Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-29-2017, 01:51 PM

1,330 posts, read 699,209 times

Advertisements

Weather.com is saying 5-8" of snow in Denver on Saturday with a 100% chance of rain/thunderstorms Friday and 100% snow Saturday. Then back to 60s/70s next week

Old 03-30-2017, 08:46 AM

12,566 posts, read 10,617,630 times
The news this morning said there will be another storm coming in Tuesday. Hopefully the weather holds up for the Rockies opening day.

Old 03-30-2017, 11:34 AM

26,212 posts, read 49,044,521 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timmyy View Post
The news this morning said there will be another storm coming in Tuesday. Hopefully the weather holds up for the Rockies opening day.
FYI: We're going to see the Rockies play today in a spring training game here in Peoria, AZ. After going to MLB games for 60 years I got my first foul ball this year, came right to me in my seat, didn't even have to stand up. My hand stung for a few minutes, but the ball is now on display in my kitchen.
- Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.
- Thank you and enjoy City-Data.

Old 03-30-2017, 11:58 AM

5,444 posts, read 6,994,146 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike from back east View Post
FYI: We're going to see the Rockies play today in a spring training game here in Peoria, AZ. After going to MLB games for 60 years I got my first foul ball this year, came right to me in my seat, didn't even have to stand up. My hand stung for a few minutes, but the ball is now on display in my kitchen.
Very cool!!! It is crazy the speed generated when the ball comes off the bat.

Old 03-30-2017, 01:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike from back east View Post
That is awesome. It is so worth the sting.

I got one back in my early 20s after it bounced off my friend's chest. I got another about three years ago when we were sitting right behind the visitor's dugout and the Rockies 3rd base coach walked over and gave one to my cute daughter who was six at the time. She hates baseball so she promptly gave it to daddy.

Spring training is a blast.

Old 03-30-2017, 01:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by headingtoDenver View Post
Very cool!!! It is crazy the speed generated when the ball comes off the bat.
There is a great real sports segment on that. Here is a clip of it.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=miiahEyxSTI

If you ever get a chance watch the whole segment. It is an HBO show.

OK, back on topic. I am going to throw down some more fertilizer in the front lawn before this next storm hits.

Old 03-30-2017, 04:25 PM

5,444 posts, read 6,994,146 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timmyy View Post
There is a great real sports segment on that. Here is a clip of it.

If you ever get a chance watch the whole segment. It is an HBO show.

OK, back on topic. I am going to throw down some more fertilizer in the front lawn before this next storm hits.
I was at a Rays vs Red Sox game in St. Pete many years back. We were sitting behind home plate and there was a foul ball hit which barely cleared the net behind the backstop and ended up clonking this kid in the head. The kid was being held by his father while standing on the stairs and neither saw the ball coming. You could hear the loud thud followed by the wailing of the kid. They brought in paramedics to look at the kid, who was probably 5 or 6. They left with the paramedics so who knows what happened from there, but it couldn't have been good. If he didn't have a concussion, I would be surprised. That ball was moving.

Old 03-30-2017, 06:24 PM

26,212 posts, read 49,044,521 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by headingtoDenver View Post
I was at a Rays vs Red Sox game in St. Pete many years back. We were sitting behind home plate and there was a foul ball hit which barely cleared the net behind the backstop and ended up clonking this kid in the head. The kid was being held by his father while standing on the stairs and neither saw the ball coming. You could hear the loud thud followed by the wailing of the kid. They brought in paramedics to look at the kid, who was probably 5 or 6. They left with the paramedics so who knows what happened from there, but it couldn't have been good. If he didn't have a concussion, I would be surprised. That ball was moving.
Ya gotta pay attention at the ball park. Today a bat flew into the stands, hit an elderly woman on the head; she walked a few steps and got in the wheel chair where they took her out to check for injuries. Scary to see.

Meanwhile, Accuweather shows 71F and sunny on 7 April when the Rockies have their home opener against the Dodgers. Rockies open the regular season on 3 April in Milwaukee where it's to be 50F and sunny. Here in the Phoenix area today it's 88F sunny and quite windy. Any snow that falls on Coors Field on Tuesday should be gone by Friday...unlike the year they had to shovel all day to clear the snow.

Winter is just about over but we'll keep this thread open to the end of April as anything can happen...
- Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.
- Thank you and enjoy City-Data.

Old 03-31-2017, 06:07 AM

22,334 posts, read 29,432,497 times
They are saying 5-8 during day and then 8-12 tonight and then 1-3 tomorrow up in Evergreen so I'm going to freeze to death.

Old 03-31-2017, 08:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by himain View Post
They are saying 5-8 during day and then 8-12 tonight and then 1-3 tomorrow up in Evergreen so I'm going to freeze to death.
Nah, you will be fun. It will be a warm snow.

I love the heavy Spring snows. Just pay attention to your trees.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver