Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-11-2017, 04:59 PM

11,477 posts, read 11,557,632 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by IanAlyssa View Post
Thank you!

No place is perfect. I have so many pros/cons listed for all the places we have been interested so far. We will only have 3 days to see apartments, so I really need to trim my list. LOL

What about the Cherry Creek South area? Is that more walkable? Google Maps lists the area as Glendale. Do you think the commute would be easier?
That’s not Cherry Creek. They throw that name on because real Cherry Creek is a posh neighborhood. Glendale is definitely closer in. There are some bad apartments and nice apartments over there.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-12-2017, 12:44 PM

1,950 posts, read 2,297,831 times
LoHi Gold Apartments
2424 W Caithness Pl, Denver, CO

but you need to have real GOLD to live there ....

1 Bedroom / 1 Bath - Gallup
1 bd 1 ba
631 Sqft

$1,670 - $5,318
Available Now

Last edited by Mike from back east; 10-12-2017 at 12:52 PM..

Old 10-12-2017, 01:04 PM

19 posts, read 23,156 times
Ok.. dropping Swansea from the list. I had not found anything interesting to look at there anyway

Old 10-12-2017, 01:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wilberry View Post
LoHi Gold Apartments
2424 W Caithness Pl, Denver, CO

but you need to have real GOLD to live there ....

1 Bedroom / 1 Bath - Gallup
1 bd 1 ba
631 Sqft

$1,670 - $5,318
Available Now
Yeah, a little pricy.. and the units are small for the prices they are charging.

We want a 2 bedroom Also trying to find a place with washer/dryer in-unit (those gold ones do have that), a garage or assigned parking off-street for 2 cars. All for the value price of about $1700-1800 (we are figuring about $200-250 for utilities/wifi/cat fee) so we would be all in at about $2000. Believe it or not, we have found a few that fit the bill. Its just going to depend on what they actually look like in person.

Keep sending suggestions!!

Old 10-16-2017, 10:31 AM

Another question.. As we research more and more I just have more things to ask. Sorry!

IF we decided to rent a place downtown or nearby (yes, I know some areas are sketchy) and it doesn't come with parking, or only has parking for one vehicle - are there lots around where you can buy monthly parking passes? Or what do most people do? All the reviews talk about the horrible parking situation - but do you think that is because they are trying to park on the street?

Old 10-16-2017, 10:40 AM

760 posts, read 883,277 times
Lodo and Capital Hill will have the worst street parking situations, however Lodo will have parking structures you can rent spaces in....however it is very expensive. There was some story about a single parking space selling for $60,000. I can't think of any lots to rent from in Capital Hill.

The street parking situation in neighborhoods like Lower Highlands, Wash Park, River North and 5 Points is actually not that bad.

Old 10-20-2017, 06:02 AM

43 posts, read 54,445 times
OP,

We just moved to Denver about 4 months ago and we are renting a condo in the Lower Highlands. I can't comment on many areas, except for the one we live in
We are two females in our early 30s and wanted to be somewhere walkable, close to lots of bars and restaurants and safe, with some green space for our dog to run.

We rent a 2 bedroom condo with one garage, and the other car we park on the street.

Re: parking: I am the one who parks on the street since I have an older car. I also have odd work hours and occasionally will get home at 1am. I can always find parking on the same block and it's a little creepy walking from my car to the condo at that time (since there's nobody else on the street), but I don't feel unsafe. I don't find parking here to be so bad - I will always find parking on my block. The caveat is when they have the street sweeping days - it may be a little more tricky, but I plan around to either be working that day or to leave my car parked on the correct side of the street.

Re: walkability: It is very walkable and bikable here. We walk everywhere - restaurants, bars, gym, parks. And we bike to the Cherry creek and Platte River Trail. There are so many bars and restaurants around us that it will take a while until we go to all of them. We have walked to the Coors Field to watch the Rockies, and we are a short Uber ride to downtown if we wanna be there at night.

Re: green space: we are 5 minutes from downtown but our neighborhood has a different feel, lots of tree lined streets and 2 or 3 nearby parks where we can take our dog to run and exercise.

The major con we have found is rental price. This is not a cheap area to be in. We are paying 2600 for a 2 story condo, 2 bedroom, about 1500sq with one car garage (ouch). There are definitely some cheaper places if you have the time to look for it. One of my friends rents a house with a yard with 2 bedrooms for 1800 dollars. You may be able to find small apartments on one of the brand new buildings that will rent for 1400-1500.

Another area to look in is Congress Park, as others have mentioned. One of our friends lives there, rents a small house with a yard for around $1600, I believe.

Old 10-30-2017, 05:35 PM

Crazy as it sounds.. we don't think he got the job he has been interviewing for, but we may move there anyway!

We have our hearts set on it, and we are going to just go and hope we find jobs quickly! LOL This goes against everything I believe, and its so not-me! (not saying Denver is against everything I believe - the spontaneous, impulsive, fly by the seat of your pants sort of move is what I am referring to). But we have quite a bit in savings and we are coming into some money next year, so we would be ok.

Would we be totally crazy to think we're going to be able to find decent jobs at the end of the year? Should we just put off the search until January? I still cant believe we are contemplating this...

Old 10-30-2017, 05:40 PM

13,827 posts, read 29,936,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by IanAlyssa View Post
Crazy as it sounds.. we don't think he got the job he has been interviewing for, but we may move there anyway!

We have our hearts set on it, and we are going to just go and hope we find jobs quickly! LOL This goes against everything I believe, and its so not-me! But we have quite a bit in savings and we are coming into some money next year, so we would be ok.

Would we be totally crazy to think we're going to be able to find decent jobs at the end of the year? Should we just put off the search until January? I still cant believe we are contemplating this...
Denver employers can't give away jobs right now.

(meaning, if this current economy holds for a bit, you can pretty much take your pick)

Old 10-30-2017, 05:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Aguilar View Post
Denver employers can't give away jobs right now.

(meaning, if this current economy holds for a bit, you can pretty much take your pick)
Awesome! That makes me feel a little better!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver