Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-02-2015, 03:12 PM

4,030 posts, read 2,714,316 times

Advertisements

I'm going to be moving into this area soon, and in looking at some of the stretches along Jordan Road, are there plans to develop that area even further than what it is? In a quick drive-by, it appeared that there were some new apartments/condos (couldn't tell which from the distance I was at) possibly being built?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-02-2015, 10:14 PM

2,453 posts, read 3,605,552 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indigo Cardinal View Post
I'm going to be moving into this area soon, and in looking at some of the stretches along Jordan Road, are there plans to develop that area even further than what it is? In a quick drive-by, it appeared that there were some new apartments/condos (couldn't tell which from the distance I was at) possibly being built?
Probably. I haven't been out there recently but worked in the area for a number of years. It made a huge leap from mostly bare fields to businesses, the Sheriff's building, apartment and housing complexes, and more over a fairly short time period. It's also close to one of the busiest regional airports in the country. There's still a lot of vacant land out there and I imagine growth will continue.

Old 11-03-2015, 06:30 PM

5,610 posts, read 23,306,923 times
When I was house hunting last year I looked at some new construction homes being built near Potomac/Chambers & E-470, right across from Rocky Vista University, just south of the Douglas County line. The neighborhood looked nice, visually, but the airplane noise from Centennial Airport was loud and nonstop all day long (and I imagine into the night as well). The area is directly in the landing path of the airport. I could not put up with that so I moved on. There's a reason why such land in otherwise a great location, close to major business centers in the south suburbs, remained totally undeveloped until very recently.

Old 04-13-2016, 12:00 PM

To bump my own thread.....more housing is being build on the NE corner of Jordan and Broncos (due to be completed summer of this year.) And a friend of mine mentioned an acquaintance of hers sold land in the vicinity, saying that the area had become very desirable.

I guess you can't stop progress, but I have to admit, I was liking that while there was *some* stuff out there, there was also a lot of open land. And where I'm at, I don't hear planes from Centennial Airport horribly often. In fact, I heard them a lot more where I used to live in Aurora!

Old 04-13-2016, 01:23 PM

9,338 posts, read 7,108,703 times
Yeah, the plane noise would be a pretty major issues, if I were to move there.

We live in NW Parker, about a mile southeast of that area, and we still get plane noise every now and then.

Old 04-13-2016, 02:38 PM

12,566 posts, read 10,614,780 times
I work in a building on the south end of the runway near E470. You definitely don't want to live underneath the flight path.

Old 04-13-2016, 04:15 PM

17,077 posts, read 13,364,015 times
No, thank you. I am acquainted with someone who lives just to the north of the airport, and I could not take the noise there.

Old 04-14-2016, 09:44 AM

I live east of it, and don't hear it much. I wonder if north and south is the issue, but east not so much?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver