Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-16-2016, 02:15 PM

286 posts, read 295,133 times

Advertisements

Ok guys thank you for the support this is great news .

And yes I would be working at the Denver airport which is why I would like to keep my commute rather easy while I adjust to a city , if it wasn't for that and if money wasn't an issue I would be prefer to be downtown or closer to mountains but beggars can't be choosers

Another small issue I have is when I request a lateral transfer if there's people with more company seinority I get put on a list , they can call the next day or 3 months from now so it's hard to plan to look for a place
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-16-2016, 02:45 PM

11,477 posts, read 11,557,632 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tfriss92 View Post
Ok guys thank you for the support this is great news .

And yes I would be working at the Denver airport which is why I would like to keep my commute rather easy while I adjust to a city , if it wasn't for that and if money wasn't an issue I would be prefer to be downtown or closer to mountains but beggars can't be choosers

Another small issue I have is when I request a lateral transfer if there's people with more company seinority I get put on a list , they can call the next day or 3 months from now so it's hard to plan to look for a place
Check out the new RTD train lines that are opening next month. It may be possible for you to commute via rail.

Old 03-16-2016, 02:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyDog77 View Post
Check out the new RTD train lines that are opening next month. It may be possible for you to commute via rail.

Where can I find information on all of that ?

Old 03-16-2016, 02:59 PM

11,477 posts, read 11,557,632 times
Quote:
Where can I find information on all of that ?
RTD

there are a bunch of new rail lines opening in 2016. The downtown to airport line opens in April.

Last edited by SkyDog77; 03-16-2016 at 03:43 PM..

Old 03-16-2016, 07:09 PM

Thank you , looking at some of the charts and from what I could gather it looks like I could get to the airport from downtown every half hour pretty much all day ?

And in your knowledge of the city and the rails , could I even live elsewhere that also has cheaper rental prices and the train could get me to work and avoid all the traffic ? Or is it not thah reliable and best to just live near work

Old 03-17-2016, 02:53 PM

14,375 posts, read 18,374,578 times
Honestly, I would look for cheaper living in Aurora that's close to the airport and just come to Denver when you want a night out. People in my area of NJ thought nothing of zipping up an hour or more to NYC or an hour south to Atlantic City on weekends for fun. Hell, I used to commute to NYC daily.

Again, it puts you a little further from the mountains, but you can relocate as your earning power increases and you can take your time finding a good deal on a property.

But people who know more than I do might have a different take.

Old 08-24-2016, 04:50 PM

7 posts, read 6,570 times
My sister rents an apartment in the highlands for 700 a month. I have friends, that have nice apt in denver. From 800 to 1100. I have a client that rents a house in bonnie brae for 1800. Don't believe these joker, they just don't want any one to move to denver. They act like children, and probably are not even natives. Lol. Come on down!

Old 08-24-2016, 05:38 PM

5,529 posts, read 12,669,721 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamthe1 View Post
My sister rents an apartment in the highlands for 700 a month. I have friends, that have nice apt in denver. From 800 to 1100. I have a client that rents a house in bonnie brae for 1800. Don't believe these joker, they just don't want any one to move to denver. They act like children, and probably are not even natives. Lol. Come on down!
Wow. Who lit your fire? Just because we are trying to give real time, helpful information to people, we get accused of having ulterior motives? What's this stuff about "they just don't want any one to move to denver"? Do you really know each of us that well that you can say that?

What is your definition of "native"? How long does someone have to live in Colorado before they know anything? When did you move to Colorado? I've been in Colorado since 1970, and my husband is third generation native. So does that mean that I can give advice to people, or will you still accuse me of something nefarious

Old 08-24-2016, 05:51 PM

13,827 posts, read 29,939,634 times
Everybody can come to Denver for all I care.

Old 08-24-2016, 06:45 PM

1,822 posts, read 2,001,704 times
Quote:
large mountain ranges and endless outdoor activity is sort of a way of life which is why i think denver is a perfect city for me
Just because there are mountains nearby doesn't mean that there is quick and easy access to them, and/or that people are walking along them. This isn't the Smoky Mountains, or trails in the PNW. And just so we better understand, what are these "endless outdoor activities" you are referring to? How endless are they in the depths of winter, or are you strictly talking about snow sports?

Last edited by Sunderpig2; 08-24-2016 at 07:37 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
View detailed profiles of: