Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-17-2015, 01:58 PM

12,566 posts, read 10,611,363 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike from back east View Post
Agree. Part of those tactics are "divide and conquer" method of pitting whites vs blacks/browns, men vs women, old vs young, straight vs GLBTs, rich vs poor, evangelicals vs atheists, and on it goes with no end in sight to divide and conquer games. Beck is a practitioner of the tactic, as are many others. In this article, Beck panders to the religious right by pointing out those cities he says are least religious. Hell, only 37% of people in Colorado Springs are regular church-goers, maybe he should've included us too.
Good use of that word. Hee.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-17-2015, 02:29 PM

14,164 posts, read 27,218,248 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike from back east View Post
Agree. Part of those tactics are "divide and conquer" method of pitting whites vs blacks/browns, men vs women, old vs young, straight vs GLBTs, rich vs poor, evangelicals vs atheists, and on it goes with no end in sight to divide and conquer games. Beck is a practitioner of the tactic, as are many others. In this article, Beck panders to the religious right by pointing out those cities he says are least religious. Hell, only 37% of people in Colorado Springs are regular church-goers, maybe he should've included us too.
lol! Probably so. Or the entire state... it's not a very religious state overall, and of course, legal weed.

The world is always about to end for these people!

Old 08-17-2015, 02:32 PM

1,875 posts, read 1,325,755 times
and where does HE live himself?

Old 08-17-2015, 02:37 PM

Location: We_tside PNW (Columbia Gorge) / CO / SA TX / Thailand
34,690 posts, read 58,004,579 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyDog77 View Post
I thought you WERE Glenn Beck!
sorry
Glenn Beck
Television personality

no TV's allowed in my house (for 30 yrs on the ranch in Colorado, or for the 30yrs elsewhere) Never heard of him. (till now).. must be another 'benefit' of Colorado getting into the political battleground state throws of the left'.

Watch out for angry teenage boys with guns! (a Colorado curse, and a well understood one)

Live in the Smog and People infested 'brown' Denver? Oh, my.. THAT would be worse than a life sentence! Canon City is much prettier, healthier and Many fewer stoplights.

Old 08-17-2015, 02:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eqttrdr View Post
and where does HE live himself?
I think someone said he lives in the Dallas area. You know, God's chosen state

Old 08-17-2015, 03:00 PM

8,603 posts, read 14,879,404 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by denverian View Post
I think someone said he lives in the Dallas area. You know, God's chosen state
Yup. He lives outside of Dallas. Loathes Austin so much because it leans left that he had the audacity to say the hills around DFW are just as good as The Hill Country (which if you've been to both locations is laughably absurd). Dallas is essentially an oversized Lincoln. I'd have said Omaha, but it's hillier.

Old 08-17-2015, 03:19 PM

12,566 posts, read 10,611,363 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StealthRabbit View Post
sorry
Glenn Beck
Television personality

no TV's allowed in my house (for 30 yrs on the ranch in Colorado, or for the 30yrs elsewhere) Never heard of him. (till now).. must be another 'benefit' of Colorado getting into the political battleground state throws of the left'.

Watch out for angry teenage boys with guns! (a Colorado curse, and a well understood one)

Live in the Smog and People infested 'brown' Denver? Oh, my.. THAT would be worse than a life sentence! Canon City is much prettier, healthier and Many fewer stoplights.
Good for you!

Old 08-17-2015, 03:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluescreen73 View Post
Yup. He lives outside of Dallas. Loathes Austin so much because it leans left that he had the audacity to say the hills around DFW are just as good as The Hill Country (which if you've been to both locations is laughably absurd). Dallas is essentially an oversized Lincoln. I'd have said Omaha, but it's hillier.
Hills in Dallas = overpasses lol! I always wonder if people like him actually believe what they preach, or if it's just part of their schtick to make money

Old 08-17-2015, 04:06 PM

11,477 posts, read 11,548,648 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StealthRabbit View Post
sorry
Glenn Beck
Television personality

It's even less clear to me now that you're not, in fact, Glenn Beck.

Old 08-18-2015, 10:27 AM

286 posts, read 351,354 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by denverian View Post
Hills in Dallas = overpasses lol! I always wonder if people like him actually believe what they preach, or if it's just part of their schtick to make money
to be fair, there are SOME elevation changes over on the east side of town by white rock lake. Definitely not hill country nice though.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver