Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-04-2015, 03:40 PM

48 posts, read 74,430 times

Advertisements

Thank you guys for your feedback! Originally we are from South Germany, so the change to the mountains is what we love on our relocation. :-) We live in a really good area of Miami and we love the beach feeling here. Everyday is like a potential holiday but there are also many, many things we don't like. We are happy to have a change very soon. We also look forward to learn more about America which we miss here, the Latin American influence is nice but we miss the real Americans here. I know it's a big difference, Denver and Miami, but I think at the end of the day it's a really interesting and enriching step. I've heard about risen prices in Denver but I think if you are used to the very expensive costs of living in Miami, you are prepared for everything. From our perspective we think we can experience cost reductions in Colorado. That's also what we heard from other people. I pay here the same price for a 1 bedroom apartment (rental) then I have to pay in Castle Rock for a 3-4 bedroom house. Ok, the location is very good. But for us it's important to live in a safe area, especially in Miami, and especially with kids. What about crime in Denver? Do you feel very safe there?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-04-2015, 05:27 PM

12,262 posts, read 24,456,482 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyDog77 View Post
I can't tell you the last time I was on either of those roads. Our city is great, our suburbs are suburbs.
They all kind of blend together. When I was growing up I thought the growth would be more dense kind of like what you see in Chicago or NYC or Boston with row houses etc not like what we see in LA and that is what is has become in Colorado.

Old 06-04-2015, 08:39 PM

17,708 posts, read 29,808,528 times
"High" quality?
You betcha.

Old 06-05-2015, 01:15 AM

117 posts, read 138,518 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraBlum View Post
...From our perspective we think we can experience cost reductions in Colorado. That's also what we heard from other people. I pay here the same price for a 1 bedroom apartment (rental) then I have to pay in Castle Rock for a 3-4 bedroom house...
Castle Rock is not Denver. The housing costs between Miami and the actual city of Denver are comparable.

Old 06-05-2015, 07:48 AM

286 posts, read 351,525 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deezy303 View Post
Castle Rock is not Denver. The housing costs between Miami and the actual city of Denver are comparable.
Very true. Castle Rock can be an hour from certain parts of Denver city proper, and probably at least 30 minutes drive on the interstate from the very southern border of Denver at I-225/I-25 junction. Worse with traffic.

Old 06-08-2015, 08:59 PM

48 posts, read 74,430 times
Yes, you are right. Castle Rock is of course not in Denver. What are nice and pristine neighborhoods in Denver, optimal for families?

Old 06-08-2015, 09:50 PM

1,412 posts, read 1,082,930 times
Quote:
Thank you guys for your feedback! Originally we are from South Germany, so the change to the mountains is what we love on our relocation. :-) We live in a really good area of Miami and we love the beach feeling here. Everyday is like a potential holiday but there are also many, many things we don't like. We are happy to have a change very soon. We also look forward to learn more about America which we miss here, the Latin American influence is nice but we miss the real Americans here. I know it's a big difference, Denver and Miami, but I think at the end of the day it's a really interesting and enriching step. I've heard about risen prices in Denver but I think if you are used to the very expensive costs of living in Miami, you are prepared for everything. From our perspective we think we can experience cost reductions in Colorado. That's also what we heard from other people. I pay here the same price for a 1 bedroom apartment (rental) then I have to pay in Castle Rock for a 3-4 bedroom house. Ok, the location is very good. But for us it's important to live in a safe area, especially in Miami, and especially with kids. What about crime in Denver? Do you feel very safe there?
Denver is a very safe city and if you are looking at Castle Rock there will be basically no crime. Denver will be quite different from Miami culturally but I think you will like it, and there is plenty of hispanic influence in Denver if you find you miss it.

I'm going to disagree with the other posters and say go ahead and live in Castle Rock or Parker or Centennial. These are nice, safe, family focused areas within commuting distance of Denver proper.

Old 06-08-2015, 09:54 PM

17,708 posts, read 29,808,528 times
Quote:
Yes, you are right. Castle Rock is of course not in Denver. What are nice and pristine neighborhoods in Denver, optimal for families?
Hilltop.

Old 06-09-2015, 10:05 AM

17,077 posts, read 13,362,537 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Josseppie View Post
Denver is a nice city and while I like to visit the downtown area and see concerts, musicals and even the Broncos overall the metro area has to much sprawl for my taste so I could never live there. I mean just drive on E-470 or C-470 and its obvious what I mean.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Josseppie View Post
They all kind of blend together. When I was growing up I thought the growth would be more dense kind of like what you see in Chicago or NYC or Boston with row houses etc not like what we see in LA and that is what is has become in Colorado.
Oh, come on. I live in one of those suburbs, although not Highlands Ranch or Parker. I like it here. The people are nice, and the accessibility is wonderful. Seven minutes to work! Not every neighborhood on this end of town is a sea of beige houses, and even some of those can be pretty great. We get it; you love living in Pueblo. No need to disparage the communities other people call home.

Old 06-09-2015, 01:46 PM

12,566 posts, read 10,614,108 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by randomparent View Post
Oh, come on. I live in one of those suburbs, although not Highlands Ranch or Parker. I like it here. The people are nice, and the accessibility is wonderful. Seven minutes to work! Not every neighborhood on this end of town is a sea of beige houses, and even some of those can be pretty great. We get it; you love living in Pueblo. No need to disparage the communities other people call home.
I honestly like my cookie cutter house in HR. To each their own.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver