Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-07-2015, 01:09 PM

11,477 posts, read 11,552,056 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cfella View Post
Hi. I will soon be moving to denver from nyc and I am wondering if denver is as lenient with homeless on the train as nyc. Do they let them sleep on the train?
You're in for a pleasant change with regards to train cleanliness.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-07-2015, 02:04 PM

14,164 posts, read 27,220,012 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyDog77 View Post
You're in for a pleasant change with regards to train cleanliness.
Yes, they've always been clean when I've ridden. And I would imagine that if you're commuting to the DTC or Lone Tree for work, you'll be surrounded mostly by office worker people. When they open the Aurora line, I'll be able to take the train to work on days I don't drop my kids off, so I'll see.

Old 10-07-2015, 02:48 PM

531 posts, read 1,145,926 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddyline View Post
Curious how you can tell someone you see on the train is homeless?
Do you follow them when they get off?
Fair point, I guess I don't know for sure. I equate homelessness to someone who smells, is visibly dirty and has numerous packs of stuff on the benches around them. I guess there's a possibility they're not homeless.

Old 10-08-2015, 01:59 AM

117 posts, read 138,505 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddyline View Post
Curious how you can tell someone you see on the train is homeless?
Do you follow them when they get off?
Granted, homeless people come from all walks of life. But let's be real, you know exactly what a typical homeless person looks/smells like. You're lying to yourself if you say otherwise

Quote:
Originally Posted by TechMike View Post
Fair point, I guess I don't know for sure. I equate homelessness to someone who smells, is visibly dirty and has numerous packs of stuff on the benches around them. I guess there's a possibility they're not homeless.
In Denver... it's safe to say that they're more than likely homeless.

Old 10-08-2015, 08:14 PM

60 posts, read 137,214 times
OK thanks for the input guys. Sounds alot better then NYC

Old 10-09-2015, 08:54 PM

1,091 posts, read 1,075,757 times
Oddly enough I was riding the Mineral line the other night and some drunk/homeless guy was sleeping on the train and the fare inspector made him get off the train so they could chat. After asking the homeless guy for ID, the drunk dude retorted "Can ahh see YOUR AH.D.?!?" Then he laughed loudly and the fare inspector was a good sport and showed him his ID. I do feel bad for people that are down on their luck like that, but they need to sober up and pull their lives together.

Old 10-13-2015, 11:27 AM

60 posts, read 137,214 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Denver303TJC View Post
Oddly enough I was riding the Mineral line the other night .
what is the mineral line?

Old 10-13-2015, 12:32 PM

117 posts, read 138,505 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cfella View Post
what is the mineral line?
Mineral is a light rail station in Littleton serviced by the C and D lines. It was probably in reference to one of those two.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver