Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-06-2016, 12:28 PM

30 posts, read 33,420 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by skins_fan82 View Post
$800 a month won't go very far in this market, even in less desirable areas. Would you be open to a roommate? That would open up a lot of options for you if so.
bruhh...I said exactly that in that exact post
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-06-2016, 12:43 PM

8,952 posts, read 20,372,776 times
Well, no matter what time of the day/night it is or where, we still don't want to hear gun shots or people yelling "help me". We've never been to Philly, but, there is still enough crime in Denver metro. Don't know about anybody else on this forum or Thread, but I have the 9 News App and read enough about the crime that happens there.

Old 04-06-2016, 12:48 PM

24,202 posts, read 19,210,098 times
Ok, you're realistic, $800 in a roommate situation is going to give you options. Are you going to be in school? They might have some sort of roommate list.

You can check back here with the cross streets once you have some specific places in mind, but I think you'll be fine.

Old 04-06-2016, 12:52 PM

30 posts, read 33,420 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveBoating View Post
Well, no matter what time of the day/night it is or where, we still don't want to hear gun shots or people yelling "help me". We've never been to Philly, but, there is still enough crime in Denver metro. Don't know about anybody else on this forum or Thread, but I have the 9 News App and read enough about the crime that happens there.
Honestly am not sure why you're posting here if you've never been or don't know about Philadelphia. This thread is specifically about the comparison between the two, and your two posts thus far have added 0 to this thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by emm74 View Post
Ok, you're realistic, $800 in a roommate situation is going to give you options. Are you going to be in school? They might have some sort of roommate list.

You can check back here with the cross streets once you have some specific places in mind, but I think you'll be fine.
Great! That's very good news. I am going to be fresh out of graduate school so I'd be willing to live with someone still in school or out of school, so that's definitely an idea.

Old 04-06-2016, 01:34 PM

1,412 posts, read 1,084,282 times
800 is low... Look at north Aurora, not desirable, but likely not as bad as Philly.

Old 04-06-2016, 03:58 PM

1,321 posts, read 2,030,278 times
Denver is nothing compared to Philly. Come and live in hope not in fear. Live not surf the internet.

Old 04-06-2016, 04:34 PM

2,175 posts, read 4,299,752 times
I lived in Bucks Co for 25 years. There's nothing here like N. or W. Phila.

Old 04-06-2016, 04:52 PM

4,944 posts, read 2,941,035 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alloo66 View Post
Denver is nothing compared to Philly. Come and live in hope not in fear. Live not surf the internet.
I've walked around at night all over Denver never had a problem. I would only do that in philly if I had a death wish.

Old 04-06-2016, 07:09 PM

137 posts, read 197,040 times
I can't find a bad neighborhood in the whole metro. You can still get into trouble, but people don't walk up to others and execute them on the corner like they did when I was in Baltimore.

The kind of neighborhoods that are east of Broad Street where the OP is have no comparison here.

Old 04-07-2016, 07:02 AM

8,952 posts, read 20,372,776 times
No, I haven't been to Philly, but there are still a lot of people that live in that city and would never leave. There just happens to be parts of Denver metro that I wouldn't give a second thought about living in.
One thing for sure, certain parts of Denver sure aren't exempt from crime!

Funny, when wife and I had our house in Parker and I worked just north of downtown, one of my co-workers that lived in a "not so desirable" areas of Denver, told me she would never live, or go to, such a "snotty" neighborhood like Parker. The word "snotty" is what one co-worker said to me. I looked at her and said, "well, at least I don't hear gun shots and a police helicopter over my house on a nightly basis!" She walked away.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bking45 View Post
Honestly am not sure why you're posting here if you've never been or don't know about Philadelphia. This thread is specifically about the comparison between the two, and your two posts thus far have added 0 to this thread.

Great! That's very good news. I am going to be fresh out of graduate school so I'd be willing to live with someone still in school or out of school, so that's definitely an idea.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver