Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-10-2008, 03:33 PM

3 posts, read 36,974 times

Advertisements

I'm planning a wedding for Sept of this year and I'm in need of a good bakery to make my cake. My ideal cake would be a chocolate cake, strawberry filling and chocolate ganache finish. I dont want it to be a stacked cake. Instead I would want 2 or 3 normal round cakes. Does anyone know of a good bakery in the arvada area that isnt too pricey?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-10-2008, 03:57 PM

3,530 posts, read 9,719,487 times
Well, this isn't Arvada, but thought I'd try to help anyway. Our wedding cake was done by Child's Pastry. They are in Littleton or Yale/Monaco. They had free tastings, so we found the perfect one. I think they delivered it too. And one year later, they give you a free anniversary cake.

I was told that traditionally, couples have a multiple tiered cake. They save part of it and put it in the freezer for their one year anniversary.

But we opted for a small round cake that fed about 22 people, so we didn't have a little cake to save. It was really nice to have our anniversary cake made fresh.

Also, I know the Market downtown does really good cakes. My work orders them once a month, always different and omg they are delish.

Old 04-10-2008, 04:11 PM

2,886 posts, read 7,134,165 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by badams05 View Post
I'm planning a wedding for Sept of this year and I'm in need of a good bakery to make my cake. My ideal cake would be a chocolate cake, strawberry filling and chocolate ganache finish. I dont want it to be a stacked cake. Instead I would want 2 or 3 normal round cakes. Does anyone know of a good bakery in the arvada area that isnt too pricey?
Read the posts above yours (your post was merged into an earlier, existing thread); recommendations include at least one bakery in Arvada.

Old 04-10-2008, 06:38 PM

61 posts, read 234,259 times
Don't worry about saving the top layer of your cake. We didn't because we heard from others that it was nasty a year, even a month later.

Our wedding cake was white chocolate frosting on white cake with a raspberry sauce. DELICIOUS! *but unfortunately was made in Michigan*

Oh....and based on the earlier post, I found and tasted Katherine's. Great pasteries and deserts, sandwichs aren't all that...kinda dry.

Old 04-11-2008, 08:31 AM

24,873 posts, read 36,164,079 times
I googled and found practically nothing in the Highlands Ranch/Littleton/Centennial area. Anyone know of anything down this way?

Old 04-11-2008, 09:58 AM

3,530 posts, read 9,719,487 times
I don't. But like I said, I believe Child's delivered. And as I recall, it wasn't expensive (for delivery or the cake) at all.

rolo: That's funny, I didn't even think about that. I bet saving a cake for a year would be disgusting! I guess that's why I liked Child's. They baked a fresh one for our one year anniversary. When I was searching for Child's name, I saw other companies doing the same thing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver