Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-24-2016, 05:11 PM

12,566 posts, read 10,614,780 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by brown_dog_us View Post
What type of music?
Polka
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-24-2016, 06:41 PM

12,262 posts, read 24,457,538 times
In my biased opinion Pueblo has a nice Art and cultural scene and there is even downtown apartments only for artist that you could qualify for .

Old 05-24-2016, 09:49 PM

325 posts, read 371,678 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by smitmatt3012 View Post
Okay, a bit of background. My friend and I are tired of both the political climate, and level of opportinity in our
current small town in East tx. I am an aspiring musician looking for a decent place to get involved in the music scene. No lectures on the practicality of this career path please,I know where I stand. There is ZERO chance of making any kind of headway with music as a money making venture where I am now. So...
3 biggest selling points for me - Affordable/safe living, public transportation, and A music scene. Open minded people are a plus. Price range is 700-1000 apt, split between 2 people. I've read good things about both cities, and although Denver seems pricey I want to consider all options. I feel if I do not make a move soon, i'll get lost in the day to day. To give you some context, We are also considering places like Salt Lake City, and Ohio. Austin, Cali, and New York are too much.
Thoughts?
Ha! I grew up in a small town in East Texas, and my family still lives there, so I know where you're coming from ... literally and figuratively. Most of the places where you find a good music scene will be quite expensive. Denver does have a great music scene, but as others have mentioned, it is even more expensive here than it is in Austin. That said, there are some gems buried out in suburbia. My husband and I found a two bedroom condo in Littleton and rented it for two years for $1200 before buying a home. I'd scour Craigslist to see what's out here. I love Denver, and I know how you feel. I knew how hard it was to break out of East Texas and how so few actually did. Good luck to you in your journey.

Old 05-24-2016, 10:57 PM

12 posts, read 11,396 times
Any cities within 2-3 hours of Denver that are considerably cheaper yet still safe? I'd be okay with that.

Old 05-24-2016, 11:50 PM

214 posts, read 260,153 times
I would look at Austin, Nashville, or Chicago.

The music scene in Denver is meh. You probably don't want to live 2-3 hours from Denver unless you are a cow slaughterer.

Old 05-25-2016, 09:08 AM

204 posts, read 201,814 times
It's much easier to find affordable housing in Austin than Denver. My stepdaughter goes to UT Austin and is able to live in a decent apartment for well under $1000. That includes a monthly pet fee.

Old 06-03-2016, 01:24 PM

16,787 posts, read 49,058,726 times
Longmont Colorado is a pretty great community, close to Boulder and Denver, but I would not want to rely on public transportation from there to Denver.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver