Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-25-2017, 11:55 AM

20 posts, read 25,000 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by N610DL View Post
I did the pre move visit several times before I moved here. IMHO, it's still not good enough since you're in vacation mode but that could just be me. Either way, Denver beats out Chicago 100%.

Yeah that's understandable. We will be on such a time crunch on our visit too that we won't get a great idea of the different neighborhoods and towns. Couple hours checking out the downtown areas and a quick drive around and on to the next place.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-25-2017, 12:16 PM

1,948 posts, read 2,297,831 times
Solana Olde Town Station Apartments built in the last year , very new .
They have smaller 2 bd 2 bth for 2000 or less and allow cats .
still a very nice area . They are so new that there are no reviews .
I want to live here , next paycheck or when I win the lottery .

Arvada Village
5839 Pierce St, Arvada, don't go here ! crime. trash .

Commons Park West
1550 Platte St, Denver, CO 80202 – Highland , pricey and not very new .

Old 08-27-2017, 03:57 PM

15 posts, read 24,062 times
Brighton is about 20 minutes to downtown and 25-30 to Boulder. There are lots of townhomes and condos which fall under the $300k price point. Good amount of trails and all nearby as well!

Old 08-28-2017, 09:40 AM

401 posts, read 487,309 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sadow12 View Post
Yeah that's understandable. We will be on such a time crunch on our visit too that we won't get a great idea of the different neighborhoods and towns. Couple hours checking out the downtown areas and a quick drive around and on to the next place.
You might want to get in contact with a realtor in the area, give them your wants and needs and let them help you get the most of your time while you are here. They should be able to give you specific neighborhoods/areas to look at.

Old 08-29-2017, 03:42 PM

25 posts, read 23,371 times
Before moving to Boulder we were pretty set on living in Superior. There is an area North on Mcaslin Rd that we liked. Not too suburban and some decent places to eat and also just one exit away from Boulder. It's also in the BVSD if kids are in the picture.

Old 10-23-2017, 01:05 PM

So refreshing an old thread I started. I have been allowed to transfer within my company to another location in the South Denver Metro Area from Chicago. There are about 14 locations that I may be working at(Littleton, Englewood, Centennial, Greenwood Village, Highlands Ranch are the areas they are in). I am expecting to probably start around December 1st. My wife and I are heading out this coming weekend for 4 days to check out some neighborhoods and possibly check out some apartments. Game plan is to rent for at least a year than buy.

Just based on research Littleton seems to fit the area that we like. Nice downtown area, trails to run on, close to more rural areas if we want to head south but also able to hop on the light rail to get downtown. Highlands ranch looks pretty nice as well. We are thinking 2 bedroom rental at 2k max but would like to stay around 1500-1800 with decent facilities. We do have 2 cats which makes renting from an individual harder to find.

Does this sound like a good area for us to check out or are there any apartment complexes that any one can recommend?

Old 10-23-2017, 02:47 PM

824 posts, read 705,332 times
Golden CO near a lite rail station of the RTD west line. Gives you access to DownTown Denver and east to the airport. Easy drive into the mountains.

Old Town Littleton.

ck out zillow.com for rent prices

Lafayette, Louisville, Superior areas are isolated off in a NW corner of things. Proximity to Boulder CO could make them expensive or at least not be a good value for what you have to pay. The Denver metro area is central to lots of the burbs and ideal for job hunting.

for your Denver visit google ( micro beer tours )

Old 10-25-2017, 08:40 AM

588 posts, read 562,511 times
Quote:
So refreshing an old thread I started. I have been allowed to transfer within my company to another location in the South Denver Metro Area from Chicago. There are about 14 locations that I may be working at(Littleton, Englewood, Centennial, Greenwood Village, Highlands Ranch are the areas they are in). I am expecting to probably start around December 1st. My wife and I are heading out this coming weekend for 4 days to check out some neighborhoods and possibly check out some apartments. Game plan is to rent for at least a year than buy.

Just based on research Littleton seems to fit the area that we like. Nice downtown area, trails to run on, close to more rural areas if we want to head south but also able to hop on the light rail to get downtown. Highlands ranch looks pretty nice as well. We are thinking 2 bedroom rental at 2k max but would like to stay around 1500-1800 with decent facilities. We do have 2 cats which makes renting from an individual harder to find.

Does this sound like a good area for us to check out or are there any apartment complexes that any one can recommend?
Camden Lakeway apartments in Littleton allow cats. We just moved out a few months ago and were paying 1975$ for a 2bd/2bth. Their amenities are decent, they were upgrading the fitness room as we were moving out. My only complaint about the complex was the people who would walk their dogs off the leash and/or not pick up after their dog. The complex is on the bus line that goes to the downtown Littleton light rail station.

Old 10-25-2017, 10:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsBall View Post
Camden Lakeway apartments in Littleton allow cats. We just moved out a few months ago and were paying 1975$ for a 2bd/2bth. Their amenities are decent, they were upgrading the fitness room as we were moving out. My only complaint about the complex was the people who would walk their dogs off the leash and/or not pick up after their dog. The complex is on the bus line that goes to the downtown Littleton light rail station.

Awesome we are going to check those out on Monday or Tuesday. My wife is a health nut so if they are upgrading the fitness center that is a plus.

How did you feel about the management staff, parking situation, and location of nearby restaurants, shops, etc?

Old 10-25-2017, 02:53 PM

588 posts, read 562,511 times
Quote:
Awesome we are going to check those out on Monday or Tuesday. My wife is a health nut so if they are upgrading the fitness center that is a plus.

How did you feel about the management staff, parking situation, and location of nearby restaurants, shops, etc?

They had upgraded the room itself last summer (2016) and then upgraded all the equipment this past summer. Unfortunately I didn’t get to see all the new equipment but from what I remember of the flyer it looked good...and was much needed. There’s also a small indoor basketball court, i ended up using it to walk laps when the weather was too icy to walk outside.

Didn’t have much interaction with management other than initial visit and final checkout which all went smoothly for us. We had a maintenance issue with our dryer once and they took care of it in a timely manner. I think all the apartments come with either an attached or detattched garage. We had a detattched and then parked in the lot for our second car. We didn’t have any issues with parking in our section.

As I said in my other post, my one true complaint was the dog owners but you will find that to be typical of that area in general.

As far as the amenities are concerned, they are typical of a suburb of any city...mall, 24 hour fitness, casual and fast food restaurants, Whole Foods, etc
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver