Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Best Cell Phone Service for Northwest Denver?
AT&T 1 12.50%
Verizon 6 75.00%
T-Mobile 0 0%
Other? 1 12.50%
Voters: 8. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-12-2017, 07:53 AM

20 posts, read 24,805 times

Advertisements

So with the new Iphone coming out today, my wife and I currently have AT&T and will be moving to Denver around the 1st of the year. I am wondering if I should hold off on renewing my plan or is AT&T pretty good out that way. I had read TMobile is actually the best in the Denver area. Just trying to get some feedback.
Quick reply to this message

Old 09-12-2017, 08:05 AM

17,674 posts, read 29,579,921 times
There are 6 possible answers to this question and anecdotal evidence will support all 6.
So, here is your first one: we have T-Mobile, live in the Berkeley neighborhood and it works for us.

Old 09-12-2017, 09:26 AM

3,887 posts, read 5,722,539 times
I have verizon and travel throughout much of the state, along the front range it works great and is usually more reliable in rural areas, but it is expensive compared to most companies.

Truth is most of the cell phone providers are going to be perfectly fine throughout the front range, if you are planning on spending time in rural areas or off the beaten path in the mountains than you will need to check coverage maps.

Old 09-12-2017, 10:08 AM

760 posts, read 875,652 times
Had T-Mobile, now have Verizon.

T-Mobile was OK, but it has many dead zones around the city. There was one 3 mile stretch of Colfax that would always cause my phone to brick up. Every day.

Verizon is more expensive, but it will work well in the mountains. I can't tell you how many times I was way out in the middle of nowhere and I needed to look at map, or send a drop pin to a friend for camping. T-Mobile was always a gamble in the mountains. Service drops off within a few miles off of 70.

Old 09-12-2017, 10:11 AM

1,259 posts, read 1,091,914 times
My neighbors have AT&T, and they really struggle to get good service up here in Evergreen. I've heard that from a few other folks who live here as well. I have Verizon and the service is really very good, but sometimes I feel like I'm overpaying.

Old 09-12-2017, 10:19 AM

3,111 posts, read 5,003,856 times
You really need to ask your new neighbors. The coverage with most of the carriers can be very good but yet spotty. I know people who are very upset with Verizon for no coverage who are walking distance from our house were we get excellent Verizon coverage. However our T-Mobile was no good. But Sprint is good.

My advice is don't renew. Wait until you find a place to live and then check to see what works there.

Old 09-12-2017, 10:48 AM

9,868 posts, read 7,604,472 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mic111 View Post
You really need to ask your new neighbors. The coverage with most of the carriers can be very good but yet spotty. I know people who are very upset with Verizon for no coverage who are walking distance from our house were we get excellent Verizon coverage. However our T-Mobile was no good. But Sprint is good.

My advice is don't renew. Wait until you find a place to live and then check to see what works there.
Good advice. Although the Denver area usually means the more densely populated urban and suburban areas, IF you might move to the outlying foothills, check what works in the specific site you intend to live. Where we used to live, at first there was no cell service at all from our house. Later, we discovered that if we walked about 1/2 mile uphill on a steep road to a slightly more open area, we *sometimes* could make calls there. The quality was still very iffy, though. Years later, we were sometimes able to make calls at our property, but again the quality was fair at best.

While we are on the topic of communications--->check what your Internet choices are, too. Not every location has high-speed Internet, and by that I mean "faster than dialup modem."

Old 09-12-2017, 11:32 AM

3,111 posts, read 5,003,856 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pikabike View Post
Good advice. Although the Denver area usually means the more densely populated urban and suburban areas, IF you might move to the outlying foothills, check what works in the specific site you intend to live.
I know it is surprising, but I'm talking about solid suburbs. Like 30 restaurants in walking distance, movie theaters, hospital, car care etc all withing a mile radius. Wall-to-wall homes. Verizon store in walking distance. Still no Verizon coverage.

I remember my work at one point tried to transition to T-mobile for everyone. Unmitigated disaster. Tons of people couldn't get service at their homes.

Old 09-12-2017, 11:48 AM

8,592 posts, read 14,764,841 times
T-Mobile is probably a better option the closer you are to the core of the metro area. On the fringes they suck. We had to use one of their Cell-Fi boosters to get a signal in our house on the SE side of Aurora. Now we're on Verizon. It's expensive as hell but works much better where we are.

Old 09-12-2017, 11:58 AM

11,477 posts, read 11,453,942 times
My wife has T Mobile and I have Verizon. T Mobile is horrible in the mountains. It's fine in the city. I think Verizon has the best coverage.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver