Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-02-2016, 09:56 AM

6 posts, read 8,846 times

Advertisements

I am a nurse that is relocating to Colorado and will be working at Children's Hospital Colorado in Aurora. Any suggestions on affordable apartments to rent. My husband and I are looking for a one bedroom and would like to stay under $1000 a month. If Aurora is too expensive we are willing to go a little outside of Aurora. Also, I hear a lot about the light rail system. Is this something that I could utilize for commuting to the hospital? Any information would be appreciated!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-02-2016, 11:02 AM
SQL

1,337 posts, read 1,193,257 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PNKsdream2017 View Post
I am a nurse that is relocating to Colorado and will be working at Children's Hospital Colorado in Aurora. Any suggestions on affordable apartments to rent. My husband and I are looking for a one bedroom and would like to stay under $1000 a month. If Aurora is too expensive we are willing to go a little outside of Aurora. Also, I hear a lot about the light rail system. Is this something that I could utilize for commuting to the hospital? Any information would be appreciated!
Affordable and close proximity to the light rail are not synonymous. East Aurora might be your best bet. I don't think you're going to find anything nice in that price range however.

Check out www.padmapper.com

Old 08-02-2016, 01:49 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,729,686 times
There are a lot of apartments right around the Anschutz campus in various price ranges.

Old 08-03-2016, 12:29 AM

170 posts, read 246,232 times
The light rail along 225 which will be the R Line won't be ready until Winter 2016.
Once it is ready it will be the best option for you to use to get to the hospital.
In terms of your price range of $1000 for a 1 bedroom that price is doable in Aurora for a small 1 bedroom and you can possibly find something close to I-225 until the light rail is ready assuming you don't want to live right next to the hospital.

Old 08-03-2016, 07:50 AM

112 posts, read 168,201 times
to echo what others have said, when do you start? if it's after the light rail opens, then you could pick a spot somewhere along the new line that's opening later this year, or even a line that was one transfer away. there's lots of development going on around the hospital and in a year or so there will be several new apartment complexes opening. in the meantime, options abound within walking distance but i'm not sure what rents are or how sketchy some of them might be.

Old 08-03-2016, 08:30 AM

90,297 posts, read 120,729,686 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mundele View Post
to echo what others have said, when do you start? if it's after the light rail opens, then you could pick a spot somewhere along the new line that's opening later this year, or even a line that was one transfer away. there's lots of development going on around the hospital and in a year or so there will be several new apartment complexes opening. in the meantime, options abound within walking distance but i'm not sure what rents are or how sketchy some of them might be.
My daughter lived in a complex just south of the medical campus. I thought the place was kind of sketchy, but she was safe and she liked it.

Old 08-03-2016, 08:47 AM

204 posts, read 201,814 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katarina Witt View Post
My daughter lived in a complex just south of the medical campus. I thought the place was kind of sketchy, but she was safe and she liked it.
I agree. I think they are currently building some new apartments right by the medical campus, but not sure about being that close. I too live just a little south of the medical campus (I can see Children's clearly from just down my street) and I think the immediate surrounding area to us is sketchy, but I feel safe in our small area.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
View detailed profiles of: