Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-14-2015, 07:03 PM

331 posts, read 465,185 times

Advertisements

Here's a map of the two school districts serving Littleton: //www.city-data.com/school/Littleton-Colorado.html

Here's a map of the Littleton city limits: //www.city-data.com/school/Littleton-Colorado.html

Here's info for Littleton Public Schools: Littleton Public Schools

As has been noted above, there are areas with "Littleton" mailing addresses that are in unincorporated Jefferson County.

I wish I had some experience, info, or opinions to offer on the main issue (best place to raise kids). But this is the time for me to keep silent and risk being thought a fool, instead of speaking up and removing all doubt.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-14-2015, 08:29 PM

556 posts, read 762,689 times
I see how this could all be confusing

But let's out semantics aside for a moment. There have been a few post that noted many neighborhoods within the Littleton city limit and withing the Littleton mailing address, so can anyone name some of them? That would be helpful if people could just some of those neighborhoods that meet my criteria. I don't really care if it's in the city limit or mailing area

Old 12-14-2015, 08:45 PM

17,705 posts, read 29,796,003 times
Default Zeroing in

Quote:
Originally Posted by guyatwork37 View Post
I see how this could all be confusing)
You want Jefferson County schools or Littleton schools.
Colorado School Grades and/or Great Schools will help you with schools.
The school system sites will help with schools and boundaries.
Zillow then for houses.

Now, you need a buyer's agent as you don't know the details.

Give us a house address and we will have opinions.

P.S. The prison is in "Englewood".

Last edited by davebarnes; 12-14-2015 at 09:52 PM..

Old 12-14-2015, 09:35 PM

403 posts, read 759,129 times
OK...I think I can help you with neighborhood/subdivision names in Littleton (both city and postal address). In your price range of $350,000-$450,000 you can probably look into Governor's Ranch (very large neighborhood), Columbine Knolls and Columbine Knolls South, Wildcat Ridge, Parkwood Estates (smaller 80 home subdivision built around a small park newer construction 2010 +), Ken Caryl Ranch, Grant Ranch, and Belleview Acres. Most of these are HOA neighborhoods with Covenants and rules that must be followed.

And the Federal prison that you are mostly likely referring to is on the corner of Kipling Avenue and Quincy Avenue. There is a neighborhood across Quincy Ave which is the Melody Hills subdivision. Those would be the closest homes to the prison. Hope this helps!

Old 12-14-2015, 09:58 PM

325 posts, read 371,540 times
We live in the Ken Caryl area and we love it. We have two young children and there are families everywhere. Schools are all highly rated, though I'm looking into getting my children into a jr./sr. high that is dependent on a lottery.

Old 12-14-2015, 09:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by alliern View Post
OK...I think I can help you with neighborhood/subdivision names in Littleton (both city and postal address). In your price range of $350,000-$450,000 you can probably look into Governor's Ranch (very large neighborhood), Columbine Knolls and Columbine Knolls South, Wildcat Ridge, Parkwood Estates (smaller 80 home subdivision built around a small park newer construction 2010 +), Ken Caryl Ranch, Grant Ranch, and Belleview Acres. Most of these are HOA neighborhoods with Covenants and rules that must be followed.

And the Federal prison that you are mostly likely referring to is on the corner of Kipling Avenue and Quincy Avenue. There is a neighborhood across Quincy Ave which is the Melody Hills subdivision. Those would be the closest homes to the prison. Hope this helps!
This is perfect, yes! Thank you very much!

I think I drove through the Melody Hills subdivision because I remember pulling on to the main road and looking across thinking "why does that water treatment plant have razor wire all around it?" and the I saw the sign and noped out of there really quickly.

Old 12-14-2015, 10:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ironlady View Post
We live in the Ken Caryl area and we love it. We have two young children and there are families everywhere. Schools are all highly rated, though I'm looking into getting my children into a jr./sr. high that is dependent on a lottery.
Thanks! I remember staying in a hotel in Ken Caryl and liked the area from the little bit I saw of it. Much appreciated!

Old 12-14-2015, 10:37 PM

18,208 posts, read 25,840,395 times
I live in Western Colorado but was a Littleton resident from '71 to '93. I have several friends I visit in the Littleton/Centennial area. The areas they live are basically in the 81520 area. One lives near Sterns Park, just south of Littleton Blvd. and west of Windermere. Another lives near Caley St. and Huron. Those areas haven't changed a lot but I've always liked those neighborhoods. Another area I'd recommend is neighborhoods along Ridge Rd. from Broadway heading west to Windermere. I had a condo in that area, lived there for 13 years.

Old 12-14-2015, 11:36 PM

9,868 posts, read 7,691,273 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreaming of Hawaii View Post
NO NO NO!! The shooting that you are talking about occurred at Columbine High School, which is located in unincorporated Jefferson County and not within the city limits of the City of Littleton. Additionally, Columbine is in the Jefferson County School District, not Littleton School District.

See, OP, this is why it is so hard for people to answer your question. The Littleton City limits are very different from the Littleton mailing address. I believe that a previous poster provided a link to the city limits. With the city limits, there are many different neighborhoods that meet your criteria, and only a few near downtown that don't. Littleton has been for many years a very family oriented community and a good place to raise a family.

There are also many different neighborhoods that meet your criteria within the Littleton School District boundaries, which are different than the city limit boundaries.

BTW, the federal prison is no where near the city limits of Littleton.
That part of Littleton is still considered Littleton. Zip code, street addresses, phone exchanges...all Littleton. If I had meant City of Littleton, I would have said City of Littleton. I used to LIVE in two different parts of Littleton myself. One of those was in the same neighborhood as Eric Harris, which definiteLy is familyish. My point, which you all missed, is that those safelooking white neighborhoods are not necessarily safe.

Old 12-15-2015, 08:24 AM

11,825 posts, read 34,420,440 times
I am not really sure you should narrow your focus down too much. You may miss a great house for you.

Select a few schools- search for suitable housing near there and when the time comes pick the best option from the bunch. It's okay to look from Cherry Creek schools in Aurora, and Centennial. Littleton Schools in Littleton (Arapahoe County) to Jeffco Schools in south Jefferson County to Douglas County Schools in Highlands Ranch, Lone Tree or Ridgegate/Meridian.

There will be more available house after the new year, and it will pick up in February & March.

Just make sure you have your pre-approval letter in hand when you do start looking in person.

I have toured & Skyped houses for buyers with the listing brokers permission before. It's a first step if you see something online and would like to get a feel about the flow/community/lot/space before you are here.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver