Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-18-2017, 09:24 PM

15 posts, read 12,573 times

Advertisements

Oh good! I was going to check out the JCC too. So far, there are two places with openings. The tough part is deciding to put down a deposit to make sure I have something certain when I haven't even seen the place. But, a bird in the hand...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-19-2017, 05:02 AM

5,843 posts, read 6,128,122 times
One last observation I will add if you end up in one of the Jewish schools. One of the reasons I wanted to put my kids there for preschool is that as a secular Jew myself (married to a non Jew), I knew that honestly, if they didn't have exposure to Judaism starting in preschool, then they wouldn't have gotten it from home. I likely would not have continued Jewish education and teachings, so I wanted their experience in the Jewish preschools to force my hand, so to speak.

It's been very good for them and now that they go to Religious school weekly, it's forced me to become a bit more observant, but only just a little (ex: I decided to skip Passover this year because I just didn't want to hassle of preparing for it).

Old 04-19-2017, 10:32 AM

24,204 posts, read 19,069,151 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas Ag 93 View Post
Yes, it is, and that's why I defaulted to the Jewish school options since I knew all would be acceptable to me.

emm74 makes a good suggestion with the JCC. She always thinks of things I forget
(can't rep you again yet!)

I have been trying to decide if I define myself as a secular Jew or not. Mostly yes, I think, but I care enough that my kiddo's bar mitzvah is next month. I think we will still go to services at least a few times a year even after this, mostly because I really like the rabbi at our temple and the social justice outreach there.

It's in Park Hill and I'm happy to share more info about it if you want, Macao, if you are thinking about joining a temple and/or sending your kids to weekly religious school.

Old 07-11-2017, 11:04 AM

15 posts, read 12,573 times
An update - we started our two kids at Augustana Early Learning Center a few weeks ago. It's been great from my 7 year old and not so great for my 3.5 year old. It's very large and chaotic. The director has been less than friendly. So, we are switching our little one to the JCC at the end of the month.

Old 07-11-2017, 11:24 AM

5,843 posts, read 6,128,122 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by macao View Post
An update - we started our two kids at Augustana Early Learning Center a few weeks ago. It's been great from my 7 year old and not so great for my 3.5 year old. It's very large and chaotic. The director has been less than friendly. So, we are switching our little one to the JCC at the end of the month.
Sorry one place isn't working out for both your kids, but that sometimes happens. I was able to make it work with 2 kids in the two different (but nearby) places, you'll do fine as well.

Good luck at the JCC.

Old 07-11-2017, 11:53 AM

24,204 posts, read 19,069,151 times
Sorry Augustana didn't work out but it's good there are other options. Hopefully JCC will be a better fit, large and chaotic was always a bad mix for my son too. At least they are close to each other!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver