Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-26-2015, 12:56 PM

5 posts, read 6,785 times

Advertisements

I am 27 years old I don't turn 28 till next September 30th...I'm posting this thread because I need some advice, I am currently living in south Texas with my Mom, but I want to move I'm sick of being here no privacy at all, and on top of that I have Adhd and depression that I suffer from I have tried a bunch of pills and been on Xanax for 3 years now and have had 6 Seizures the last year every time I try stopping them I believe in medical marijuana...and it really helps me feel normal, so I have decided that I want to start fresh in Colorado at 27 years old I did not finish school and haven't gotten my GED yet I don't have a Job or Car right now but I am very smart, I only get a monthly disability check of 730$ because of my anxiety and depression etc I am extremely impulsive sometimes so I don't want to just move without planning it all out, my idea is to save around $700 a month for the next 6-7 months and go up there with about 3500-4000 saved up anybody have any suggestions or ideas about what I should do thanks btw my name is Ryan
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-26-2015, 02:33 PM

653 posts, read 1,786,425 times
Ryan... If I were you, I would save far more than that to get to Colorado.. then based on your current income, there is NO WAY you could survive financially even in the lowest income area's of say Denver or Colorado Springs. Most places that you'll be applying to rent, a job or at least a sizable monthly income (more than what you make) will be required. If you still decide to do this, I would do all you can that you have contacts with social services lined up, and find a good doctor to help you.

As far as Texas is concerned, don't they have medical MJ there? Not sure. I can't blame you in wanting to move from there though. Hope somehow it works out.

Old 12-26-2015, 02:50 PM

9,963 posts, read 18,497,936 times
I would get on your feet there in Texas, get your GED, learn a trade and maybe find a roommate that will move here with you.

Texas Legalizes Medical Marijuana Oils For Epilepsy

Do you really think being all alone in a new state with very little $ will improve your depression?

Last edited by Mach50; 12-26-2015 at 03:15 PM..

Old 12-26-2015, 03:59 PM

True I want to get my GED and learn a trade but without MJ it's extremely hard for me. My Doc will just dope me up with more Adderall for ADHD, a roommate would be awesome

Old 12-26-2015, 04:42 PM

4,944 posts, read 2,940,507 times
OP I feel for you I really do. I to suffer from adhd and anxiety I found the best way to overcome it is to get outside my comfort zone and interact with strangers even if its just at a coffee shop. I finally can hold a conversation like a normal human being and I to am working on a big move you are capable of way more than you can imagine.

Old 12-26-2015, 05:18 PM

I used to be able to go play basketball and get out and stuff but the last year I haven't really been able to go outside without Xanax and every time I try stopping Xanax I have seizures today is like my 4th day off of bars, lately I've just been crying out of nowhere I've been super depressed borderline suicidal thoughts unless I smoke medical marijuana

Old 12-26-2015, 05:20 PM

Xanax withdrawal is torture it really is Xanax and other pills have really messed me up I know nothing is going to be perfect but MJ is the closest thing to it you know I don't know what to do I just want to feel normal again, so I can live a decent life without drama and anxiety Adhd etc

Old 12-26-2015, 05:22 PM

It's horrible I wish I could just be normal again you know and live a decent life MJ is the only thing that helps me feel normal

Old 12-26-2015, 07:46 PM

12,566 posts, read 10,616,175 times
Xanax is hard to get off of because it has a very short half life. It also depends on how many you take during the day. It is the toughest Benzo to get off of. I hope you are able to find your way here and are able to use MJ in a way that will settle your life down. Anxiety is a terrible thing to deal with. Like others have said get things in order where you are at now then start thinking about a future here or somewhere else that has legal MJ. Good luck!

Old 12-26-2015, 08:49 PM

1,940 posts, read 1,028,019 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by destinyrider View Post
I am 27 years old I don't turn 28 till next September 30th...I'm posting this thread because I need some advice, I am currently living in south Texas with my Mom, but I want to move I'm sick of being here no privacy at all, and on top of that I have Adhd and depression that I suffer from I have tried a bunch of pills and been on Xanax for 3 years now and have had 6 Seizures the last year every time I try stopping them I believe in medical marijuana...and it really helps me feel normal, so I have decided that I want to start fresh in Colorado at 27 years old I did not finish school and haven't gotten my GED yet I don't have a Job or Car right now but I am very smart, I only get a monthly disability check of 730$ because of my anxiety and depression etc I am extremely impulsive sometimes so I don't want to just move without planning it all out, my idea is to save around $700 a month for the next 6-7 months and go up there with about 3500-4000 saved up anybody have any suggestions or ideas about what I should do thanks btw my name is Ryan
I would get your GED in texas first while you save for 6 months. Have you ever done any volunteer work? I did at the local animal shelter walking dogs at first, then more as they got to know me. It was so uplifting and opened up doors. I am not very religious but I believe in what a church represents, I helped them at times also. Surround yourself with positive people and places. You are not alone.

If MJ works for you then keep telling your doctors, or find a new doctor that is more receptive.

Have you ever been to Colorado? Plan a vacation there for a few days to check it out. Do some research before you go, work, places to live, doctors.

You have a lot of courage, you are reaching out and know what works and what doesn't for you. You are only 27 and have your whole life ahead of you. What is the one thing that makes you smile, do it everyday.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver