Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-29-2017, 06:58 PM

1,020 posts, read 808,232 times

Advertisements

Another vote for Littleton. I'm guessing you'll be at Lockheed, in which case, they no doubt have a relocation dept you can talk to. Longmont would be very far, Greeley even further & sorry to any Greeley-ites, but I think of it as a stinky, smelly, farm town, certainly not for urban professionals?

Parker is right on 470 & has more of an upscale feel, but it's pretty family & horse oriented. Lots of Denver is fun for young professionals. For less expensive areas, Lakewood & Englewood are older areas, Golden & Morrison are beautiful, but a bit far for you (yet they are on 470). Aurora, parts of it are nice, lots of it is downright scummy & it's a bit far east. Centennial & Lone Tree (by Parker, convenient but very upscale family area). There are lots of great areas near where you will be.

Hiking trails abound. If it were me, I'd be looking at #1 Littleton, #2 Parker/Lone Tree/Centennial. Pretty much all areas have hiking trails, grocery stores, etc. Denver is very built up.

ETA: The Ken Caryl area near Lockheed is gorgeous! So is Deer Canyon, but IDK how much rental options there are, as those are upscale suburban areas. Honestly if I were on the younger side (not to the kid stage yet), Denver itself can be LOTS of fun!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-29-2017, 07:10 PM

1,020 posts, read 808,232 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Countess Capital View Post
Greeley Co or Longmont CO...Quiet, fast access to Denver, lots of shopping and crafts etc., lower cost of living because there is still a rural farming industry there (you can still get farm fresh mik and eggs, directly from the smaller farms around there)
I know I said it in my post, but just to call out for anyone else reading this in the future. I gotta wonder if this responder lives anywhere near Denver? Longmont & Greeley are nowhere near Littleton, are NOT an easy commute & are really not the type of town that young urban professionals would be attracted to. Definitely not Greeley. While they may be a lower cost of living, OP specifically said that's not an issue. These are not reasonable places to explore based on OP's criteria & are nowhere near his/her job. Nor did OP state anywhere that they were looking for rural living. This recco just seem so out of left field, I'm kinda lost.

Old 04-29-2017, 09:35 PM

9,868 posts, read 7,691,273 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MsMetal View Post
I know I said it in my post, but just to call out for anyone else reading this in the future. I gotta wonder if this responder lives anywhere near Denver? Longmont & Greeley are nowhere near Littleton, are NOT an easy commute & are really not the type of town that young urban professionals would be attracted to. Definitely not Greeley. While they may be a lower cost of living, OP specifically said that's not an issue. These are not reasonable places to explore based on OP's criteria & are nowhere near his/her job. Nor did OP state anywhere that they were looking for rural living. This recco just seem so out of left field, I'm kinda lost.
Maybe it's a realtor. I, too, thought it was a bizarre suggestion.

Last edited by pikabike; 04-29-2017 at 09:44 PM..

Old 05-05-2017, 05:36 PM

401 posts, read 486,914 times
I would also look in Littleton. You may also want to look in Golden, Parker, Castle Rock, Ken Caryl and even Morrison (if you can find a good private rental). There are plenty of apartment complexes in most cities out here.

Old 05-11-2017, 10:39 AM

3 posts, read 3,245 times
Are you looking for mountain living or suburbs? Chatfield is popular and there is a lot of activity going on in Morrison if you are looking to be more in the hills.

Old 05-17-2017, 05:04 PM

1,943 posts, read 2,294,075 times
I grew up in littleton , they have a light rail , they have geese at the gas station , they still have the original IHOP ,
yeah littleton ..

Old 05-17-2017, 07:59 PM

17,706 posts, read 29,796,003 times
Another 1P.

Old 05-18-2017, 11:11 AM

4,160 posts, read 5,618,277 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yeawrightmel View Post
Hey all. My girlfriend and I will be relocating to Colorado from NYC/Northern NJ area. Needless to say we can't wait to get out of here. I need advice as to what are the best places to live around Littleton, CO (Where the new job will be). We are looking for lots of hiking areas, trails, biking, somewhat quiet (not smack in Denver) but also with enough grocery stores, stores, etc. We also want to know if there is access to public transportation. We love Boulder for Northern, but it's too far, and we love Colorado Springs for southern, again too far. So in your opinion where is a good area to settle? We plan to rent an apartment and have a pretty good budget so that's not so much of an issue once we find a good home. Thanks folks!
This makes me laugh-close to grocery stores....I see you have never visited-

Check out some apartments off of C-470 and Lucent-or in that area -I live in Littleton but my area has no apartments around.

Old 05-31-2017, 08:50 AM

whats a 1P ?

Old 05-31-2017, 09:05 AM

***** 1P Premises Insecure **** 1P Proven reserves Electrical ** 1P First Player ** 1P Worldspan Iata Aircraft Codes * 1P Premier Executive in United Mileage Plus .....

1P.... one player ....

I just remembered its not IHOP anymore but whats crazy is the same waitress is there at the existing restaurant from years ago ...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver