Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-20-2015, 04:01 PM

11,477 posts, read 11,557,632 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by WantoutofAlabama View Post

I've been looking a lot at Cherry Creek, Speer and Lodo they're at the top of my list, I really like Speer and Cherry Creek. This might be a silly question but what's the average utility cost?
That's going to vary widely based on the building. Once you identify a building and unit, you can call Xcel and get average bill amounts.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-20-2015, 04:21 PM

9 posts, read 10,403 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyDog77 View Post
That's going to vary widely based on the building. Once you identify a building and unit, you can call Xcel and get average bill amounts.
Thank You! With what I'm assuming pet fees, utilities, rent, food and gas I shouldn't spend my entire budget of $2100 a month. Do they not have apartments with hardwood floors or are they just hard to find? All the apartments I've seen have carpet throughout.

Quote:
Originally Posted by denverian View Post
You probably want a newer building for parking. And there are many to choose from.

For a dog, you would probably want to be near green space or a park. Or something in more of a neighborhood setting. I wouldn't want to have a dog in a high rise or extremely urban neighborhood.
Great, I've looked at some older buildings but there was always something missing so I'll probably be renting in a newer building, and a high rise is out of the question because of my dog. On the other hand are houses and townhomes more expensive to rent? I've been juggling with the idea of renting a house or townhome for some type of outdoor space for my dog.

Old 04-20-2015, 04:44 PM

Quote:
Thank You! With what I'm assuming pet fees, utilities, rent, food and gas I shouldn't spend my entire budget of $2100 a month. Do they not have apartments with hardwood floors or are they just hard to find? All the apartments I've seen have carpet throughout.

Great, I've looked at some older buildings but there was always something missing so I'll probably be renting in a newer building, and a high rise is out of the question because of my dog. On the other hand are houses and townhomes more expensive to rent? I've been juggling with the idea of renting a house or townhome for some type of outdoor space for my dog.

There are definitely places with hardwood. A house or townhouse in the city will start to stretch your budget, but it is still doable.

this is a new apartment building in what I consider a very good location.

http://www.imtresidential.com/imtalamedastation

Old 04-20-2015, 05:16 PM

Quote:
There are definitely places with hardwood. A house or townhouse in the city will start to stretch your budget, but it is still doable.

this is a new apartment building in what I consider a very good location.

Apartment For Rent in Denver, CO | IMT Alameda Station
Oh wow that's a beautiful place. That's going on my list I just hope they accept my dog since they have breed restrictions. Thanks!

Old 04-20-2015, 05:19 PM

Quote:
Oh wow that's a beautiful place. That's going on my list I just hope they accept my dog since they have breed restrictions. Thanks!

What kind of dog do you have?

Old 04-20-2015, 06:01 PM

Quote:
What kind of dog do you have?
An American Bulldog

Old 04-20-2015, 06:47 PM

17,711 posts, read 29,817,888 times
Quote:
An American Bulldog
You need to understand the dog breed rules.
There are many previous threads here about these.
If wrong breed, then Denver (and much of greater Denver) is not for you.

Old 04-20-2015, 07:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by davebarnes View Post
You need to understand the dog breed rules.
There are many previous threads here about these.
If wrong breed, then Denver (and much of greater Denver) is not for you.
He's not an American Pit Bull Terrier, an American Staffordshire Terrier, or a Staffordshire Bull Terrier. He's an American Bull dog, I have all of his papers that state as such. I'll call around to every apartment complex that I'm considering and check and license him right after I move. I didn't even know they had a ban on certain breeds thank you for telling me.

Old 04-20-2015, 07:52 PM

6,721 posts, read 6,481,316 times
Denver is very dog friendly so you will not have any trouble with your dog. If you want to live in city, check out Lodo, BallPark and RiNo areas. See post 13 here for an abundance of apartment options. >

//www.city-data.com/forum/denve...vs-lodo-2.html

Oh, I've said it before and I'll say it again, watch out for apartments that border the rail yards. Not only are the trains noisy, but they idle right next to the apartments spewing Diesel fumes into the adjacent area. As long as you're not facing the tracks, you should be fine.

Old 04-23-2015, 11:29 PM

557 posts, read 810,921 times
My wife and I moved from Mobile about two years ago now, and repeatedly talk about how it was the best decision we ever could have made.

$2100 is incredibly doable. You'll have pick of the litter in a lot of areas at that price point for a 1 bedroom. We actually started out in Cherry Creek as well at The Seasons of Cherry Creek. Dedicated parking garage there as well. Small dog park on site as well. And they were remodeling the units when we left. We ended up buying a condo in Capitol Hill after 7 months or so. No issues with the apt (enjoyed it in fact and was a good transition area for us) just wanted to build equity instead of renting. Suggestion: sign a short term lease if buying might even remotely be a possibility. Rents are going nowhere but up. And so are property values. Lot different than AL. The condo market here is not the condo market that you are familiar with along the coast. Plenty of mid rise condos near the downtown area. Availability might be another story though.

As far as area, depends what "scene" you're looking for. Ballpark is colleg-y, frat 2.0 kind of setting. Not knocking it, super cool area, just wasn't exactly what we were looking for. Def a hip, young, single area though. We love Capitol Hill, especially the southern portion a little further away from Colfax. Not as crazy, and a little quieter, but stil remarkably close to everything. Gets some national recognition every now and then too. Denver Health is a large hospital complex that would be less than mile from any point in CH. Parks aplenty in Denver. We have a small one two blocks from us, and a large one an easy 5-8 minute walk.

Utilities will be much lower. Our power bill in our apt was never higher than $50 and maybe another $20 for water. In the condo, around $30 with the building paying for heat and water. No more $200 air conditioning bills!

Denver is one of the most dog friendly cities I've ever visited. Part of a way of life here.

Last edited by JD401; 04-24-2015 at 12:08 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
View detailed profiles of: