Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-05-2019, 07:03 PM

1,227 posts, read 1,280,794 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DougStark View Post
THANK YOU, DenverEN. Why can't other states copy the awesome traffic signs that CA puts up at intersections, completely leaving NO DOUBT that a U turn is allowed at a signal-controlled intersection? CO doesn't do it, and my AZ doesn't do it either, but they should.
California also spends redonkulous amounts of money on "FREEWAY ENTRANCE" signs that only an IQ70 would need, IMO. <shrugs>

This thread reminds me of two things:

1) I learned in Driver's Ed that one can never TAKE the right of way; one can only YIELD it.

2) For the love of God, it's the "right of way," not the "right away."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-07-2019, 12:01 AM

2,653 posts, read 3,045,998 times
[quote=DenverBrian;55110391]California also spends redonkulous amounts of money on "FREEWAY ENTRANCE" signs that only an IQ70 would need, IMO. <shrugs>

This thread reminds me of two things:

1) I learned in Driver's Ed that one can never TAKE the right of way; one can only YIELD it.

2) For the love of God, it's the "right of way," not the "right away."[/QUOTE

CA spends "ridiculous" amounts of money on fwy entrance signs? So I guess in Colorado you don't have "wrong way" drivers getting on the freeways? We've had a ton of these cases (crashes) here in Phoenix--many deaths. So I'd guess that's why CA does it.

Old 05-11-2019, 10:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DougStark View Post
CA spends "ridiculous" amounts of money on fwy entrance signs? So I guess in Colorado you don't have "wrong way" drivers getting on the freeways? We've had a ton of these cases (crashes) here in Phoenix--many deaths. So I'd guess that's why CA does it.
Those would be "WRONG WAY" signs, which are posted in CO and most other states. What CA goes over the top on are the "FREEWAY ENTRANCE" signs. Maybe we're just smart enough to know that those are freeway entrances. <shrugs>

Old 05-12-2019, 08:44 AM

2,653 posts, read 3,045,998 times
^^^, DenverBrian (aka mr smarty pants), out of curiousity I did a quick search for Denver-area wrong way driver accidnts/deaths. You guys have your share of these accidents/deaths too, believe me. The WRONG WAY signs are not enough (the accidents still keep happening), so now our Dept of Trans is installing electronic warning devices.

https://www.azdot.gov/projects/centr...ystem/overview

Old 05-15-2019, 03:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaaBoom View Post
Thats a Caltrans sign.

There is no Federal Highway Administration sign like that, though there should be.
NB: Those signs are also present at intersections in Las Vegas.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver