Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-23-2016, 06:45 PM

191 posts, read 229,358 times

Advertisements

I find the "there's tons of women" comments amusing, since they don't mention quality of said women or whether the women are available or not (taken).

Using an overly simplistic example, if a city has 1000 men and 1000 women, but 1000/1000 of the women are either taken or otherwise unsuitable (overweight, druggies, bad apples, etc) then that's technically the SAME as a "sausage fest".

"I see lots of women walking around in so and so neighborhood" or "i see lots of women walking around in city X" means nothing, as it could mean anything. For example, could the reason they are "out walking around" and have so much free-time on their hands be that they are already TAKEN or married etc? Exactly.

Number of AVAILABLE/single women is the key determining factor in whether or not an area or city is a sausage-fest.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-24-2016, 01:54 PM

511 posts, read 400,563 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert5 View Post
If you are unable to discern the truth from the 12 pages of existing comments, nothing anyone can add will help you
Can you?

Old 06-27-2016, 10:30 AM

6,126 posts, read 10,078,578 times
I wouldn't recommend moving anywhere thinking it will lead to a relationship. I lived in Denver 2.5 years and I didn't have any meaningful relationships during that time. I dated a lot, but no luck. From a female perspective, Denver is full of what I call bros, hah! Guys who move there to enjoy the outdoors, drink craft beer, and hang out with their buddies. They like to go on dates, but they're not interested in long term girlfriends. My lack of dating success wasn't the main factor why I left though. The cost of living is getting out of control. With all the people moving there it's expensive, crowded, and the traffic sucked. Not enough room for everyone.

I will say overall though I found people in general to be open and friendly. I had no trouble making a lot of quality friends while I was there. And I did meet nice guys there - just not guys looking for the relationship I was. But a lot of dating is luck and timing, there's no guarantee anywhere that you go.

Old 06-27-2016, 02:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by strawberrykiki View Post
I wouldn't recommend moving anywhere thinking it will lead to a relationship. I lived in Denver 2.5 years and I didn't have any meaningful relationships during that time. I dated a lot, but no luck. From a female perspective, Denver is full of what I call bros, hah! Guys who move there to enjoy the outdoors, drink craft beer, and hang out with their buddies. They like to go on dates, but they're not interested in long term girlfriends. My lack of dating success wasn't the main factor why I left though. The cost of living is getting out of control. With all the people moving there it's expensive, crowded, and the traffic sucked. Not enough room for everyone.

I will say overall though I found people in general to be open and friendly. I had no trouble making a lot of quality friends while I was there. And I did meet nice guys there - just not guys looking for the relationship I was. But a lot of dating is luck and timing, there's no guarantee anywhere that you go.
To be honest, I'm not looking to move to a city primarily for relationship prospects, but rather a city with a scene that will be a better fit for a musician/creative/weirdo like myself, which should lead to better prospects in the relationship department based on commonalities to begin with. Ultimately, a job will lead the way to wherever I go, so the plan has been to make a "hit" list to fire off resumes at. Really, I'm on the fence on weather Denver is even in the rotation or not. All the other prospects like Austin, Tampa Bay, etc. were easier to get clarity on. It's like Denverites got know idea on what's going on in Denver. "It might have a good scene, then again it might not have a good scene."

P.S. Have you tried dating someone other than bros into the outdoors and drinking craft beer with their buddies? I seem to remember a halfway decent diversity of types (well, types that happen to be white... LOL!) while I was there. Went to a couple of underground clubs that were anything but ski/brew-bros.

Old 06-27-2016, 03:15 PM

760 posts, read 876,760 times
Denver might not be an amazing dating city, but it's no where close to being an awful one.

It's very easy to make friends here, which means that you will have a very good chance of those friendships turning into something more. I know people like to pull up stats on "good dating cities", but stats can be misleading, and I wouldn't say having a large amount of online dating profiles is a good thing for a city. Denver seems to have a small amount of active online dating profiles...which some people perceive as bad, but it's actually a good thing. That implies that people here are happy making friends, doing things alone, or getting dates while out and about. Seattle was known as having a large amount of online dating profiles...but that just means that everyone there is anti social, awkward, un datable, or desperately alone.

I have only lived in a handful of cities, but Denver is the only place where I have been happy living/being alone. There is so much to do here, and there are so many openly social people that I have never felt alone...ESPECIALLY compared to my experience while living in Minneapolis. I had more friends and dating prospects in Minneapolis than I knew what to do with, and I had something going on every night, however it was probably one of the loneliest places I have ever been.

Although I'm in a relationship currently (long distance until the SO gets here or until I get a transfer back to Milwaukee), I do a lot of things by myself, and every time I go out I seem to make a new friend.

Old 06-27-2016, 04:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MN_Ski View Post
It's very easy to make friends here, which means that you will have a very good chance of those friendships turning into something more.
Yeah, my brother and his wife found it pretty easy to meet people when they moved there... granted they met mostly couples who were fellow snowboarding enthusiasts.

Old 06-28-2016, 12:18 PM

3,959 posts, read 4,345,767 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Polymath View Post
To be honest, I'm not looking to move to a city primarily for relationship prospects, but rather a city with a scene that will be a better fit for a musician/creative/weirdo like myself, which should lead to better prospects in the relationship department based on commonalities to begin with.
Based on this, I'd say Denver may not fit the mold for you. Yes, Denver, and Colorado are progressive enough to have voted for legal weed, we have a plethora of craft breweries and distilleries, outdoor recreation by the bucket full, jobs that attract a lot of people, and by simple virtue of the gross population numbers, some amount of musician/creative,weirdo types. However, because of these same factors, we lack a significant percentage of musicion/creative/weirdos types that may best align with the numbers of people that you like/prefer/choose to be around that would be consistent with an active scene of your tastes.

Old 06-28-2016, 12:45 PM

12,566 posts, read 10,562,379 times
I am so glad I am not single. It is a tough world out there.

Old 06-28-2016, 01:22 PM
SQL

1,337 posts, read 1,187,124 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TCHP View Post
Based on this, I'd say Denver may not fit the mold for you. Yes, Denver, and Colorado are progressive enough to have voted for legal weed, we have a plethora of craft breweries and distilleries, outdoor recreation by the bucket full, jobs that attract a lot of people, and by simple virtue of the gross population numbers, some amount of musician/creative,weirdo types. However, because of these same factors, we lack a significant percentage of musicion/creative/weirdos types that may best align with the numbers of people that you like/prefer/choose to be around that would be consistent with an active scene of your tastes.
I know a bunch of creatives that work in advertising at various firms around Denver. It's not NYC or LA, but there are a fair amount of them here, I'd say. Also, there is an entire dedicated art district in the city. I would argue that Denver has a significant creative scene, albeit not one of the best.

Old 06-28-2016, 03:04 PM

3,959 posts, read 4,345,767 times
That's my point, there is a population of those here, but this locale is not the best for them, so it is unlikely to best serve the request of Mr Polymath.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver