Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-30-2015, 05:16 PM

2,289 posts, read 2,945,890 times

Advertisements

Belmar is centrally located and would allow the person in IT to work almost anywhere in the Denver area. Once the lease is up you could move closer to work.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-30-2015, 05:48 PM

170 posts, read 222,811 times
I second Belmar, great variety!

Old 07-01-2015, 07:11 AM

83 posts, read 207,122 times
Thank you, seems quite a few people recommend the area, will definitely check it out.

Old 07-01-2015, 08:19 AM

2,276 posts, read 3,077,907 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidv View Post
Avoid Arapahoe Road and Colorado Blvd. Traffic on those two streets is abysmal. Cars routinely get passed by little old ladies with walkers, small children crawling on the sidewalk, and people taking their pet turtles for a walk. If you get to a store to buy your milk, chances are it will be expired by the time you get home.

Also, IT jobs are generally concentrated in the Denver Tech Center, downtown, and in Broomfield.
Not true about Arapahoe Rd (at least coming from the west to DTC and back). I take that route every day to and from work and it's fine. Not sure about coming from east of I-25. Yes, Colorado Blvd is bad.

Like another said, I'd add Centennial/Greenwood Village to your list, as well as Lone Tree. Up north I'd throw in Westminster/Louisville. Lots of tech/IT companies up there, too. Maybe add Arvada, too? Everyone I know who lives/lived there loves it.

Old 07-01-2015, 06:24 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,747,599 times
This just came over my Facebook feed.
Moderator cut: link removed, linking to competitor sites is not allowed

I agree with most of it; there are are a few places on here I haven't been.

Last edited by Yac; 07-15-2015 at 07:16 AM..

Old 07-01-2015, 06:29 PM

13,827 posts, read 29,936,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by typ8lbb View Post
Noted. Might have been easier to ask which areas to avoid.
At your price point, nowhere in the metro area that happens to be a 2 bedroom apartment.

Old 07-01-2015, 07:25 PM

Thanks for the link!....one quick question, can anyone comment on Parker CO? My wife saw some listings that were also relatively affordable, just find it strange no one had mentioned it maybe there's something to it why its less pricey?

Old 07-01-2015, 08:02 PM

10 posts, read 13,727 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by typ8lbb View Post
Thanks for the link!....one quick question, can anyone comment on Parker CO? My wife saw some listings that were also relatively affordable, just find it strange no one had mentioned it maybe there's something to it why its less pricey?
With traffic, Parker is a pretty dreadful commute to downtown Denver. I've been there a few times and have friends that grew up there. Seems like a good place to raise a family, but you're farther away from downtown.

I'd agree with most of the folks here in that Belmar is probably your best bet, or the Tech Center. I live in Lakewood somewhat close to Belmar and I'm pretty close to everything. Takes me about 20ish minutes to get downtown with traffic.

Also, if you do find a job downtown and you end up living in the Tech Center, you will probably get to work faster taking the light rail due to traffic. So regardless of whether or not you have a vehicle, taking the train isn't a bad idea.

Old 07-02-2015, 06:30 AM

Thanks that makes sense then, I've been stuck in traffic in Denver a couple of times on my previous visits and although not as bad as south Florida still a pain. Will definitely focus on Belmar, seems very popular here..

Old 07-16-2015, 07:34 AM

Hi guys
It seems I have 2 job opportunities that might pan out so wanted to get some ideas as far as narrowing down locations.
I know these are in complete opposite sides so part of the reasoning I would use to choose between both opportunities (given salary is similar in both opportunities) would be commute to work and the areas themselves.

One opportunity is with my current company but would be in Commerce City, the other with a different company would be in Greenwood village.

Would still like to stay within the $1500-1800 max per month for 2 bedroom...

I am leaning a bit more towards the Greenwood village opportunity so considering traffic, would Belmar/lakewood, Greenwood Village itself, Centennial be feasible? I currently have a 40 minute commute (no/light traffic) would rather if possible stay under that

If the Greenwood Village position does not pan out and I chose Commerce city, I guess that changes things a bit. I understand is a more industrial area and would probably be looking at other areas for housing as the ones above seem a bit far of a commute.
Thanks!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver