Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-13-2015, 07:27 AM

1 posts, read 1,167 times

Advertisements

I've been promoted to a position in Denver and will need to be there no later than Aug 3rd. I have never been to Denver nor will I be able to visit before moving so I am in desperate need of housing suggestions.
So here are the basic:
My fiancée and I are in our mid twenties.
We have a small dog and a 1 year old cat.
According to Google Maps I will actually be working in Lakeside, CO. So we don't actually have to live IN Denver.
We are looking for a 2 bedroom.
We would like to stay under $1350 a month, including pet fees. (Is this realistic?)
I've noticed that it is pretty uncommon to find places with washer/dryer connections. It's not a deal breaker but we're willing to pay more to avoid the hassle of a laundry facility.
We will both work long hours so safety is our biggest concern.
The only area I've been warned to avoid is Colfax.

Any suggestions?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-13-2015, 08:10 AM

11,477 posts, read 11,557,632 times
If I were working in Lakeside (I want to double check that you didn't mean Lakewood), I would want to live in the Berkeley neighborhood. Not sure about a 2BR at that price point.

Denver's rental market is currently among the tightest in the nation, so finding a place sight unseen is difficult, but not impossible.

Old 06-13-2015, 11:50 AM

3,158 posts, read 6,123,489 times
Lakeside is a tiny one square mile municipality near NW Denver. It has an amusement park, a Walmart and a few office buildings. It is also adjacent to I-70 so access is readily available.

The area east of Lakeside is pretty much gentrified and expensive.

The area north of Lakeside is largely industrial between Sheridan and Wadsworth.

The areas south, west, and northwest are gentrifying and should not be a problem.

Try: Wheat Ridge, Arvada, Edgewater, Applewood, Golden, and Lakewood.

What does your fiancee do? Where will s/he work?

Old 06-13-2015, 01:54 PM

17,711 posts, read 29,817,888 times
Please provide work addresses (or cross streets) for both of you.

Lakeside has 6 "houses" and all are owned by the owners of Lakeside.

This a view of the ENTIRE Town of Lakeside. DavidV wrote: 1 sq mile (or 640 acres). Nope. 192 acres or 1/3 of a sq mile.

Old 06-13-2015, 06:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by davebarnes View Post
Please provide work addresses (or cross streets) for both of you.

Lakeside has 6 "houses" and all are owned by the owners of Lakeside.

This a view of the ENTIRE Town of Lakeside. DavidV wrote: 1 sq mile (or 640 acres). Nope. 192 acres or 1/3 of a sq mile.
My fault.

The picture is not the entire town though.

Lakeside is bounded by Sheridan Blvd on the east, 44th Ave on the south, Harlan St on the west and 48th Ave (the one north of the interstate) on the north.

I took a quick look at the map and thought that it was a mile from Sheridan to Harlan making Lakeside its own section. It is only half a mile in each direction, so the town is actually a 1/4 section (or .25 sq. miles, or 160 acres). Technically, since the NE corner is slightly shaved off, it is a hair under .25 sq. miles.

The Walmart on 44th Ave and Chase Bank building on Harlan and the building adjacent to the north side of the lake are all businesses inside of Lakeside.

Old 06-13-2015, 08:03 PM

7,138 posts, read 11,029,019 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidv View Post
My fault.

The picture is not the entire town though.

Lakeside is bounded by Sheridan Blvd on the east, 44th Ave on the south, Harlan St on the west and 48th Ave (the one north of the interstate) on the north.

I took a quick look at the map and thought that it was a mile from Sheridan to Harlan making Lakeside its own section. It is only half a mile in each direction, so the town is actually a 1/4 section (or .25 sq. miles, or 160 acres). Technically, since the NE corner is slightly shaved off, it is a hair under .25 sq. miles.

The Walmart on 44th Ave and Chase Bank building on Harlan and the building adjacent to the north side of the lake are all businesses inside of Lakeside.
It's not the entire town, but it is almost all of it. About two or three of the houses are cut off on the left, and there are about a half dozen commercial buildings including that bank on the back side of the lake, off the picture to the right. I believe the buildings in the top-right of the picture is the old Lakeside Mall which has been replaced by Walmart.

Thats said I doubt the OP's job is in Lakeside, unless his job is working for Walmart, or the amusement park.

Last edited by KaaBoom; 06-13-2015 at 08:16 PM..

Old 06-13-2015, 10:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaaBoom View Post
It's not the entire town, but it is almost all of it. About two or three of the houses are cut off on the left, and there are about a half dozen commercial buildings including that bank on the back side of the lake, off the picture to the right. I believe the buildings in the top-right of the picture is the old Lakeside Mall which has been replaced by Walmart.

Thats said I doubt the OP's job is in Lakeside, unless his job is working for Walmart, or the amusement park.
I am guessing Chase Bank, Heritage College, or Nebraska Beef.

Walmart is a possibility too. There is also a Mexican restaurant, an event center, chiropractor, a Key Bank, a Les Schwab Tire Center and more.

BTW, Lakeside's northern border is the 48th Ave that is north of I-70 (there are two 48th Avenues on Google maps).

Old 06-15-2015, 11:04 AM

572 posts, read 552,266 times
If you are working in Lakeside, the Berkley neighborhood can't really be beat....

There is a small rental complex, privately owned (that is also for sale currently), right on 46th and Stuart -
just east of Tennyson

not sure what the asking for the 2BR on the property is...

good luck!

Old 06-15-2015, 11:55 AM

24,202 posts, read 19,206,363 times
I would assume the OP misspoke(typed) and meant Lakewood. Hopefully he will come back to clarify.

Old 06-15-2015, 11:59 AM

13,827 posts, read 29,936,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidv View Post
BTW, Lakeside's northern border is the 48th Ave that is north of I-70 (there are two 48th Avenues on Google maps).
Correct. I unfortunately know this as I ran the red light at 48th/Sheridan. Lakeside PD pulled me over at Lakeside.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver