Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-05-2008, 08:22 PM

287 posts, read 503,050 times

Advertisements

I drove through there today for work, and the area seemed to have somelandscape beauty. It was an cloudy day, however, and to me everything looks better on a cloudy day. It makes the landscape seem prettier.I am in the market for a house, and I notice that houses are reasonablypriced in the brighton area.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-05-2008, 08:24 PM

5,610 posts, read 23,301,938 times
I do not like Brighton and would never live there personally. It's way too isolated out there in the NE corner of the metro area, the least desirable sector to live in. Very dumpy looking, kind of like north Aurora. I see Brighton becoming the next Montbello and North Aurora as it gets more built up.

Old 03-05-2008, 09:15 PM

5,089 posts, read 15,397,079 times
Default This is my take on Brighton, from a previous thread

"I am very glad that you asked this question as I was going to start a thread on Brighton. I think Brighton is going to be a really good growth area because it is north of Denver International Airport and is along major transporation routes and is in an ideal spot for the services that will grow up around this huge airport. In addition, it is the County Seat of Adams County--one of the big growth counties in this area.

I llive in Adams County on the far west and periodically, I take a drive to pay my taxes a the county office and for other services. To tell you the truth, I am always impressed by how friendly these people are at these government office--even when a loud New Yawker, like myself, complains about his assessment.

Everytime I go up there I see new development. It has built a new hospital and new county government building. I have saw a new large Staples Warehouse. It is actively trying to redevelop the old town--it actually has an old town area because it developed as a separate farming community.

I just got interested in a new development in the area call "Prairie Center" just west of Barr Lake--a large state recreation area. The Website is Prairie Center. Prairie Center It is on the southeast part of town, near the new Justice Center. I think it looks like an exciting place to live.

I like Brighton for many reasons. First, it is in the Regional Transporation District and has and will get more transportation services. Second it is a big growth area. But most of all--it is real Colorado on the Great Plains with substantial farming. It is somewhat separate from the Denver Metro area--yet a part. It has unique identity.

I know some of you would say it is run down and has problems but you got to look deeper. Yes, it has been hit hard by the mortgage crisis; Yes, it has many poor. Yes, it is a little rusty around the edge--but to me that is rustic. It is a town that if I was younger, I would move and be a part of the growth. It has a great potential and already new businesses are locating there. I like the idea of it not being a overly wealthy area because it retains many the charms of the eastern plains. In addition, it has a large Japaneses Communty which is responsible for much of the algricultural growth.

It is now time, to pay my taxes again. I may take a drive and check out this Prairie Center and see what is new in Brighton. Everytime I go up there, I feel more a part of the real authentic Western experience with the plains, the cattle, the crops, the silos, the smell of manure---ahh--the odors of Colorado. Yea, I think there, I can
Livecontent"

So, my point is very clear. I came up here from Texas, in the 1970s. I worked at the then new Dallas Ft. Worth Airport. It was built in the middle of open land. The towns around saw enormous growth because of the support services needed. I would say the same for Brighton. This is an area to invest.

Old 03-06-2008, 11:46 AM

1,664 posts, read 4,362,313 times
Last time I checked, $105/bbl oil is not conducive to economic expansion. You'd do well considering living somewhere that isn't car-dependent.

Old 03-07-2008, 08:31 PM

287 posts, read 503,050 times
livecontent, well said, and I concur. I do get the feeling of a real Colorado in Brighton, as you say. It has a rustic beauty, and the growth in the area is incredible. ConsiderAmerican Furniture Warehouse's huge warehouse and showroom at highway 119 and I-25. They wouldn't have built that huge place if they didn't predict substantial growthin that area.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver