Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-06-2016, 11:26 AM

3,184 posts, read 4,845,848 times

Advertisements

I'm looking to host a small event for about 30 people. Unfortunately it seems like it's pretty difficult to host an event for that amount of people due to venue restrictions and high food minimums on my desired date which is a weekend. Most restaurants are over $2000 minimums plus a 20% service charge plus tax and tip. I've been checking hotels as well and they tend to be a slightly better deal until you add alcohol to the mix. A cash bar is great but I don't want half my bill to be the bartender before he/she opens a single beer.

Any local recommendations? The closer to Littleton, the better. Unfortunately hosting at someone's residence is not an option. I'm planning this remotely so I'm slightly out of the loop!

Desirables:
- Reasonably priced catering or the ability to bring our own food/caterer
- Cash bar available or ability to bring our own adult beverages
- Space big enough that 30 people won't feel cramped (semi-private is ok)
- Not exclusively outdoors, the event is in December
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-06-2016, 12:30 PM

24,202 posts, read 19,199,670 times
The clubhouse at the gated community where my mom lives can be rented out, and not just by residents of the community. My mom is in Denver so I'm not recommending her community, but perhaps there is something similar in the Littleton area?

Or another suggestion is an art gallery, they can often be rented for private functions. There are a few galleries listed here and I could see that at least a couple of them do private rentals.

Historic Downtown Littleton | Merchant Directory

Old 09-06-2016, 01:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by emm74 View Post
The clubhouse at the gated community where my mom lives can be rented out, and not just by residents of the community. My mom is in Denver so I'm not recommending her community, but perhaps there is something similar in the Littleton area?
Yes there's at least one that I know of in Denver, it may be the same one (I have a friend who had a function there once). Unfortunately that particular one is a bit large for our gathering.

Old 09-06-2016, 01:49 PM

2,886 posts, read 7,133,674 times
Have you checked at the Tavern in Littleton? They have a per person banquet menu that looks reasonably priced.
Quote:
Available for daytime events, nighttime events, fully private dining.
Minimum number of guests required for an online private event request is 25 people.

Old 09-06-2016, 01:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzco View Post
Have you checked at the Tavern in Littleton? They have a per person banquet menu that looks reasonably priced.
We love the Tavern! Sadly their food & beverage minimum on a Saturday night at that time of year is absolutely out of the question. Very, Very high.

I bet a bunch of us will end up there after the event for a few beers though.

Old 09-06-2016, 03:19 PM

244 posts, read 414,634 times
I recently had my wedding at the Patterson Inn in Capitol Hill. I know it's not Littleton but the space was beautiful and very reasonably priced. No charge to have an outside caterer and the wine was reasonably marked up.

The GM's name is Michelle.

Patterson Inn - Denver, CO - United States

Old 09-06-2016, 08:08 PM

112 posts, read 140,987 times
My grandma had her 70th birthday party at Baldoria on the Water in Lakewood. She said it wasn't that expensive, although I'm not sure what that means to her. It used to be an old bar/restaurant, but the inside is really pretty now. They catered the food, which was decent and had champagne.

Old 09-06-2016, 11:01 PM

194 posts, read 273,148 times
Baldoria on the Water I would second. I am not sure about the alcohol. We had a group of about 50, plenty of room for lots more. Food was ok. Really nice inside!

Old 09-07-2016, 01:26 PM

3,158 posts, read 6,122,307 times
Try Foothills Parks and Rec. They have several rooms they rent out.

Foothills Rentals
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver