Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-15-2015, 10:00 PM

2,169 posts, read 5,169,500 times

Advertisements

It's very dry, which isn't everyone's cup of tea, and it's not a big-city metropolis, but El Paso is relatively safe from a lot of the worst that mother nature has to offer. It's sunny/warm-to-hot much of the time and isn't as prone to tornadoes as other Texas metros, is far enough away from an ocean to not to have to worry about hurricanes, and is not as seismically active and many other cities. It's on this list of 10 safest cities in terms of natural disasters:

The 10 Cities Most Safe From Natural Disasters - US News

Of the 10 cities on the list, six gets lots of snow and three (all in Arizona) are oven-hot in the summer. In terms of weather, El Paso is probably the best. I would say Colorado Springs is probably next.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-15-2015, 10:20 PM

12 posts, read 17,213 times
wow you've been the nicest person to answer my question thank you very much I'm not looking for perfect weather i don't think anyone understood what i was saying i don't like heat which is why i was looking in maine i like having 4 seasons and i just didn't want to live where i only have severe weather lol i never knew people could be so mean i always heard people in denver were really friendly but now i know better. but it's okay it's probably just there way i did however finally get some really great responses from maine so i think I'll look at some houses on a acre or two up there thank you for your kindness and answers i appreciate it alot😆

Old 09-15-2015, 10:26 PM

2,653 posts, read 3,043,759 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueDat View Post
It's very dry, which isn't everyone's cup of tea, and it's not a big-city metropolis, but El Paso is relatively safe from a lot of the worst that mother nature has to offer. It's sunny/warm-to-hot much of the time and isn't as prone to tornadoes as other Texas metros, is far enough away from an ocean to not to have to worry about hurricanes, and is not as seismically active and many other cities. It's on this list of 10 safest cities in terms of natural disasters:

The 10 Cities Most Safe From Natural Disasters - US News

Of the 10 cities on the list, six gets lots of snow and three (all in Arizona) are oven-hot in the summer. In terms of weather, El Paso is probably the best. I would say Colorado Springs is probably next.
Shouldn't you have mentioned the threat of the hispanic gangs? I doubt that she'd go for that.

Old 09-15-2015, 10:31 PM

2,653 posts, read 3,043,759 times
San Diego is a ridiculous recommendation. I doubt that she has 800,000 to put down on a house. And, many school districts in San Diego SUCK and have gang problems.

I'd recommend one of the better suburbs of Atlanta, Charlotte, Raleigh, or Dallas.

Old 09-15-2015, 11:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DougStark View Post
San Diego is a ridiculous recommendation. I doubt that she has 800,000 to put down on a house. And, many school districts in San Diego SUCK and have gang problems.

I'd recommend one of the better suburbs of Atlanta, Charlotte, Raleigh, or Dallas.
lol thank you DougStark i don't want to live by gangs and yes i can afford san diego. money is not a problem those places you named are nice but it gets just too hot there but maybe you can help me as to what I'm lookin for which is a place that the weather isn't dangerous all the time. every state has severe weather, oklahoma just gets it more than most or it seems that way to me. i was told denver weather was bad but i thought i would ask the locals i don't know why people think hot weather is good but not to me i like cold weather which is why i started my search in maine do you know of a state that has all four seasons and doesn't have severe weather all the time? i will keep looking for a place in maine but if you know of somewhere not too far away from oklahoma where my family is please let me know thank you

Old 09-16-2015, 05:10 AM

1,412 posts, read 1,081,769 times

Well That about sums it up. Looks like you are moving to Wyoming

Old 09-16-2015, 07:23 AM

3,158 posts, read 6,120,696 times
You might try Lincoln, NE.

It is definitely more humid, but it is a great college town with a decent amount of things to do. There is also a decent amount of diversity. If you like a bigger city, then maybe Omaha, but it is a little rougher.

Madison, WI, is a great city. It is colder in the winter, but also colder in the summer.

Boise, ID, has weather very similar to Denver's, and Spokane, WA, is cooler in the summer.

Old 09-16-2015, 07:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidv View Post
You might try Lincoln, NE.

It is definitely more humid, but it is a great college town with a decent amount of things to do. There is also a decent amount of diversity. If you like a bigger city, then maybe Omaha, but it is a little rougher.

Madison, WI, is a great city. It is colder in the winter, but also colder in the summer.

Boise, ID, has weather very similar to Denver's, and Spokane, WA, is cooler in the summer.
wow thanks i will i hope everyone gets to meet someone like you!!!! 😆 and thank you again

Old 09-16-2015, 07:36 AM

384 posts, read 383,138 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by history nerd View Post
well that about sums it up. Looks like you are moving to wyoming
lol!

Old 09-16-2015, 08:10 AM

3,490 posts, read 6,096,821 times
History nerd, the reason those events don't happen in Wyoming is because the grand total of personal property in the state is barely a billion dollars. Yes, I'm engaging in hyperbole as well, but a significant factor will be the lack of valuable property.

Leaven,

Based on your stated criteria (like wanting temperatures below 70) you may find Spokane, WA to be ideal. The winters are a bit too cool for me, but if cooler summers are your weather priority, then Spokane rocks.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver