Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-24-2008, 08:47 AM

264 posts, read 1,387,163 times

Advertisements

OK, I know this might be an odd question, but I'm just clueless, coming from CA, and all.
Do parents in Denver buy any special kind of baby strollers to go out and about during times when snow is on the ground? Jogging stroller maybe?

Do they make 4WD strollers?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-24-2008, 09:01 AM

14,164 posts, read 27,099,488 times
No, regular strollers work fine. No one takes babies for a ride when there's snow on the sidewalks and streets, but there isn't snow on the ground all winter.

Old 02-24-2008, 09:06 AM

90,316 posts, read 120,202,031 times
A lot of people use the jogging stollers, even if they aren't jogging.

Old 02-24-2008, 10:10 AM

4,267 posts, read 6,159,763 times
I use a baby bjorn type of carrier when there is snow, like an ergo carrier, they are very comfortbale and easier to manuever then a stroller (snow or no snow).

Old 02-24-2008, 01:17 PM

26,338 posts, read 93,440,962 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kimmer View Post
Do parents in Denver buy any special kind of baby strollers to go out and about during times when snow is on the ground? Jogging stroller maybe?

http://www.bugaboostrollers.com/assets/product_images/alternate/300/100054RED000000-2.jpg (broken link)

Old 02-24-2008, 01:17 PM

182 posts, read 666,635 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by denverian View Post
No, regular strollers work fine. No one takes babies for a ride when there's snow on the sidewalks and streets, but there isn't snow on the ground all winter.
I do, and so do my friends, although we are in Boulder, so maybe that doesn't count?

Not all three wheeled strollers are joggers- joggers really aren't good in the snow or on trails. What you need is an all terrain stroller. I have and love a Mountain Buggy Terrain, but a lot of people prefer the Mountain Buggy Urban, which comes in single, double, and triple. It has a front wheel that can swivel, which is nice in stores or whatever. I love my fixed wheel, because it is awesome on the trails. Adventure Buggy Company (ABC) Everest is fab, but very pricey. If you find a used Mountain Buggy, you can get new skins for it for not very much (I think around $50) from the distributor in Ft. Collins.

Bugaboos also do pretty well in the snow, and when mine were itty bitty, my old European pram did very well in the snow.

eta: Charles posted a bugaboo photo & also the awesome Chariot with the ski kit, which is definitely the preferred ski trailer around here.

Old 02-24-2008, 03:24 PM

24,873 posts, read 36,030,504 times
This is my first winter here (Highlands Ranch), so that's all I can base my response on. I've taken the kids to the park a day or two after a snow and have not needed anything special. The sidewalks have been cleared, so my jogging stroller was fine. I saw a couple pulling a baby in a sled, and they actually had to pick it up and carry it over the cleared sidewalk and onto the snow covered grass.

Old 02-24-2008, 07:46 PM

Charles, Classic!! Thanks, I haven't laughed so hard for weeks!

The All-terrain strollers seem the best way to go, thanks everyone for your input!

Old 02-25-2008, 09:42 AM

14,164 posts, read 27,099,488 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TropicanaRose View Post
I do, and so do my friends, although we are in Boulder, so maybe that doesn't count?

Not all three wheeled strollers are joggers- joggers really aren't good in the snow or on trails. What you need is an all terrain stroller. I have and love a Mountain Buggy Terrain, but a lot of people prefer the Mountain Buggy Urban, which comes in single, double, and triple. It has a front wheel that can swivel, which is nice in stores or whatever. I love my fixed wheel, because it is awesome on the trails. Adventure Buggy Company (ABC) Everest is fab, but very pricey. If you find a used Mountain Buggy, you can get new skins for it for not very much (I think around $50) from the distributor in Ft. Collins.

Bugaboos also do pretty well in the snow, and when mine were itty bitty, my old European pram did very well in the snow.

eta: Charles posted a bugaboo photo & also the awesome Chariot with the ski kit, which is definitely the preferred ski trailer around here.
Those things posted above seem to be more for somewhere that's actually snowpacked for months on end. If I had one of those ski strollers, I could use it maybe 15 days this winter?

Old 02-25-2008, 11:01 AM

OMG, the skiing stroller was for real?

I'm not necessarily going to take my child out for a walk on sidewalks in the snow, but I'm more concerned with navigating parking lots when grocery shopping, going to events, etc. When we were there last winter after the back-to-back storms, there still seemed to be a great deal of slush, water and snow sorta cleared in most parking lots. I like the idea of the all-terrain strollers, thanks!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver