Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-19-2016, 06:59 AM

63 posts, read 77,274 times

Advertisements

Hey guys, Colorado being one of the few states I have yet to visit, the wife and I are looking for a little vacation to Denver and the surrounding area. We are leaving out of Houston, and the date would be to fly out on November 11th, and fly back on November 15th.

The itinerary I would be interested in would be to stay at nice ski resort that's friendly for somebody that's never skied before. But to tell you the truth, I'm simply more interested in appreciating scenic views/sightseeing and taking some short hikes. Wife and I aren't athletic by any means, and are simply interested in taking it easy and relaxing. My wife is interested in experiencing the marijuana culture as well, as I can't smoke due to my job back at home. Some areas I've been researching are Breckenridge, Keystone and Copper Mountain. Here are my questions:

1) Could anyone give me suggestions on nice hotels/resorts with scenic views and beginner-friendly skiing? Great bars/restaurants in the area are always a plus.

2) So where would my wife be able to smoke? Is there a bar/venue, that's near a dispensary and ski resort that's weed friendly for her? Better yet, any weed friendly hotels/resorts period? (with the scenic views we're looking for)

3) Snow. What are the chances of us experiencing snow in mid-November?

Thanks for any help!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-19-2016, 07:43 AM

13,825 posts, read 30,033,438 times
http://coloradoski.com/page/resort-season-dates

Old 10-19-2016, 10:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Aguilar View Post
Do these dates mean the resort as a whole is closed? Or just skiing part of it.

Old 10-19-2016, 11:07 AM

24,012 posts, read 28,537,957 times
Early- mid November will not get you much in the way of skiing - or beautiful views honestly - no leaves, little snow (typically). Hence the resort deals.

Open and close dates refer to skiing.

Old 10-19-2016, 11:49 AM

11,475 posts, read 11,622,423 times
Keystone will be open in November 4th for skiing. It will be very little terrain, but that and Copper Mountain will probably be the best bets for a beginner.

Arapahoe Basin opens this Friday, but the first run they open is intermediate skiing. Not a great early season place for a novice skier. There is also not resort there.

Breckenridge is a good town for her to visit a pot shop, but the ski mountain will not open until the 11th.

Old 10-19-2016, 01:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyDog77 View Post
Keystone will be open in November 4th for skiing. It will be very little terrain, but that and Copper Mountain will probably be the best bets for a beginner.

Arapahoe Basin opens this Friday, but the first run they open is intermediate skiing. Not a great early season place for a novice skier. There is also not resort there.

Breckenridge is a good town for her to visit a pot shop, but the ski mountain will not open until the 11th.
Just curious, if she buys pot from the shop in Breckenridge, where can she legally smoke it at?

And Breckenridge is something I've been looking at. The 11th is our day to fly in anyways. Any suggestions on resorts in Breckenridge?

Old 10-19-2016, 02:05 PM

11,475 posts, read 11,622,423 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamezero View Post
Just curious, if she buys pot from the shop in Breckenridge, where can she legally smoke it at?

And Breckenridge is something I've been looking at. The 11th is our day to fly in anyways. Any suggestions on resorts in Breckenridge?
Places to consume are still an issue. She could buy edibles, but from what I hear, no more than 5mg and then wait 2 hours. Easy to over do it.

Breck is a resort town and you should be able to get a great deal somewhere that early in the season. Look at www.vrbo.com.

Old 10-19-2016, 03:14 PM

1,976 posts, read 2,333,730 times
she can smoke it at " Santa' s workshop " just out side of Colorado springs ....just kidding you cant smoke there

https://www.coloradopotguide.com/mar...riendly-hotels

Old 10-20-2016, 11:15 AM

135 posts, read 154,017 times
Yeah, so these places aren't even in Denver. Maybe post in the Colorado Thread? I bet you'd get better answers.

Old 10-20-2016, 11:31 AM

572 posts, read 554,721 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyDog77 View Post
Places to consume are still an issue. She could buy edibles, but from what I hear, no more than 5mg and then wait 2 hours. Easy to over do it.

Breck is a resort town and you should be able to get a great deal somewhere that early in the season. Look at www.vrbo.com.

All of my restaurant industry friends say that the number of tourists that obviously over indulge is pretty amazing... having to be drug out of establishments by friends due to the effects
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver