Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-21-2015, 10:56 AM

13 posts, read 27,738 times

Advertisements

Hi all,

My husband and I are looking for a (Protestant) contemporary, authentic worship experience that meets weekly, either on a weeknight or on Sunday nights. I work most Sundays so we'd prefer a weeknight. We are in our late 20's and would love to meet other godly couples our age. We come from the Southeast where there are many evening services like this to choose from, but we're having trouble finding one in our area. Would prefer the South Denver area but any info is appreciated! Thanks!

Melissa
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-21-2015, 12:43 PM

473 posts, read 849,239 times
Not sure what other services they have besides Sunday morning, but this church has been in the community for years. Despite the guy on the website playing guitar the CRC is as traditional as the come.

And it's a beautiful church in a nice, somewhat mixed neighborhood.

Home - Third Christian Reformed Church of Denver

I'd advise going for a visit, but of course it's not really up to you.

Old 04-21-2015, 01:16 PM

14,164 posts, read 27,231,957 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kittycubby View Post
Hi all,

My husband and I are looking for a (Protestant) contemporary, authentic worship experience that meets weekly, either on a weeknight or on Sunday nights. I work most Sundays so we'd prefer a weeknight. We are in our late 20's and would love to meet other godly couples our age. We come from the Southeast where there are many evening services like this to choose from, but we're having trouble finding one in our area. Would prefer the South Denver area but any info is appreciated! Thanks!

Melissa
Referring to yourself as "godly" probably won't earn you many points in Denver. Sounds rather "holier than thou", IMO. As if the masses don't meet your standards and are beneath you. If you came from the Southeast, you may have to adjust to life outside the Bible Belt.

Old 04-21-2015, 01:38 PM

473 posts, read 849,239 times
I'm as liberal as they come and love all your posts, but I really see no harm in their question. Perhaps "like minded" would be a better better term than "godly".

Sounds like they just moved here and looking to meet people, and for someone who attends church it's a logical start. As I read it they're just looking to meet people for board games and coffee rather than smoking pot and swingers clubs.

Old 04-21-2015, 01:56 PM

Sorry, I didn't mean that I'm holier than anyone else. I should've said "God seeking" not "godly". It would make no sense for me to be condecending towards the very people I'm asking for help from.

Old 04-21-2015, 02:26 PM

14,164 posts, read 27,231,957 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamesdenver View Post
I'm as liberal as they come and love all your posts, but I really see no harm in their question. Perhaps "like minded" would be a better better term than "godly".

Sounds like they just moved here and looking to meet people, and for someone who attends church it's a logical start. As I read it they're just looking to meet people for board games and coffee rather than smoking pot and swingers clubs.
Well, I'm probably more sensitive to the "dog whistle" of the anti-gay evangelicals. Which is part of why I love living in the city of Denver, where I'm not subjected to that sort of thing. Most of the churches in central Denver are fairly progressive.

Old 04-21-2015, 02:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamesdenver View Post

Thank you, jamesdenver, that's exactly where I'm coming from.

Old 04-22-2015, 02:29 PM

25,826 posts, read 20,706,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kittycubby View Post
Hi all,

Melissa
I found a couple:

Wednesday night at 7pm - Calvary South Denver

Sunday night at 6pm - Denver First Church / Welcome To Dfc / Welcome To Dfc

I know nothing about either.

Old 04-22-2015, 02:38 PM

8,606 posts, read 14,894,836 times
How far south?

Edge Church has a Saturday Service at 6pm.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
View detailed profiles of: