

Old 04-10-2015, 01:41 PM

17,711 posts, read 29,823,179 times
KC is east of here.
That is all I think about it.

Old 04-10-2015, 02:11 PM

245 posts, read 323,861 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boss_Hammer View Post

I have lived in KC (well Olathe) and I enjoyed my time there. Downtown was very much a 9-5 place at that time (probably not as much anymore with the Power & Light District). The architecture was much better in KC than Denver and the BBQ was great (AB, Gates...yum), but I much prefer Denver and it isn't really close.

Old 04-10-2015, 02:25 PM

129 posts, read 227,029 times
Default Kansas City is about music

The legendary music history from your city is jaw-dropping especially in the Jazz/Blues genre from saxophonist Charlie Parker to guitarist Pat Metheny the list goes on..one of the last truly American art forms.

Old 04-10-2015, 02:42 PM

14,375 posts, read 18,374,578 times
Loved the train station and some of the architecture I saw on my very brief visit. And the people seemed really nice. I really wanted to explore the city a bit more.

However, the airport is a nightmare - there was no functioning toilet in the area where I was waiting for my flight that I could see, unless I wanted to go through security again. Since I hydrate myself before flights and that flight was unexpectedly late... it was a problem.

Old 04-10-2015, 02:45 PM

2,279 posts, read 3,078,730 times
I've only been to KC a few times, and I was actually more impressed with it than I thought I'd be. It was less dirty, more culturally interesting, and vibrant than I had envisioned it. Lots of parks and cool public art. Decent downtown. I do like the BBQ, too.

Denver doesn't have a real food identity, but the options are getting better. What sets Denver apart is the proximity to the natural beauty and scenery. The "outdoorsy" and more western vibe that you don't get in KC. Both good cities, though. Being an outdoorsy person, though, I much prefer Denver.

Old 04-10-2015, 02:48 PM

13,827 posts, read 29,939,634 times
KC keeps it more real, for better and worse.

The people I personally encountered were nice/helpful. Your C-D forum is where I go for laughs (the stupid KS vs MO stuff is both comedy gold and legend).

It's humid, it's cheap, and on the list of places to go when my personal SHTF.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver