Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-11-2016, 11:43 PM

18 posts, read 20,927 times

Advertisements

Im still currently in Los Angeles, but visited Denver over the holidays and took a look at a few apartments. One of them was the Cherry Creek Club apartments, in Glendale. I thought the buildings themselves were a bit fug, but I LOVED the lake with all the geese, and the apartment tour was very nice. I was shown a small but very cute apartment. I loved it! I don't mind small spaces at all, in fact i prefer it. It would just be me, my dog & cat. The rent is very good for the area, the lady I spoke with was very nice, and I was very pleased!

However, I have since read some horrible reviews online. Im figuring that maybe these reviewers were mostly disgruntled negative complainer types. Maybe they left the place a mess and expected all their deposit back, or maybe they wanted something fancier than they got for the price. Ive been told not to trust reviews TOO much because, as they say "if you're happy with something, less likely you will get online to ***** about it.". Considering the size of this complex, relatively few people are leaving negative reviews.

SO.. have any of you lived at Cherry Creek Club, or know of anyone?

Any other decent apartments in the Glendale or Virginia Village area? Im not looking for anything fancy, and a studio or one bedroom & pet friendly will do me fine. As long as the place is clean enough, and my roommates aren't bedbugs and roaches, Im good to go.

As a comparison, Cherry Creek Club is in the $750-850 price range. That is REALLY good & affordable for me, so naturally I start thinking "Okay, whats wrong with this place?". Im hoping its okay, because I really liked it there.

Any information would be appreciated.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-18-2016, 10:21 PM

Anyone? This complex is huge. Surely someone sees this who lived there or knows of someone? Any help would be appreciated, and thank you.

Old 01-18-2016, 10:30 PM

5,610 posts, read 23,306,923 times
Why do you want to live in Glendale? Some of the crappiest apartments in all of metro Denver are in Glendale. There are also some nice ones too, but anything "affordable" and "Glendale" is going to be of the former sort. Rent in the Denver area over the last few years has become very, very expensive, and $750-850/mo, if you can even find places that cheap, are going to be at the very bottom of the barrel.

Old 01-19-2016, 12:16 AM

117 posts, read 138,529 times
Exactly as Vegaspilgrim said.

$750-$850/mo is incredibly cheap for Denver. Anything in this price range will have bad reviews, I guarantee it. If you've seen the apartment in person and felt comfortable with the place, then I say go for it if that's what your budget is.

According to Rent Jungle, "as of October 2015, average apartment rent within 10 miles of Denver, CO is $1622." That alone should tell you everything you need to know about a place in the $750-$850/mo range. Personally, I'd be skeptical of the place because more often than not, you get what you pay for here.

Old 01-22-2016, 04:46 AM

Unfortunately that's all I can afford. Thank you for the feedback though. Was Denver always this expensive?

And before someone suggests roommates, I don't do well living with strangers, and all my friends are either married or caregiving elderly parents, so they can't leave nor have me stay with them.

Lastly, what about just regular privately owned little apartment buildings that don't have pool and gyms etc? Are they up there in the $1600 range as well? I don't care about pools and gyms, and maybe I can save on rent.

Old 01-23-2016, 11:36 PM

686 posts, read 2,436,444 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunflowr View Post
Unfortunately that's all I can afford. Thank you for the feedback though. Was Denver always this expensive?

And before someone suggests roommates, I don't do well living with strangers, and all my friends are either married or caregiving elderly parents, so they can't leave nor have me stay with them.

Lastly, what about just regular privately owned little apartment buildings that don't have pool and gyms etc? Are they up there in the $1600 range as well? I don't care about pools and gyms, and maybe I can save on rent.
The $1600 range is for two bedrooms. One bedrooms average $1,200-1,300 especially closer to downtown. You might be able to find a studio for a little cheaper.

check padmapper.com and maybe craigslist.

Old 01-28-2016, 11:31 AM

70 posts, read 61,406 times
They are meh.

The price is like that because you would be in Glendale next to the really nice Infinity Park but the apartments have problems. I use to work for the Cherry Creek School district. We had to pick kids up from Cherry Creek Club on our bus route. The parents would come out with their kids and start complaining about the broken elevators and crime. They'd be late getting their kids to the bus because the apartment elevators broke. From what i have seen they do not plow snow or ice. Many a times. i had to pick kids up or help them walk across the icy parking lot to get to the bus. It was bad because we were a special needs bus. imagine guiding a blind child on a icy parking lot.

Parking availability is bad, good luck find a place to park your car

You will basically have no balcony.

Glendale is nice but you'd be better off finding a cheaper place in Aurora or Englewood.

I'd like to live in Glendale I cannot afford it and if I could it would not be at the Cherry Creek Club apartments

Yes Denver is the worst place to live in if you want cheap rent. Too many people or moving here and theres not enough housing for the new population plus the old. If you want cheap and safe in dont get in apartment in Denver. Most one bedrooms here start at 1000 and up. In Aurora you get a one bedroom for 700-800 depending on your needs.

Old 01-31-2016, 06:36 AM

4 posts, read 5,475 times
Default Affordable Apt in Glendale

Try here: Willow Creek Apartments - 1 & 2 Bedroom Residences - Glendale, Colorado Great place to live, very affordable ($1000 per month rent), Infinity Park is across the street, balcony or patio with every apartment, no problem with parking, small pool, but snow removal is an issue.

Old 01-31-2016, 12:32 PM

9,868 posts, read 7,697,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunflowr View Post

Denver had really cheap rent...when there were few jobs! If you want cheap, find a city that is NOT in a growth mode, and get a job there before moving.

Old 01-31-2016, 01:09 PM

5,529 posts, read 12,666,240 times
Sunflower, almost a year ago you came on this forum looking for suggestions for places to rent with your three pets. I saw that some people provided lists of places to check out. Did you look at those when you were here visiting recently? Are you still moving with your three pets?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver