Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-01-2017, 10:08 AM

20 posts, read 25,000 times

Advertisements

So my wife and I got back last night from our 4 day apartment shopping. Exhausting but fantastic trip. We went to the blackhawks/avalanche games Saturday night which was our only fun activity. Although it wasn't too fun since the hawks got blown out. Ticket and parking prices were a big plus. We stayed at a nice little Airbnb just south of the city which was a perfect location to get around. Only downside was our rental car got backed into overnight while it was parked on the street.

But on to the apartments. We started in the Littleton area I suppose and loved the downtown area. Drove down to the Berkshire Aspen apartments. Nice area but a bit to far south for us. Also, checked out a few on the edge of Littleton and Englewood which weren't bad either. Sunday we made our way towards Lakewood and loved what we found. We probably checked out a total of 12 apartments and 1 townhome. I would say about 8 and the townhome were in the Lakewood area. The majority were right near 285. We were down to the Alta Pinehurst Apartments which are still being built and the Windsor Townhomes. We liked that the townhomes were split with a nice trail. Also, liked 2 car garage and size of the unit. We currently live in a townhome so it felt like it would be a smooth transition in that regards. One downsize was how dark the unit felt. It had windows facing east but even when we saw it the second time on a sunny day early in the day it seemed dark.

The Alta Pinehurst are a gamble since they only have 3 of the 14 finished.The club house and gym area are fantastic. Pool and grill area aren't finished but look like they will be nice. Units are perfect size for us and our 2 cats and it's always nice to get brand new understanding that there will be some hiccups with brand new as well. There was a decent little running trail behind the complex and crossing over Wadsworth will get me to sidewalks where I can run and see the mountains. We ultimately choose a second floor corner unit that isn't done yet(had to wear hardhats to see it), but is scheduled to be done a few days before we get there. Really only needed the appliances and to be cleaned. Windows face south and west which my wife really wanted. I worry that since it's a 3 story building and hardwood on every floor that we may hear the tenants above us. But at the end of the day we're only signing for a year and we think its a good location to get to work, downtown, to golden, downtown Littleton, foothills, etc. Any feedback or recommendations on things to do, places to eat, or drink in the area would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks again everyone that contributed!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-02-2017, 06:06 AM

22,333 posts, read 29,427,518 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sadow12 View Post
So my wife and I got back last night from our 4 day apartment shopping. Exhausting but fantastic trip. We went to the blackhawks/avalanche games Saturday night which was our only fun activity. Although it wasn't too fun since the hawks got blown out. Ticket and parking prices were a big plus. We stayed at a nice little Airbnb just south of the city which was a perfect location to get around. Only downside was our rental car got backed into overnight while it was parked on the street.

But on to the apartments. We started in the Littleton area I suppose and loved the downtown area. Drove down to the Berkshire Aspen apartments. Nice area but a bit to far south for us. Also, checked out a few on the edge of Littleton and Englewood which weren't bad either. Sunday we made our way towards Lakewood and loved what we found. We probably checked out a total of 12 apartments and 1 townhome. I would say about 8 and the townhome were in the Lakewood area. The majority were right near 285. We were down to the Alta Pinehurst Apartments which are still being built and the Windsor Townhomes. We liked that the townhomes were split with a nice trail. Also, liked 2 car garage and size of the unit. We currently live in a townhome so it felt like it would be a smooth transition in that regards. One downsize was how dark the unit felt. It had windows facing east but even when we saw it the second time on a sunny day early in the day it seemed dark.

The Alta Pinehurst are a gamble since they only have 3 of the 14 finished.The club house and gym area are fantastic. Pool and grill area aren't finished but look like they will be nice. Units are perfect size for us and our 2 cats and it's always nice to get brand new understanding that there will be some hiccups with brand new as well. There was a decent little running trail behind the complex and crossing over Wadsworth will get me to sidewalks where I can run and see the mountains. We ultimately choose a second floor corner unit that isn't done yet(had to wear hardhats to see it), but is scheduled to be done a few days before we get there. Really only needed the appliances and to be cleaned. Windows face south and west which my wife really wanted. I worry that since it's a 3 story building and hardwood on every floor that we may hear the tenants above us. But at the end of the day we're only signing for a year and we think its a good location to get to work, downtown, to golden, downtown Littleton, foothills, etc. Any feedback or recommendations on things to do, places to eat, or drink in the area would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks again everyone that contributed!!!

Glad you found something but I would definitely only live on the 3rd floor. You might want to change apartments

Old 11-02-2017, 10:12 AM

588 posts, read 562,511 times
Glad everything worked out for you!

Old 11-02-2017, 02:56 PM

3,158 posts, read 6,123,489 times
Most of the places to eat around Alta Pinehurst are chains, but you can drive to a few places with decent dining.

Drive north on Federal Blvd from Hampden (US 285) You will find good Mexican and Vietnamese restaurants the further north you go. Work your way north.

Wadsworth is mostly chains between Bowles on the south up to Alameda on the north. Wadsworth and Alameda is an area known as Bel Mar. Lots of options there.

Rusty Bucket Bar just north of you is a good bar. Steelers bar on Sunday if I am not mistaken. Monaghan's is a good neighborhood bar near Lowell and Mansfield (it's hidden pretty good).

FYI - There is NO really good pizza in the Denver area. Please don't complain and start that thread again. Bad crust is an altitude/climate thing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver