Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-30-2007, 02:00 PM

237 posts, read 1,079,330 times

Advertisements

[ MOD EDIT: Note that this thread is only for comments about the Denver - Downtown at Christmas - Photo Tour, which WAS a long download for anyone on a modem or even for some with higher speeds. So we've split the comments into a separate thread for easier loading/viewing. If anyone wants to add more pix, put them in a new thread and the moderator will merge new photo posts into the photo tour thread. Thank you. The Photo Tour thread is no longer available, as Averie-Jay moved or closed her Photobucket account, thus none of the links work any longer. The comments in THIS thread are worth saving.

Last night my Denverite friend & I walked around the 16th Street Mall district. The beautiful Christmas decorations blew me away! It was like walking in a dream - especially in the Lo-Do section.

Last edited by Mike from back east; 05-31-2009 at 11:00 AM.. Reason: Updated to note the loss of the photo links in the other thread.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-30-2007, 02:09 PM

26,143 posts, read 48,794,438 times
Hmmmm....pictures of the bridal gown shop....are we invited?

Old 11-30-2007, 02:14 PM

205 posts, read 987,568 times
I am SO jealous right now. I am tempted to take pics my miserable (HOT) little city just for the compare and contrast, LOL.

Where in FL did you move from Averie??

Old 11-30-2007, 02:14 PM

5,089 posts, read 15,360,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike from back east View Post
If I was thirty years younger, I would chase after this women.

Yea, when I was younger, I spend all my time looking for girls, now, I spend all my time looking for the bathroom., thanks to my prostrate.

Old 11-30-2007, 02:16 PM

Smile R.s.v.p.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike from back east View Post
I don't know, are you bringing gifts??

Actually, I just thought this boutique was lovely. So simple, but so elegant.

Old 11-30-2007, 02:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeedAChangeFromFL View Post
I am SO jealous right now. I am tempted to take pics my miserable (HOT) little city just for the compare and contrast, LOL.

Where in FL did you move from Averie??
Jacksonville area - Flagler County, but no one usually knows where that's located. What about you? I take it from your name that you're going to be moving soon? Coming this way?

Old 11-30-2007, 02:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by livecontent View Post
If I was thirty years younger, I would chase after this women.

Yea, when I was younger, I spend all my time looking for girls, now, I spend all my time looking for the bathroom., thanks to my prostrate.
Livecontent, I'm blushing!

Bathrooms can be nice places. Some have free mints.

Old 11-30-2007, 02:21 PM

205 posts, read 987,568 times
I know exactly where that is located (FL native). I am in Wesley Chapel, in Pasco County currently.
Did you drive out there?? How long did it take you if you did?

We are looking to move next summer...we are still deciding exactly where to move, but I am pretty sure it will be CO...either COS or maybe Aurora/Denver...not 100% yet. I am amazed how nearly perfect the area is for us...it meets almost every need/want we have. I wish we were there right now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Averie-Jay View Post
Jacksonville area - Flagler County, but no one usually knows where that's located. What about you? I take it from your name that you're going to be moving soon? Coming this way?

Old 11-30-2007, 02:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeedAChangeFromFL View Post
I know exactly where that is located (FL native). I am in Wesley Chapel, in Pasco County currently.
Did you drive out there?? How long did it take you if you did?

We are looking to move next summer...we are still deciding exactly where to move, but I am pretty sure it will be CO...either COS or maybe Aurora/Denver...not 100% yet. I am amazed how nearly perfect the area is for us...it meets almost every need/want we have. I wish we were there right now.
Yes, I drove here. It was approx 2,200 miles. Took me 2.5 days (I drove straight through from Clarksville, AR to Denver, CO in one shot, I was really really excited...) The entire state has far exceeded my expectations.

Whether you choose the Springs or Denver, you'll win either way. Both areas are booteeful. And I was in the same boat, everything I wanted out of life was here at my fingertips. The area just fits me like a glove!

Have you had a chance to visit out here yet? And next summer isn't far away at all, you'll be here before you know it!

Old 11-30-2007, 04:53 PM

249 posts, read 1,027,596 times
Gorgeous Averie-Jay, please keep them coming. Hopefully more people will get out (especially after a big snow) and add to your collection. I love it!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver