Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-12-2008, 08:08 PM

161 posts, read 730,932 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cameron_miller94 View Post
Denver or "MENVER" as I like to call it does have quite a few dudes in it! I lived down town last year & you'd see some hottie in a dive bar & 5 or 6 guys around here just chatting away. I was out in Scottsdale last weekend & all these girls were like "YOU'RE FROM DENVER??? I LOVE DENVER!!! SO MANY GUYS!!!" That's like me saying - oh you're from Scottsdale!!! So many hot chicks in Scottsdale!!!". For some reason the younger girls in lodo do have something on their shoulder. Not sure why they think they're such hot **** but ladies tone it down!!! This isn't LA - it's DENVER! Sheesh!! ") Must be from boulder. ")

Haha!
i remember local paper westword calling denver MENVER lol. it may be true, most men move here for outdoors, while ladies move here already attached. thus, there is imbalance in male/female ratio. its still good city for most part. its not LA or NYC for single female availability. as for ladie in LODO lol, most are college age ladies, and they will behave like one lol. denver has its advantages low property taxes, good wages, nice people, and easy commute.

Last edited by Mike from back east; 09-24-2009 at 09:15 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-12-2008, 10:23 PM

16 posts, read 92,287 times
I'm a 30 yr old single gal who lived in denver for about 5 years...such a great, "liveable" town, and the proximity to the mountains was wonderful. I did find it incredibly difficult to meet people; in my experience, folks weren't terribly warm or outgoing- but that could just have been a one-off experience.

As to the OP's question, I will admit that when my guy friends came in to visit from out of state, there was a lot of whining about how there were no "hot girls" in Denver....I can't say one way or the other. I WOULD say girls in Denver seem more laid back than most towns I've lived in, which I would imagine is a good quality.

I now live in Austin, and my guy friends are always *thrilled* to visit b/c, in their opinions, there are beautiful women everywhere. BUT-despite being an outdoorsy town, I'm not sure they'd be great skiing companions. Point is, maybe it's a trade-off. I wouldn't head to DEN expecting to find the next Miss America, but there are some really cool girls there if you're willing to get involved in local organizations & clubs and meet them.

Old 04-13-2008, 08:07 AM

31 posts, read 144,755 times
While there may not be as many hot girls in Denver as Scottsdale, it should be noted that Hilary Cruz won Ms Teen USA as Ms Colorado in 2007.

Old 05-18-2008, 07:02 PM

38 posts, read 122,207 times
Default Austin vs. Denver

Quote:
Originally Posted by ehill03 View Post
I'm a 30 yr old single gal who lived in denver for about 5 years...such a great, "liveable" town, and the proximity to the mountains was wonderful. I did find it incredibly difficult to meet people; in my experience, folks weren't terribly warm or outgoing- but that could just have been a one-off experience.

As to the OP's question, I will admit that when my guy friends came in to visit from out of state, there was a lot of whining about how there were no "hot girls" in Denver....I can't say one way or the other. I WOULD say girls in Denver seem more laid back than most towns I've lived in, which I would imagine is a good quality.

I now live in Austin, and my guy friends are always *thrilled* to visit b/c, in their opinions, there are beautiful women everywhere. BUT-despite being an outdoorsy town, I'm not sure they'd be great skiing companions. Point is, maybe it's a trade-off. I wouldn't head to DEN expecting to find the next Miss America, but there are some really cool girls there if you're willing to get involved in local organizations & clubs and meet them.
Hi, I currently live in upstate NY and am looking to relocate ASAP... Denver/Boulder and Austin are both on my list. I'm 28 SWF and looking for a place to live where I can meet people (including eligable bachelors) my age (or a tad older) and enjoy doing things outside and not in a bar somewhere.... just wanted your opinion on Austin vs. Denver being you've lived in both. I'm a little weary about the young college age group in Austin... I'm over the whole college bar scene. Thoughts?

Thanks!

Old 05-18-2008, 09:51 PM

41 posts, read 219,530 times
I don't know who said the women of Denver were ugly but I looked at some pics and the women are beautiful in my opinion. Am I missing something? Could it have been just those pics I saw. Here is the link I was looking at:

Pleazure Entertainment: Nightclubs | Concert Events | Production | Night Club Marketing | Ladies Nights

The women are attractive compared to some I've seen. Not everyone looks like Miss America geez!

Old 05-18-2008, 10:04 PM

2,016 posts, read 5,581,185 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rubywaterfall View Post
Wow, it is nice to hear guys say they don't like the "sorority type girl". I am a 26-year old female who will probably be moving to Denver this summer. I am more of the sensible type who isn't so superficial and likes outdoor stuff. From reading the online forums I have noticed many other single women like me moving to Denver for similar reasons...i.e. better place for singles, access to recreation, etc. Looks like there are slightly more men than women though..
From the 2000 census (for Denver proper):

61000 men, aged 25-35
52000 women, aged 25-35
I share the love for women who can get dressed up to kill but can also throw a football around, I don't think they are rare here alone but rare near and far. As you know Denver/Boulder has a trend of relocating, for job opportunities, weather, geography and many other reasons, men are slightly more mobile than women, not to be biased but just the fact. I would like to say it's REALLY easy to meet people here, but the question you need to ask yourself if what kinda person do you want to meet. I personally don't think you'd meet "the one" at a bar either, but it's a great place for a party and to meet new friends.

Old 05-18-2008, 10:10 PM

2,016 posts, read 5,581,185 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cameron_miller94 View Post
Denver or "MENVER" as I like to call it does have quite a few dudes in it! I lived down town last year & you'd see some hottie in a dive bar & 5 or 6 guys around here just chatting away. I was out in Scottsdale last weekend & all these girls were like "YOU'RE FROM DENVER??? I LOVE DENVER!!! SO MANY GUYS!!!" That's like me saying - oh you're from Scottsdale!!! So many hot chicks in Scottsdale!!!". For some reason the younger girls in lodo do have something on their shoulder. Not sure why they think they're such hot **** but ladies tone it down!!! This isn't LA - it's DENVER! Sheesh!! ") Must be from boulder. ")

Haha!
I remember going to the downtown once on a busy friday night as well! Went into this bar where there was probably 50 guys and 5 girls, but the thing was they weren't interacting! I was like WTH??? All 5 girls were hot too. I went over started chatting with all the girls and got 2 numbers. It's really not that hard. Most of kids nowadays are just awkward and shy.

Last edited by Mike from back east; 09-24-2009 at 09:16 PM..

Old 07-16-2008, 09:19 PM

3 posts, read 28,191 times
Default Newcomers club -sign me up!

Hi - I'm a single 33 year old woman working on moving to Denver in October thanks to an opportunity that just presented itself where I can swap my condo in Miami with someone who has a condo in Denver for a six month trial period. I've been looking at Denver and Dallas for about a year now as I've been wanting to get out of Miami. Now it looks like Denver is meant to be. I have never been there and I don't know a soul there so meeting any of you fellow newcomers would be great.

Old 07-16-2008, 11:07 PM

84 posts, read 223,770 times
I'm excited for "Menver"....2 more weeks!

Old 07-22-2008, 08:32 PM

792 posts, read 3,136,508 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BHallDDS View Post
I'm a dentist and I love the outdoors (skiing, mountain biking, fishing, etc.). I was wondering how the single life is in Denver compared to Chicago.
Can't rate it relative to Chicago, never been to IL.

Quote:
In Chicago, being single is fantastic...LOTS of beautiful women, great restaurants, unlimited amount of bars and clubs to go to. However, there is a little bit of a snobbish attitude to many of the girls here. Like they somehow deserve something b/c they are attractive. Plus, a lot of them here aren't very active or like outdoorsy stuff.
Sounds very much like NYC and NJ.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tfox View Post
There's been a lot of posts here about how Colorado's recreational lifestyle tends to attract more single men than women. This difference is particularly dramatic in the mountains, but also to a small extent in Denver itself.
Part of this may be due to the major industry in the state: energy (drilling/mining), aerospace, IT/Tech, ranching, construction, etc.

Quote:
It's not something you'd notice right away, but eventually you may pick up on the fact that there are slightly more men than women around.
This is certainly true of the bar scene but in many geo-localities.

Quote:
The big east coast cities, apparently, have slightly fewer young single males than females.
Again if the basis is the "bar scene" alone one would assume the opposite. I've seen more (attractive) women at CR games versus NYY/NYM games.

Quote:
In contrast to what you're present experience is, I think you'll find the majority of singles here pretty athletic and outdoorsy, though it's not 100% by any means.
IMO the "outdoors environment" in Denver itself is more co-ed than Boulder and NYC/NJ. Certainly more relaxed, social-able, and "mingle-able" in Denver.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shuffler View Post
Come here if you don't care about women and just want to enjoy everything CO has to offer. In my experience the best things happen when you're not really 'working the scene', anyway.
That is a great point or smart approach.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ehill03 View Post
Point is, maybe it's a trade-off. I wouldn't head to DEN expecting to find the next Miss America, but there are some really cool girls there if you're willing to get involved in local organizations & clubs and meet them.
Very true.

Last edited by Spincycle; 07-22-2008 at 09:03 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver