Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-01-2017, 01:22 PM

11,477 posts, read 11,555,088 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timmyy View Post
You are also at the mercy to who or what you are uploading to for the most part. If you are getting 35Mps upload then you are getting great upload speed.

I am guessing Centurylink's fiber connection is a business connection. You have to pay for that speed and bandwidth.
Centurylink ran fiber for all the residences in my neighborhood.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-01-2017, 01:51 PM

5,444 posts, read 6,991,441 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyDog77 View Post
same with my buddy's neighborhood up in Golden. He has it currently because he works from home a lot and he loves it.

Old 06-01-2017, 05:28 PM

1,613 posts, read 3,238,148 times
I have the century link gigabit service at a corporate housing unit i'm staying at in Lone Tree. The service seems decent but the router they supply is complete and utter crap. they they claim you can buy your own but were unable to provide a list of compatible units and I was not able to find anything that advertised as being compatible.

While I agree the uploads arent the best, 35 is plenty for 99% of users out there. My point in the topic is just that its quite exciting that Denver is getting some love when it comes to internet connectivity.

Old 06-02-2017, 12:18 PM

170 posts, read 241,588 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Tim Tim View Post
I have the century link gigabit service at a corporate housing unit i'm staying at in Lone Tree. The service seems decent but the router they supply is complete and utter crap. they they claim you can buy your own but were unable to provide a list of compatible units and I was not able to find anything that advertised as being compatible.

While I agree the uploads arent the best, 35 is plenty for 99% of users out there. My point in the topic is just that its quite exciting that Denver is getting some love when it comes to internet connectivity.
You just need a router capable of doing PPPoE and VLAN Tagging.

As for speeds above XYZ. on Cable speeds can fluctuate during hi peak usage, so your 25Mb might be pulling half that, say 12-15, add 2-3 people streaming HD content and it can start to bottleneck. Obviously 100Mb is great for most as well... but I have 250Mb why? cause i can... and it's only $59/month, not much more than 25 or 100. Also that 250 gets me 25mb upload, which i find useful since i'm uploading large data at 2-3gb at a time every now and then.

Old 06-02-2017, 12:30 PM

12,566 posts, read 10,614,780 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyDog77 View Post
That is awesome. Somebody needs to compete with Comcast to possible help with the price.

This is the modem/router combo I bought to use with Comcast. It works great, so far.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Last edited by Timmyy; 06-02-2017 at 12:39 PM..

Old 06-02-2017, 03:30 PM

170 posts, read 241,588 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thom Hanks View Post
Talk to me when Google Fiber moves in. Though I've mostly been happy with my Comcast service, the local ISP market needs more competition.
That might not ever happen. Google has started to kill it's expansion of Fiber. It's an expensive business with hardly any return they are finding out.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver