Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-21-2015, 02:29 PM

531 posts, read 1,146,475 times

Advertisements

I need a bowl of popcorn for this. Damn.

Old 08-21-2015, 02:29 PM

930 posts, read 700,571 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deezy303 View Post
No you haven't. Nope. Everything you wrote says otherwise.

You speak like being a minority is a novelty. People don't actually live in the whatever towns. Those are tourist destinations. Where do you think these people go home to after 5:00pm? To their $2500 a month 1-bedroom apartment in the city center? Think again. I can go through your entire list and decimate it but why try.

You don't know a thing about what you're talking about. As a minority myself, you come across very offensive.
*Breathe*

I'm not talking about them living right downtown. They do however live in pockets throughout the city called neighborhoods.

And I personally find it offensive that you don't think that minorities can't afford $2500/mo apartments. Are you insinuating that they are all poor and stupid? I find that offensive as a white person. What else do you want to be offended about? Shall we take this over to Tumblr?

Old 08-21-2015, 02:34 PM

117 posts, read 138,574 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Analyst View Post
*Breathe*

I'm not talking about them living right downtown. They do however live in pockets throughout the cities called neighborhoods.

And I personally find it offensive that you don't think that minorities can't afford $2500/mo apartments. Are you insinuating that they are all poor and stupid? I find that offensive as a white person. What else do you want to be offended about?
Of course not. I'm a minority that does afford that and so do many others that I know personally within Denver. I mentioned a socioeconomic fact of the majority of US cities and you spout off about all these cities that are diverse when in fact they are not. You talk as if only in Denver are minorities pushed out into the 'burbs, which is far from true. Being segregated into neighborhoods is diversity to you?

Old 08-21-2015, 02:38 PM

Quote:
Of course not. I'm a minority that does afford that and so do many others that I know personally within Denver. I mentioned a socioeconomic fact of the majority of US cities and you spout off about all these cities that are diverse when in fact they are not. You talk as if only in Denver are minorities pushed out into the 'burbs, which is far from true. Being segregated into neighborhoods is diversity to you?
You clearly missed my point. You sound butt hurt, as if I'm taking a shot at minorities or something. I'm not. I'm saying that Denver currently lacks the diverse cultures/neighborhoods of other major cities. Denver proper is like a mecca of white people with some Hispanics thrown in there and like 2 or 3 black people (I'm being facetious, but you get the point). Other major cities are not like that at all (we're talking like top 15 size cities here). They have pockets of diverse cultures living within the city limits. Denver doesn't really have that in the city. It's more prominent in the burbs.

The point is, in case you still don't get it, is that Denver proper is very, very white and vanilla on the demographic and culture scale. It's a blossoming western cow town, so what do you expect?

At this point, you sound like you just want to argue and you're going to get offended at anything I say. So why do you take a step outside, get a breath of fresh air, and relax a bit before you come back.

Old 08-21-2015, 02:39 PM

117 posts, read 138,574 times
Quote:
..And I personally find it offensive that you don't think that minorities can't afford $2500/mo apartments. Are you insinuating that they are all poor and stupid?..
And seriously, don't take what I wrote out of context to fit whatever agenda that you wish to push. It's neither intelligent or witty.

Old 08-21-2015, 02:41 PM

14,164 posts, read 27,231,957 times
Quote:
You clearly missed my point. You sound butt hurt, as if I'm taking a shot at minorities or something. I'm not. I'm saying that Denver currently lacks the diverse cultures/neighborhoods of other major cities. Denver proper is like a mecca of white people with some Hispanics thrown in there and like 2 or 3 black people (I'm being facetious, but you get the point). The point is, in case you still don't get it, is that Denver proper is very, very white and vanilla on the demographic and culture scale. It's a blossoming western cow town, so what do you expect?
My entire perspective is so different, living in Stapleton. Stapleton itself is probably 80% white, but surrounding areas? Quite diverse. The area around Colfax and Yosemite is like taking a little trip around the third world! (this area seems to be where immigrants from Africa/Asia/ME all seem to land)

Old 08-21-2015, 02:41 PM

Quote:
And seriously, don't take what I wrote out of context to fit whatever agenda that you wish to push. It's neither intelligent or witty.
Stick a fork in it.

Old 08-21-2015, 02:43 PM

26,218 posts, read 49,052,722 times
Quote:
Stick a fork in it.
Yes, stick a fork in it, this thread is over.
- Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.
- Thank you and enjoy City-Data.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver