Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-18-2008, 01:22 PM

14 posts, read 132,822 times

Advertisements

thnxx everyone, it is only due to all your valuable inputs, tht i have finally been able to decide whr to move in..and will be signing my lease sometime next week...and i've decided to move to parker, it has a good indian presence, and also has indian grocery stores ,as well as indian restaraunts nearby..so i'm sure my wife and I will like it there..i really wanna each and every person, who replied to my post...becoz i owe it to you guys, to be able to make my move from one town to another, so smooth...thnx again.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-26-2009, 03:58 PM

6 posts, read 80,061 times
Default Indian Family looking for Apartment in Denver (Englewood, CO)

Hi Residents,

Kindly help me to find a good apartment in Englewood. I am relocating to Dish Network. I am expected to move-in in end of august.
My family is comprise of Me, Wife & Daughter (2 year).

I am looking for an apartment / house with:
1. Indian (Asia-India) Families in Neighborhood
2. Close to Public Transport.
3. Close to Kindergarten & Indian Grocery
4. Rent less then $700
5. Monthly (short) lease

Kindly suggest.

Thanks

Old 07-26-2009, 05:03 PM

5,089 posts, read 15,341,901 times
Englewood is a very small municipality near Broadway and Hampden. However, many companies use the Englewood Post Office and are not in the city limits and therefore that area can be very big.

The Corporate Office of Dish is in Littleton, across from old town, on West Bowles and Sante Fe. I am assuming then you are working at another job location. If you are more specific with the exact location, we can help you better.

I think the Indian Community in the Denver Metro Area is located more in the City of Aurora, in and around South Parker, which is the eastern suburbs of Denver. However, it is possible that your job site could be closer to this community than the City of Englewood, which is a distance away.

Sincerely,

Livecontent

Old 07-26-2009, 06:54 PM

19,012 posts, read 29,602,607 times
Pinnacle at DTC - BRE Properties (http://www.breproperties.com/applications/landing_page/property.asp?propcode=1168&ref=google&gclid=CPXL74 7I9JsCFR0SagodEw7g_Q - broken link)

Close to light rail.
Close to Englewood.
Month to Month lease (this can cross 700 though), shorter six month lease can be under 700.

Old 07-26-2009, 08:01 PM

6 posts, read 80,061 times
Kindly Find the address of my Job Site:
Dish N/w L.L.C.
Echostar Purchasing Corporation
9610 S. Meridian Blvd.
Englewood, CO 80112
(303) - 727-1000

Old 07-26-2009, 08:58 PM

5,089 posts, read 15,341,901 times
You are very far southeast in the Denver Metro Area. This is not near Englewood. As I surmised it just uses the address.

Meridian Office Park is close to a rail station. It is the the Lincoln Station, the last station on the Southeast Line, which is in the municipality of Lone Tree. However, the station is west of I-25, accessible by a pedestrian bridge. It could be a little walk from your office. However, there is a call n' ride service in Meridian that will pick up and take you back and forth from the station to your work site.

Now where to live. Well, you are not going to be able to live close where you work, if you desire an Indian Neighborhood. I am not familiar with this ethnic group in this area, as it is small. I do know from research that the stores appear to be off Parker in Aurora, so the people must live close by. You can easily find a place to live close to rail station or a bus that will take you to the commuter rail. That will allow you to commute to work by public transit.

You need to research on the web where these Indian Markets are located. Then, I would look into the housing nearby. I am sure if you contact a Hindu Community, Muslim Community, or a Christian Community, or a Buddhist Community or a Sikh Community---in Denver--whatever applies to your religious preference--they can direct you quickly to a places to live and give you good contacts. I think I covered the main religions or you are not religiously affiliated, they should help you, just as a matter of being kind to a fellow expatriate. Perhaps you can find a Indian Consul, here in Denver.

But keep in mind, you can live anywhere in Denver and be welcomed. People are very friendly and certainly would be curious about your culture. Living close to where you work, you will be in a very high income area with many professionals. I am talking about Lone Tree and the South Metro Area. It is very safe and clean.

Your work site is near a big new shopping mall, Park Meadows. There has to be some Indians living there, as I have seen them in the area, judging by their accent, their skin tone, dress or some Sikh head covering. Again, people in Denver like to see differences in People and Culture. So, you, are not near Indian stores--you could try some good Southwest Mexican Cuisine or good old American Food. Americans eat anything and everything--we are a multicultural society. Give us a chance to show you our food and culture. Welcome to the Great American West--hitch your horse, and sample American Hospitality.

Livecontent

Old 07-26-2009, 09:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by livecontent View Post
But keep in mind, you can live anywhere in Denver and be welcomed. People are very friendly and certainly would be curious about your culture. Living close to where you work, you will be in a very high income area with many professionals. I am talking about Lone Tree and the South Metro Area. It is very safe and clean.
Live is right. Americans are friendlier than the Indian population, to be honest.

This is true in all the states I have lived so far

Old 07-26-2009, 09:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by poojamca View Post
Kindly Find the address of my Job Site:
Dish N/w L.L.C.
Echostar Purchasing Corporation
9610 S. Meridian Blvd.
Englewood, CO 80112
(303) - 727-1000
The apartment complex I posted above (Pinnacle) is pretty close to your work site ( 7 to 8 miles). This is where I live and it's not too bad, except that the tech center area is depopulated most of the time.

You can also live anywhere close to I-25 and commute via light rail/bus.

Also, the pockets of neighbourhoods where Indians tend to agglomerate is kinda scary, they can be crime ridden. There are certain parts of Aurora I will run away from faster than Lance Armstrong's bike

Old 07-26-2009, 11:43 PM

2,756 posts, read 12,931,864 times
Southeast Aurora is very popular with Indian families. They like the Cherry Creek School District and the Indian shops and Restaurants on Parker Road near I-225. The apartments on Parker Road near Peoria are full of Indians, many of whom eventually buy homes in around there and settle down.

Old 07-27-2009, 09:11 AM

6,600 posts, read 9,153,142 times
This is more in SE Denver, but I've noticed (while riding the bus) that many Indian families seem to live at the complexes on Quebec between Leetsdale and Florida (Spyglass Hill, Torrey Pines, and I can't think of what the others are). I live near those complexes and it's a generally safe area. Might be worth a look if you're looking for a bit of an Indian community.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver