Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-25-2017, 08:37 PM

26,212 posts, read 49,038,592 times

Advertisements

I think they're short by about 500 parking spaces.
- Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.
- Thank you and enjoy City-Data.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-25-2017, 11:28 PM

6,083 posts, read 10,702,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hschlick84 View Post
Here's an update to the building, 650 17th St with new updated images. I would be impressed if this gets built, and I will absolutely make another trip sooner to Denver and take pictures of this.

Official website
Home

Quoted from the website:

"Designed by internationally acclaimed architect Carlos Ott, 650 17th Street in downtown Denver will be the city’s tallest building at 75 stories and will offer its most luxurious lifestyle destination to date. The 1,000,000+ square foot tower will be comprised of 248 luxury condominium residences, a boutique hotel, 22,000 square feet of retail space, and over 500 parking spaces. Residents will enjoy not only possibly the most breathtaking views available in Denver, but also an unprecedented collection of amenities, including multiple terraces and pools, a spa with sauna and steam rooms, and a fitness center. In addition, sporting amenities include a half-court basketball court, a bowling alley, and a game lounge with a pool table, foosball, and shuffle board. Children will enjoy a playroom with a custom climbing gym. Bicycle storage, pet grooming, day care, art consultation, and butler service are among many other planned offerings."

Scheduled to break ground in fall 2018.

Oh wow! That looks amazing (Although maybe a few stories too high). Idk if I trust this though. It'll probably end up half this size if we're being real...

Old 09-26-2017, 06:31 AM

2,175 posts, read 4,299,085 times
Looks like it had a unilateral orchiectomy.

Old 09-26-2017, 08:47 AM

1,849 posts, read 1,808,825 times
If you ask me, it's a good looking building. I hate how there's no centerpiece in the Denver skyline. Finally Denver catches up to cities like L.A. in this regard - 25+ years later.

Old 09-26-2017, 08:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by alloo66 View Post
LA isn't a real city! You need to look at SF, Seattle, Chicago, NYC, Boston, Philadelphia! Honolulu has more high rise buildings than most cities in the US.
Excuse me?

Old 09-26-2017, 08:58 AM

977 posts, read 1,328,246 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike from back east View Post
I think they're short by about 500 parking spaces.
Why? It's a hotel- not exactly a huge driver of parking spaces, and ~250 units. So there's a 2:1 parking ratio for the residential component of this building.

Old 09-26-2017, 09:08 AM

2,653 posts, read 3,046,764 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alloo66 View Post
LA isn't a real city! You need to look at SF, Seattle, Chicago, NYC, Boston, Philadelphia! Honolulu has more high rise buildings than most cities in the US.
Why isn't LA a real city? That's a ridiculous statement.

Old 09-26-2017, 10:03 AM

572 posts, read 552,266 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wong21fr View Post
Why? It's a hotel- not exactly a huge driver of parking spaces, and ~250 units. So there's a 2:1 parking ratio for the residential component of this building.

not enough spaces, they should have at least double the number available IMHO...

for out of town business folks who have to visit multiple client or operation locations, a rental vehicle becomes basically a necessity...

not to even mention the fairly significant reliability issues with the airport rail system for the to/from airport logistics...

Old 09-26-2017, 10:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eatsDEN View Post
not enough spaces, they should have at least double the number available IMHO...

for out of town business folks who have to visit multiple client or operation locations, a rental vehicle becomes basically a necessity...

not to even mention the fairly significant reliability issues with the airport rail system for the to/from airport logistics...
Not again. My office building is brand new and they maybe only have 50 (small) parking spaces underground. Absolutely no parking available in that area. Now they want to pull this with a 74 story skyscraper?!

Old 09-26-2017, 10:45 AM

26,212 posts, read 49,038,592 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wong21fr View Post
I hear ya, but, with 250 "luxury" units I expect that alone to require 350-400 spots in our car obsessed nation,especially for the type of person who buys a luxury condo and their visitors to all those sophisticated, elegant dinner parties. Then one spot per every hotel room, then a spot for almost every hotel employee, then spots for the retail employees and shoppers, and if the hotel does any meetings or conferences then even more spots. I think they must plan at least 750 parking spots, up to 1000 if they can, else it will impact the surrounding neighborhood and street parking. Public transit can help a lot to hold down the car count, especially the line from the airport, but in busy downtown towers I've always seen a lack of spots that usually end up being supported by nearby parking structures.
- Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.
- Thank you and enjoy City-Data.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
View detailed profiles of: