Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-29-2017, 01:01 PM

109 posts, read 353,549 times

Advertisements

If so, I'd really love some input on how the seating works at RR.

We (family of 3, 2 adults and 10 year old) are planning a CO summer vacation and want to add an Avett Bros. concert to our itinerary for one night, but I want to make sure I get the best seats for our situation.

From what I understand, when this band is at RR the first 25 rows are general admission with some of those sold as VIP seats. (One advantage with VIP is that you are allowed in the venue 30 mins. before everyone else so you can snag a good seat within GA.) My personal preference would be to get seats somewhere between Rows 4-10 or so. (I'm a huge Avett Bros. fan and prefer the more intimate experience being up front gives.) At the same time, though, I need to make sure my 10 year old is reasonably comfortable and has a good experience too.

So my questions are:

Even if I get in early with VIP ticket, will the GA area get decidedly more crowded when the gates open for everyone? Will tons of people rush up front or is there some sort of crowd control for this area?

Does everyone in GA actually have a seat or is it more or less standing room only?

If we do actually have a seat and my husband and son go for concessions/bathroom break, will I have to defend their seats with my life or will people be generally respectful of the space we’ve carved out?

The other option I’m looking at are the reserved seats, roughly from about Rows 30-35, but will only do this if it’s a much better experience for my son, ie, a lot less crowded, spread out, more laid back, etc.

I'd be really appreciative of any advice!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-29-2017, 04:03 PM

11,474 posts, read 11,582,315 times
All of RR is bench seating. People will pack in to the front rows quite tightly. You can often stake out your spot by bringing in a blanket and laying it down on the bench area you will be sitting on (or in the case of the first 25 rows at Avett Bros - standing in front of). Still, once the show starts it will get crowded and there will be lots of people smoking pot around you.

Last edited by SkyDog77; 01-29-2017 at 04:25 PM..

Old 01-29-2017, 07:08 PM

109 posts, read 353,549 times
Thanks Sky Dog for your help. Looks like the front will probably not work for us then.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver