Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-18-2015, 04:55 PM

1 posts, read 1,415 times

Advertisements

Hi everyone, first post here. I start my new job in Denver on May 11, not looking to buy a house by then, I have temporary housing for now. I am looking for a really good realtor that knows Highlands Ranch and Littleton like the back of their hand. I have talked to a few in the Denver area so far and I haven't been impressed at all. I am looking for someone that knows what is really good for a family (schools, parks, recreation centers) and someone that is on top of their game with the market. My wife and I have professional backgrounds and have a very good grasp on real estate and finance. If you know of anyone or are an amazing realtor please send me your information. Thanks everyone in advance.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-18-2015, 11:36 PM

5,529 posts, read 12,660,633 times
Our realtor went way far above and beyond the usual to get our house sold. She even did most of the work for the buyer's realtor! She lives in Highlands Ranch, so she really does know the area like the back of her hand.

I have sent you her contact information by Private Message.

Last edited by Mike from back east; 04-19-2015 at 08:07 AM..

Old 04-19-2015, 09:21 AM

3,158 posts, read 6,120,696 times
I went to high school with a realtor who grew up in the southern suburbs and now lives in Highlands Ranch. He is the guy I am going to when I need things done.

I sent you a DM with his info.

Old 08-05-2015, 10:06 AM

11 posts, read 18,059 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreaming of Hawaii View Post
Our realtor went way far above and beyond the usual to get our house sold. She even did most of the work for the buyer's realtor! She lives in Highlands Ranch, so she really does know the area like the back of her hand.

I have sent you her contact information by Private Message.
Hi, I was wondering if you might send me that Realtor's name as well, we are looking at relocating from Florida to Highlands Ranch, CO

Old 01-12-2016, 09:37 PM

21 posts, read 30,586 times
Jumping in here as we are also meeting with potential realtors. Can anyone weigh in as to what % commission is typical? Is it 5% or 6% and negotiable?

Old 01-12-2016, 10:04 PM

11,825 posts, read 34,420,440 times
Are you buying? Selling? or both? Commissions are negotiable for the Seller.

The Seller enters into an listing contract with a brokerage to market a home for sale. In that agreement is the fee arrangement. You choices are hourly, fee for service, flat fee and limited service, full service for less and full service, and vip premium service with a transaction fee on top. The whole fee includes the portion given to the broker representing the buyer at closing.

When buying, the fee is already agreed upon with the seller and the listing brokerage. The fee set aside for the buyers agent is called a coop fee and it is displayed to all other brokerages in our Multiple Listing Service (MLS) - the public side is REColorado.com

Some brokers will give you a credit for the second or more expensive deal. Interview several local brokers, and hire a partner to make this happen with you.

There is a real estate section on the forum and how to interview an agent is popular.

Old 01-12-2016, 10:38 PM

21 posts, read 30,586 times
Thank you. We are selling and buying. I will check out the real estate section for more info.

Old 01-27-2016, 12:52 PM

392 posts, read 1,556,462 times
Commissions are negotiable, and not the only factor. If one agent charges more and can sell your home faster and for more money, you'll often net more even though you pay a Realtor more.

Last edited by Mike from back east; 01-27-2016 at 06:00 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver