Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-23-2015, 06:14 AM

11,477 posts, read 11,557,632 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil P View Post
All I can say is for the price of smaller pretty trashy houses on federal blvd or in the burbs of Denver, you can get very nice condos and homes in Cleveland. Cleveland houses got me sooooooo excited cause they were sexy yet well within a mid range income affordability. And Cleveland has better weather imo. Denver and Colorado weather is just awful for plants in general.

The starter house/condo range of under 100000 just doesn't seem available in Denver and I don't want to rent for years.
But then you live in Cleveland.

Couldn't resist.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-23-2015, 08:25 PM

137 posts, read 197,004 times
Cleveland's property values have been following their population decline. It's cheap for a reason.

Old 07-25-2015, 07:37 PM

23 posts, read 23,191 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldenZephyr View Post
The weather in Denver is WAY overrated. It is very very cold in the winter, it is very windy, and the air is uncomfortably dry.

funny thing is, prices in Denver are approaching Southern California prices without the weather or amenities.
^ this echo's my sentiments exactly. We have not bought in Denver and are debating moving back to California for reasons like this. In our opinion, the quality of life in say San Diego far outstrips Denver, and the housing costs are not insanely more expensive.

Old 07-26-2015, 01:29 AM

117 posts, read 138,543 times
-Anyone who moves to Denver thinking it wont be cold during winter is an idiot.

-Anyone who thinks Denver is very, very cold during winter has never been anywhere in their lives except for the deep south or California.

Marinate on that.

Old 07-26-2015, 09:08 AM

572 posts, read 552,266 times
I think New Orleans during a Mardi Gras cold snap sometimes feels colder than Denver during a normal snow...

Old 07-26-2015, 09:37 AM

24,202 posts, read 19,206,363 times
Median price of home hits $520K in San Diego

Median price of home hits $520K in San Diego | FOX5 San Diego

Median Price For Single Family Home In Denver On The Rise Again. The median price is $362,000 and homes are on the market an average of 25 days.

Median Price For Single Family Home In Denver On The Rise Again « CBS Denver

Housing prices are half again as much in San Diego. Quality of life is a personal opinion.

Old 07-26-2015, 09:54 AM

897 posts, read 1,252,988 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by emm74 View Post
Median price of home hits $520K in San Diego

Median price of home hits $520K in San Diego | FOX5 San Diego

Median Price For Single Family Home In Denver On The Rise Again. The median price is $362,000 and homes are on the market an average of 25 days.

Median Price For Single Family Home In Denver On The Rise Again « CBS Denver

Housing prices are half again as much in San Diego. Quality of life is a personal opinion.
Thanks for being the voice of reason. My knee jerk reaction was there's no way we are on SD level of we were I'd sell my house right now, because I would have made bank! So just above half the price of SD I can live with. Hopefully this kills off any future hyperbole on the forum

Old 07-26-2015, 12:32 PM

5,847 posts, read 6,185,322 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deezy303 View Post
-Anyone who moves to Denver thinking it wont be cold during winter is an idiot.

-Anyone who thinks Denver is very, very cold during winter has never been anywhere in their lives except for the deep south or California.

Marinate on that.
Agree with this. Denver always seems to have those 2-3 week intervals in the winter that are just arctic and awful, and then follows it up by a few weeks of sunny and mild.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eatsDEN View Post
I think New Orleans during a Mardi Gras cold snap sometimes feels colder than Denver during a normal snow...
LOL. I went to school in New Orleans and remember several cold, rainy, miserable Mardi Gras years. I lived in a place with no central air or heat, but windows units for AC and one heating output radiating up from the floor of the living room that I recall standing on top of to try and warm myself up. I used to sleep in the winter in multiple layers and freeze my a$$ off. Nobody ever believes me when I say the coldest house I ever lived in was in New Orleans.

Old 07-26-2015, 12:34 PM

17,711 posts, read 29,823,179 times
So-called expert opinion

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/07/26/up...-rational.html

Old 07-26-2015, 01:30 PM

2,401 posts, read 3,256,683 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by davebarnes View Post
I agree with the view, and have one thing to add: It is definitely possible to buy a house on mortgage and sell the house later, I.e, short the housing market directly. What makes this different from shorting a stock is actually the hefty transaction cost.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver