Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-24-2008, 02:28 PM

69 posts, read 313,298 times

Advertisements

My husband is convinced that we'll be snowed in during the winter if we end up moving to the Denver area. Is it really that bad? I'm not a big fan of the cold, but I can deal with it if I have to. Does life come to a halt during the winter or do most people just go about their business like usual??
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-24-2008, 02:32 PM

386 posts, read 1,693,214 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by txspamom View Post
My husband is convinced that we'll be snowed in during the winter if we end up moving to the Denver area. Is it really that bad? I'm not a big fan of the cold, but I can deal with it if I have to. Does life come to a halt during the winter or do most people just go about their business like usual??
It's not that cold but....man...it's snows A LOT. And when it does...it's almost always business as usual. It always took at least a foot of snow to cancel school.

People learn to get snow tires and/or SUVs, 4-wheel drive, and patience for a long commute.

And...hey...at least it's still sunny during the winter. You may have a foot of snow on the ground....but it won't last too long with the sun coming out the next day.

Old 02-24-2008, 02:49 PM

5,747 posts, read 12,055,772 times
This horse has been beaten to death on these forums, but here goes again...

Yes, it snows in Colorado. Sometimes, it snows a LOT. Buy an AWD Subaru just like everyone else in this state, and go about your business.

Old 02-24-2008, 03:54 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,796,716 times
Quote:
Goodness, no! For one thing, snow is not on the ground that much. We get these big dumps at times, but much of the winter the streets are bare. We are hardly ever snowed in. My kids probably had ~6 snow days total, in the whole time they went to public school here.

Old 02-24-2008, 06:28 PM

16,391 posts, read 30,939,884 times
Ive been monitoring the weather in Boulder for around the last month and what i've noticed is the average temperature was 45-50 degrees.

Old 02-24-2008, 06:30 PM

10,757 posts, read 35,443,393 times
Try googling the weather for the town your interested in.

My sister lives in Loveland and you couldn't PAY me to move there.

They have blizzards where you can't see the road from her condo. All kinds of fun stuff like that.

Old 02-24-2008, 06:46 PM

11,715 posts, read 40,458,848 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindsey_Mcfarren View Post
Try googling the weather for the town your interested in.

My sister lives in Loveland and you couldn't PAY me to move there.

They have blizzards where you can't see the road from her condo. All kinds of fun stuff like that.
I suppose hurricanes, 90% humidity, and bugs the size of helicopters are better?

Old 02-24-2008, 06:47 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,796,716 times
We haven't had anything like a blizzard all winter.

Old 02-24-2008, 07:46 PM

69 posts, read 313,298 times
Ok, thanks. That gives me some idea. I'm a born and raised Texan so living where it snows a lot would be something I would need to get used to. Of course, the kids would love to live where it snows!

Old 02-24-2008, 07:55 PM

2,887 posts, read 7,137,042 times
Quote:
Ok, thanks. That gives me some idea. I'm a born and raised Texan so living where it snows a lot would be something I would need to get used to. Of course, the kids would love to live where it snows!
Have to laugh. . .
Read this, posted a couple of days ago on the Ft. Collins forum:
Quote:
Originally Posted by hopelessinf.c. View Post
I spent months trying to find the best place for me and my kids. paid attention to all the usual; schools,housing,crime, etc, seasons. still renting and not sure to take the final step because to tell you the truth I am craving winter. Back home has had more of a winter season than here and believe me that is not saying much. wheres the snow we moved here for? The forecast seems to tease snow so much yet still nothing. I dont mean 2-3 inches. I mean snow 1-3 feet at least. Do we stay or do we go????
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver