Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-31-2016, 06:09 AM

22,334 posts, read 29,432,497 times

Advertisements

I know it sound crazy asking about this already but its not that far away! We're looking for a nice upscale dinner/dancing/NYE party. No bar scene here. Normally we do Ruth Chris's or Morton's but wanted something more festive. Any suggestions?? TIA
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-08-2016, 05:47 AM

Does no one go out here on NYE??

Old 11-08-2016, 09:18 AM

556 posts, read 763,204 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by himain View Post
LOL

I have an infant and a toddler. If I make it past 9:30 it's a miracle.

Old 11-09-2016, 07:07 PM

19 posts, read 25,124 times
Kevin Larsens white rose gala-great gatsby theme, live music, they take over the Ellie Caulkins opera house @ the DPAC, classier then the other options below

Resolution Denver throws one that takes over the Curtis hotel

Usually there is a party called the penthouse New Years Eve party that takes over the 26th & 27th floors of the Hyatt which offers great firework views.

Also I bet some of the trendier hotels might have NYE events planned. I would check into the Crawford Hotel/cooper lounge/terminal bar in Union station, the Fire Hotel and the Halcyon Hotel/Departures restaurant as possibilities. Another idea would be some of the jazz clubs like Nocturne, Crimson room or Dazzle.

Last edited by Mike from back east; 11-09-2016 at 07:49 PM.. Reason: Merged 2:1

Old 11-10-2016, 06:36 AM

Thank you for the suggestions. That's what I'm looking for.

Old 11-27-2016, 11:58 AM

11,582 posts, read 6,735,357 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by himain View Post

Once I had kids we stayed home every year on New Years. I don't want to pay a babysitter a crap load of money and I don't want to deal with all the drunks on the road! We do usually have a small get together at our house for who ever wants to come. Usually 5-7 couples and their kids. We supply the main dish and everyone brings a side to share. We have plenty of fun just hanging out!

Old 11-27-2016, 01:29 PM

26,212 posts, read 49,044,521 times
People in the hospitality industry have an old saying about NYE events: "Amateurs' Night Out" when the people who rarely go out to party feel they just have to do something....and some of them end up acting badly.

We tried a couple of NYE events when we were younger, like 40 years ago, and found the events were minor fun, complete with silly hats and noise makers. The only saving grace was we were with friends and managed to laugh our way through about 4 hours of sitting at a restaurant table.

What worked best for us was going to the symphony for New Year's Eve, or failing that just a nice lively hotel piano bar. This show in downtown COLO SPGS is one block from the Antler's Hilton with a fine piano bar, not to mention the Phantom Canyon brew pub across from the hotel that should be rocking that night. A block in the other direction is the Mining Exchange Hotel that is excellent and with great food. But people will have to check with these places to find NYE plans as there's nothing on the websites. At midnight there are fireworks set off from the top of Pikes Peak. IMO making the 60-90 drive down from Denver and spending the night will be well worth it.

In my late 60s now, we stay home and watch TV, safe from all the drunks, and pop a cork on our own schedule, just she and I.

My best suggestion is to make one's own party in a private home with friends, playing Trivial Pursuit at one table, Pictionary at another, a college bowl game in the TV room, music, dancing, etc. Being together with family or close friends is always a good idea and transcends or surpasses whichever holiday is being celebrated.

EDIT: Just got this in from Antler's Hilton in COLO SPGS: "We are indeed hosting, Randy's New Years Eve Dance Party. Dance in the New Year with live performances and a DJ. Cocktail party with food stations featuring prime rib, Asian noodle station, hot & cold appetizers and desserts. General Admission- $68.00 per person & Reserved Seating- $75 per person. For tickets and more information on this event you can visit www.randysinatra.com Phantom Canyon's only plans are for a midnight champagne toast.
- Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.
- Thank you and enjoy City-Data.

Last edited by Mike from back east; 11-27-2016 at 07:47 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver