Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-17-2008, 10:13 PM

1 posts, read 2,474 times

Advertisements

Myself and two friends are rmoving to the Denver area from Hawaii in a few weeks and I would love some opinions....

Curretly we are looking for a 3 bedroom apartment we'd like to start with a 6 month lease (to get a feel for the area as none of us are from there). We are looking at Estates at Mira Vista, Palamino Park Resot, and Fox Hallow (among others). Any suggestions upon choosing a place to live?

We are looking for a fun area, I don't want to drive to LODO everytime I want to go out... so suggestions on great bars would be nice too. We like pretty much anything... we tend to go to a country bar most times we are out but any suggestions would be welcomed.

I guess any information on the Denver area that might be of interest to 3 single girls in their mid twenty's would be awesome.

Mahalo!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-17-2008, 10:59 PM

5,089 posts, read 15,401,935 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by charmed_1919 View Post
Myself and two friends are rmoving to the Denver area from Hawaii in a few weeks and I would love some opinions....

Curretly we are looking for a 3 bedroom apartment we'd like to start with a 6 month lease (to get a feel for the area as none of us are from there). We are looking at Estates at Mira Vista, Palamino Park Resot, and Fox Hallow (among others). Any suggestions upon choosing a place to live?

We are looking for a fun area, I don't want to drive to LODO everytime I want to go out... so suggestions on great bars would be nice too. We like pretty much anything... we tend to go to a country bar most times we are out but any suggestions would be welcomed.

I guess any information on the Denver area that might be of interest to 3 single girls in their mid twenty's would be awesome.

Mahalo!!
All these apartments are in the wrong area if you are like the entertainment of LODO or want to live in a lively area with fun entertainment nearby.

Mira Vista near Lowry Development off Alameda. This is a nice residential area but not near downtown and not near entertainment. Palamino Park Resort is in Highland Ranch. This is way south of LODO in a residential bedroom area. Fox Hallow is in Lakewood off South Kipling near Hampden. This is in the Southwest Metro area, way south of Downtown, again residential, not near fun entertainment. These would be places were an old boring conservation guy like myself would live. Where did you get these referrels? from Senior Weekly.

All these are not cheap apartment complexes so I assume among the three of you ladies that you have money. So why do you not look for complexes right downtown in LODO. I would also suggest Cherry Creek Neighborhood of Denver.

I would also look at any Complexes near a fun area off the light rail, so you can stagger home without driving. I would look at the Belleview Station, Arapahoe which would put you near the excitement of the Denver Tech Center. You can also consider the County Line and the Lincoln Station near the new excitement of Lone Tree. These are all on the Southeast Line.

But if you really have the money and want to be in the center of the action then anywhere downtown near LODO would be great. You get get an apartment or rent a condo. A good site to see the new condos and apartments in this area would be DenverInfill.com: Downtown Denver and Its Urban Infill and Redevelopment Projects.

I am sure you will get other responses telling you about great complexes. I just too old to know them because the last time I had an apartment was before you were born.

Now, if you can cook, clean, sew and do laundry--you can stay at my place--three young woman, ah, no, I would have a heart attack. and I have learned without young woman I am bored but I
Livecontent

Old 01-17-2008, 11:28 PM

1,176 posts, read 4,482,801 times
Are the places listed even near Denver? Never heard of any of them.

Old 01-17-2008, 11:45 PM

1,048 posts, read 4,345,471 times
I have not heard of these places either so I cannot comment on them. Just to add to what has been said, you can consider also the areas of University of Denver or anywhere near light rail. This way you can still be a way and yet get on light rail to get to downtown pretty fast.

Do you have a job lined up or will you be looking for work? If you already have one then look to be closer to that as well. If you will be looking for work, then try not to get into a long term lease so that you can move when/if needed.

Please let me know if I can help with anything else.

livecontent,
You want to take all 3 by yourself? Not fair. :P What about me?

Old 01-18-2008, 09:08 AM

26,329 posts, read 93,755,036 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by charmed_1919 View Post
You can stay with me for FREE! You don't have to do any cleaning or cooking.

http://www.tinkworld.com/uploaded_images/DSC02057-779193.jpg (broken link)

Old 01-18-2008, 12:15 PM

163 posts, read 773,986 times
Yeah definitely look for a place downtown or Lodo. Other downtown neighborhoods that would work might be Golden Triangle, Uptown, Central Platte Valley, and Ballpark.

Look here for a better idea: Denver Colorado Neighborhoods

And I'd use craigslist for finding a rental.

or you could stay with that dude for free

Old 01-18-2008, 12:38 PM

53 posts, read 175,823 times
One of the first things I did when planning my move to good ol' Denver was to do a Google map search of the zip code that I wanted to live in and took notes on where the malls, theathers, "hot spots" were in the city.

I also googled crime in the local area where I would want to live, cost of living, distance to grocery stores, job, and recreational areas...mostly sport TKD schools and gym pools...

Since my career is in the healthcare field, I looked at places like Wash Park, Cherry Creek...even Cap Hill. Go on Denver's Craigslist and type in the type of place you would like to rent and then call or ask the person (or landlord) about the area and/or people in the particular area of intrest.

Everyone has different preferences about where and how they want to live. Do everything you can (short of actually flying there to check the place out) to immerse yourself in the area that you would like to live in. Ask yourself, "Could I really live here for 6 months; or more?"

By the way pictures are a great resouce to get somewhat of an illustration about the area and people. Since this would be a huge step not just for one person but for three; ask, ask, research, and then ask some more.

Then again, you can forego all of the above ranting and stay with Charles above. You wouldn't even have to clean or cook, wow! what a deal, LoL!!!

Good Luck!!

Old 01-18-2008, 12:44 PM

26,212 posts, read 49,038,592 times
Talking Charles is busy enough as it is...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julesx7d7 View Post
.....Then again, you can forego all of the above ranting and stay with Charles above. You wouldn't even have to clean or cook, wow! what a deal, LoL!!! Good Luck!!
I think Charles is trying to hog the good stuff...he already has Mrs Charles and 4 sweet young ladies to keep him happy. Any more and his home will smell like a beauty parlor...and he'd have to trade-in his pickup for a huge soccer mom mini-van.

Old 01-18-2008, 02:07 PM

129 posts, read 556,957 times
I found a website today called livedowntowndenver.com that had descriptions and pictures of a bunch of the neighborhoods in Denver proper. It was fairly helpful.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver